main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Ahsoka novel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cynical_Ben, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm about one third of the way through this and....it's....uh....

Slow.

I'm going to say dull but I'm not really into the farmers just yet.

Vialco likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Well looks would be a pretty lame reason for not liking a character (not that I see anything wrong with her look in TCW, but I'm biased). But to each their own.

3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

"I hope right you are."

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    A lot of people also grew a little disenfranchised with the character in TCW because she really became the star of the show over Anakin and Obi Wan. I didn't mind it myself and understood why she became that but it is still very understandable why some people would be a little irked by it when Anakin and Obi Wan had been around for as long as they had.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well in TCW she may have been a primary character, but for all intents and purposes she didn't really "take over the show" over Anakin. She was his protégé; and even when he wasn't involved in the scenes she was in, his influence was present. Not to mention there were plenty of episodes in the series that were absent of Jedi entirely.

6. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Finished this last night, not great but not awful, would still like to see more stories about her or featuring her, a comic with her and the Rebels team perhaps? Having watched Rebels Series 1/2 definitely helped, just took a while to get going.

7. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    IMO Ahsoka is the main character of the show, with Anakin and Obi being her seconds and the rest of the revolving cast (Padme, Senators, Bounty Hunters, etc.) being on the third tier.

Sent from A TRANSMISSION BEAMED ABOARD THIS SHIP--

8. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    I just got the Ahsoka hardcover novel yesterday when I was out of town and did some shopping at Target.

Is the Ahsoka novel any good? Just wondering since Im busy re-reading Allegiance right now and got other still fairly new Star Wars novels in hardcover which are Aftermath and the Lords of the Sith novel

9. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I thought it was good. It wouldn't be in my top star wars novels, but it was a fun read and the characters were handled well. I had no complaints about it and as an Ahsoka fan it was nice to see more of her story. I'd say it's well worth buying. I'd say Aftermath is a better, but I'd reccomend Ahsoka first because it is a quick read and then you'd be able to move on to the others.

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I agree with your assessment. I think this novel served as a decent enough starting point for future novels. Gives us a little glimpse of what she was doing after she left the order. It also reinforced to me just how close she was to Obi-Wan and Anakin and how their apparent demise affected her. They were her family through and through, and she missed them.

11. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    Couple of months ago, people were making a big deal about the red crystals being that way because they were "bleeding" or whatever.

The novel itself actaully make a big deal every now and then about the lightsaber crystals being red yada yada?

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
  13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    just bought this on Amazon, from what it sounds like most like it but it wasn't the best new star wars novel. kind of what it sounded like when people read the first star wars Aftermath. and I loved Aftermath! So far I love all the new canon books my favorite being Lost Stars!

JediKnight75 likes this.
  14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    SensationalSean likes this.
  15. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Just finished it: there were parts I liked, the end was quite interesting... otherwise I did not like the fragmented storyline and the non-existent story arc. It was like the author could not decide if he wanted to write the Ahsoka version of the Kenobi book or something entirely different. The best parts were the recollection scenes... the characterization was ok. Still I do not think I will read it again.

While reading I was wondering that despite its twisted sense of humour the Force was actually merciful with its Chosen One: even turning to a monster and living a life of pain and depression at least Lord Vader did not have to find his way a relatively peaceful (warless) and boring universe... what would Anakin Skywalker do with his sparetime if the comparatively (!) model Jedi Ahsoka Tano's main problem was the peacefulness of farming life?!

The only scene/idea that really got me in the book was about the future: after her confrontation with Vader she may speak to Bail Organa. And she will know that Bail was aware of the identity of Vader, no doubt... and he did not find it necessary to tell it to Ahsoka... well it will be some discussion.

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Well if we use the Finale of Rebels season 2 as an example, it doesn't appear as though Bail told her about Anakin being Vader. Ahsoka didn't really know for sure until the last episode. At least from my perspective.

17. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Has the sales for the Ahsoka novel been good so far ? Just wondering

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    DarthTalgus likes this.
  19. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    The sales were fantastic for a YA book. People said that Lost Stars had good sales but the Ahsoka novel far exceeded what Lost Stars sold.

20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Lost Stars was about random characters created for the book. Ahsoka on the other hand is a very popular character. Ashley Eckstein herself has a big fanbase. The reason she did the audiobook was solely due to fan demand. I bet a lot of people who don't normally buy audiobooks bought the Ahsoka audiobook. And if those people also bought the book, that's two sales instead of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    This just reinforces my belief that killing the character off at this point is a very bad idea.

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker and Qel like this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Counterexample A: Han Solo.

(Or, heck, Darth Vader)

23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is good, hopefully this shows Lucasfilm that it's very profitable to make more Ahsoka content :)

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I could be wrong, but I don't think audiobook sales factor on the sales of a printed book. It's a separate category.

25. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Definitely, I came to the character late as I missed Clone Wars when it was 'new' but she has grown on me, and I particularly like the more developed grown up version seen in Rebels. Whilst this book wasn't the best, it was a nice read and I hope we'll see more of her on screen and in books/comics.