main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ahsoka Stand Alone film???

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMateous, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Just curious - where did the 75 page figure come from? That's new info to me...

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Actually....I stand corrected. I thought it was 75 pages. It's only a 50 page synopsis.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/star-w...rom-michael-arndt-featuring-han-luke-and-leia

3. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    The annoying red girl from a cartoon that was only recently invented and placed in the Clone Wars timeline as Anakin's padawan after the fact warranting her own standalone movie? No thanks. I doubt Disney will make any attempts to further canonize anything from the Clone Wars show. Maul being resurrected for instance. I guess it's canon...whatever. But it (like a lot of things Star Wars I guess) is after the fact, and it only matters if you watch the show. The whole series is exclusive. It can all be ignored, and it will be as far as future movies go.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Or Chloe Moretz could not play anybody in Star Wars.

I've seen a small number of folks mentioning her over and over on the boards here and I guess I just don't get it. Did she express an interest in appearing in the ST and I missed it? I know there was a story out there that suggested Matthew Vaughn had an interest in casting her, but, of course, Vaughn did not land the job.

To be honest, given the work of Moretz which I've seen, I don't get the ravenous appeal. That is to say, she seems perfectly adequate, but mostly (again, just my opinion), she amounts to an actress with a standard-fare Hollywood face / look, coupled with acting that hasn't gripped me enough to be particularly memorable. Maybe she'd take a SW opportunity and knock it out of the park, though. Who knows?

yggdrasil311 and Poor Greedo like this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I wouldn't want to see the stand-alone pictures limited to only ST-connected characters in any way, shape or form, but I'm completely with you that Ahsoka has no place in Episodes 7-9.

6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    That link says Arndt turned in a 40-50 page synopsis that he wrote - not that Lucas gave them a 50 page synopsis. I don't think anything has come out yet that has said how extensive George's notes were.

7. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    I can't remember where I saw the original quote. The link I posted was just to confirm the # of pages. But I read somewhere that Lucas sat down with Arndt and went over the story treatment with him.

However, I DO know for a FACT that Lucas, in the first of his 5 part interview posted on starwars.com, said that already had the story treatment for 7, 8 and 9. And that he gaves those to Kathleen Kennedy.

And then in the 2nd interview Kennedy confirmed that they were sitting down with a couple of writers and discussing story ideas. Lucas goes onto to say that his role is a creative consultant "especially helping out with the script." "There's a lot of blank spots in the story treatment that we hope we can fill in."

So it's clear that Lucas's input is still seen as the ultimate canon.

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Worst character ever, 66 her please.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Isn't she like 12? That wouldn't be very nice.

Darth Venator likes this.
  10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Not my problem, he killed younger people at the temple.

11. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Please, no. Am I the only one who doesn't love this girl? Don't get me wrong, I won't lose sleep if she's cast but im just not sold on her acting chops, yet.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  12. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You're definitely not alone.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Didn't read the whole thread. Answering the thread topic.

No...just no.

JackG likes this.
  14. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    My teenage niece got into TCW because of Ahsoka. Having her would appeal to young girls and get them liking Star Wars.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I got into Star Wars as a kid and didn't need Ahsoka's help.

Han and Leia brought me in, and to some extent Luke.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Exactly. There have always been female Star Wars fans, haven't there? :)

These fans, as with their male counterparts, have been drawn into the GFFA by any of the various characters and stories over the years. The character of Ahsoka Tano is no different in that regard than any of these thousands of other SW characters developed for the franchise and, in my opinion, shouldn't be given any special consideration for a starring role in a film on the basis of having brought some fans to the franchise. Any well-written / designed character can (and does) accomplish that. Besides, it's not as if Ahsoka doesn't already have a starring vehicle in The Clone Wars (and we don't even know if she'll survive that).

If someone writes a terrific story around the a role that only Tano can fill, that may be a different matter. In my opinion, that should always be the deciding factor.

17. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004

I agree. It's called Fanboyish Appeal. Same silly set of eyes and minds that say Summer Glau is a great actress and should be in anything sci-fi. Just cuz she was in a Firefly thing.

Summer Glau is a Horrible actress. Stop it. Just cuz she looks good doesn't mean she would be perfect for all sci-fi roles.

Chloe has some talents though. Let Me In showed some personal moments where she can act.

Back to original context of this post. No. Ashoka will not get her own movie. Plenty other characters that are better.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So in regards to TCW season finale (I don't watch it by the way, just read the IGN review) Ahsoka leaves the Order?

19. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I'm not so sure about an Ahsoka standalone spin-off but, if she survives the Clone Wars, perhaps she might disappear and then pop-up as an old lady at some point during the ST.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  20. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Yes, she is framed for bombing the Jedi Temple and the murder of clone troopers so the Jedi Council expels her from the Order. After Ahsoka is found innocent and it is proved she was being framed the Jedi Council apologizes to her and ask her to rejoin the Order but she declines.

21. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    I remember going to the cinema to see the Clone Wars movie and not being impressed that not only had Anakin been given an apprentice, but she was annoying and those nicknames were stupid. Five years later, Ahsoka is one of the most developed characters in the Star Wars universe and if she were to show up in Episode VII, I'd be down with that.

22. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    I was speculating that Ahsoka could have a stand-alone film because her character is so beloved and popular with young kids. But my initial post of this topic was just an idea I threw out there. I didn't really believe she'd really have her own film. However, after seeing the finale of the Clone Wars...I'm actually not so sure that Disney isn't seriously considering the idea.

23. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I doubt she will make an appearance. However, I agree it is not far-fetched either. If the Clone Wars series ends and she is not dead, then I think we may have a clue. I am thinking some cameo in the ST, not a standalone film. I must admit that her presence in either would be a little worrisome.

24. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I confess that after the latest TCW story arc, I am terrified that she might end up being a part of the ST somehow.

She needs to die before ROTS. There is no way around it. The entire reason for her existence is to push Anakin deeper into the quest to stop people he loves from dying. I think he needs to watch her die, and be unable to stop it.

DarthMateous likes this.
  25. Sir Cronal

Sir Cronal Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2013
    It is obvious that something even bigger is going to happen to Ahsoka during the sixth (and last?) season of TCW so I'm pretty sure she won't have anything to do with the sequel trilogy or the stand-alone projects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.