main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Ahsoka novel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cynical_Ben, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]
    http://nerdist.com/new-star-wars-novel-featuring-ahsoka-tano-announced-exclusive/

Well, you figured that this was going to happen, especially after Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir. Ahsoka is the TCW poster child, and to have so much of her story left untold would only last for so long.

2. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    YESSSSSSSS OMG YESSSSSSS

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Actually, I like that unlike DD it seems to be specifically picking up after RotS rather than just adapting stuff that was meant for TCW.

4. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010

This. While I'm really excited to see more material about Ahsoka, and further information about her history between the two shows, I will admit I am disappointed this appears to be an original story, and not an adaption of her final TCW arc.

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    If Bail Organa has more than a mere cameo in this book, I might be interested.

6. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    [face_dancing]

This is gonna be a good year. :D

Commander Wolffe likes this.
  7. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I'm excited about this. Above all, I just want it to be a good story.

Kenobi1138 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Now I'll have to put this on my Amazon wishlist for pre-order.

9. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Very excellent news to wake up to this morning! And October of this year. That's not so bad in the grand scheme of things. I can't wait!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Figured something like this had to be in the works but still really excited to see it confirmed!

11. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Coop has a good point, this is explicitly sent after Order 66, and probably post RotS entirely, meaning it'll be an entirely original story, not based on one of the unproduced TCW scripts. And it's actually technically a YA book like Lost Stars, not a Del Ray novel.

12. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Awesome! I've wanted something like this for a long time! I'm kind of disappointed that it won't involve her final TCW arc because that definitely needs to be told. However it sounds like an interesting story, and the period immediately after ROTS has a lot of story potential. I'm happy they're doing something like this. Ahsoka deserves a novel. Also this will give us a look at the formation of the Rebellion leadership with is a important story to tell. I'm excited to read this.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I'm 100% convinced that Marvel will be doing a comic series on the Siege of Mandalore before or when this comes out. We sorta have to know what happened there for this to make complete sense/not spoil that arc.

Vthuil, Vialco, QueenSabe7 and 2 others like this.
  14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Whelp. =D=

I do like that it's a YA book; Lost Stars was terrific and so far a lot of the books targeted at younger readers in the new canon have been better than the ones targeted at adults (looking at you, DD). Hopefully this will follow that trend. Wonder if we'll see TCW characters Ahsoka knew, like Saw and Lux? But no love triangle, please, while we're on the subject of those two.

15. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    You're probably right. Plus, TCW needs a conclusion. We are close enough to the end of the war now, we just need that final arc. Then the story will be pretty much complete.

16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I gasped so much out of shock (HYPE :D ) that I almost choked. [face_laugh]

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I don't know anything about this author, anyone ever read any of her stuff?

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Of course the article is misleading. It mentioned you could already pre-order the book at your favorite store; but it's neither up on Amazon nor Barnes and Noble as of yet[face_sigh]

Rou-eru likes this.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    She's a long time SW fan. I'm always glad when one of us gets an author gig.

I'm pretty interested in this story -- Ahsoka's grown on me over the years and I think by late TCW I'd found her an interesting character. Her inter series story in particular is one I'd wanted to know.

Also. Bail. Awesome.

Disney-LFL Press probably has another hit on their hands.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

20. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    YES!! Rebels finale then this news?? [face_dancing] Love me some Ahsoka.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    When the book is available for pre-order, it'll be the first Star Wars novel I've purchased new. And this goes back to the early 80s.

22. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

I literally went straight to Amazon after finding out about this lol.

Aphra and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    One thing that puzzles me is that it's listed as a "Young Adult" novel. What does that mean, exactly? Were Tarkin, Dark Disciple, A New Dawn, also "Young Adult" novels?

24. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    Only Lost Stars so far has been YA. I'm really hoping that Disney/Lucasfilm Press keeps putting these out. I don't know if we've had something for that age range since Young Jedi Knights.

Gudenruben2 likes this.
  25. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    It's confusing. Technically, what Del Ray publishes are considered "Adult" novels, so Tarkin, AND, Dark Disciple, etc all fall under that umbrella. "Young Adult" novels are marketed more for a teen/ older teen crowd, think Hunger Games or Claudia Gray's superb Lost Stars. You'll also notice that the book isn't being published by Del Ray, it's being published by Disney/Lucasfilm Press, who did the aforementioned Lost Stars, Before the Awakening and other books like that recently.