main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Why the hell would Ventress want to rebel against the Empire?

She can't just stay a awesome bounty hunter?

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe their taking all her income sources away by using their own Empire Bounty Hunter System? :p

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That would piss her off enough to take on the Empire for her own personal benefit.

As I've mentioned before, I just don't want to see Ventress becoming all idealistic and dedicated to causes other than Ventress.

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Same here. Don't change Ventress. She's perfect just as she is.

5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Haven't actually looked at the poll on this thread for a while but I just did, and grimdark Ahsoka is now only one single point ahead of post-timeskip Ahsoka. It used to have a much clearer lead. Now it might be about to lose it.

Maybe there's been an influx of gushing, enthused Ahsoka loving newbies who haven't been through the character dissections and brutal thrashing out of what why when who and how on LACWAC. I think going through those debates would leave one more inclined to view grimdark as the better way to go.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into stuff.

Jedi Knight Bane likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Now I wish I had voted grimdark instead of Sith-aligned.

Jedi Knight Bane likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I picked non with dark jedi so ya.

8. Jedi Knight Bane

Jedi Knight Bane Jedi Master star 1

Feb 21, 2014
    Since I don't have a opinion on this I am just going to tie this up.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Everything becomes terrible if you nitpick it enough. I've found that people choose not to nitpick the things they naturally like, but will tear apart the things that they dislike. That like/dislike doesn't have to be logical, it can just be whatever "turns your crank."

10. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    I still would like her to show up as a Sith. That'd be cool and one hell of a twist.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe she's only a sith when she wants to be. Otherwise she's standoffish and sarcastic/witty. But only cares about the people who mean something to her. Otherwise if they tick her off she sends them out the airlock.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Ugh, the more I hear "sarcastic" or "grimdark" in the context of an older Ahsoka, the less I want to see it. Do we really need another Ventress?

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    She doesn't have to be exactly like Ventress. I wouldn't mind hearing a bit of sarcasm from Ahsoka, but that doesn't mean she should stop caring about people either.

I do however, want to see her personality be a little different that when we saw her last. I mean, it's been fifteen years. She must changed a little bit, at least with the Empire around and having everything she knew (the Jedi Order & Republic) wiped out from the face of the galaxy.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Absolutely.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But Ventress's Character is for ventress not Ashoka or anyone else people should be unique.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well yeah. Of course Ventress' character is only for Ventress. Nobody else could possibly reach her level of awesomeness even with a Level of Awesomeness Elevation Machine from the Future.

My point is that having a character with similar personality traits is absolutely unequivocally NOT a bad thing.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yes but I don't know if Ashoka would be able to work with them but I guess we will see.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She had some good sarcastic smartassery in early seasons and the writers ripped it from her. :(

And what happened in ROTS could make anyone cynical or grimdark. Better cynical or grimdark than whiny.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Point taken.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    She should just be a more mature and seasoned version of herself. She was fine in later seasons and she was still a teen prior.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The only part of that post I agree with is "She was still a teen."

...oh. Actually she was still a teen in later seasons.

"Older" does not have to and should not mean "no longer fun."

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Ya she was only 16.

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Sounds much better than some suggestions here that turned her into Ventress 2.0.

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    The one thing that I would like as well, is if she was uncomfortable or standoffish to Kanan because he was leading a life she left behind. You know, with being a Jedi and all. Also, Kanan remembering Ahsoka from the whole betrayal by her best friend and falsely accused by Council and Senate thing.

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It makes sense that she is more aloof now, especially concerning Jedi.