main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahsoka Tano's fate (what do you think?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 1, 2016.

?

What do you believe is the status of Ahsoka Tano, circa credit roll on ToTA part II?

1. Ahsoka lives!

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. She's dead Jim.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    There's been a bit of back and forth discussion if this in the Ahsoka in Rebels thread. Many call the end ambiguous. Some think it indicates a fate one way or the other. I saw someone said there should be a poll...

So here it is.

Sound off.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope this does. It get locked because I'm interested in the results.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Edit: Your thread is being reopened. Please continue the discussion.

4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I personally think her fate is purposely being left up in the air. So she really in a way is both at this time. I think her story is for the most part over in Rebels but Filoni and crew aren't against someone else carrying on her story if they have a really good idea.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes! I want to see the results to this poll and so far I am surprised it's so even.

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well it's obvious the end was meant to be ambiguous, especially based on Filoni's comments. Personally I think and am operating under the assumption that she is dead; I think it's the perfect end to her story and fits in better with continuity going forward.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd say she's alive through the time someone plans on continuing her story. I sincerely doubt the ambiguous ending was meant to leave the possibility that it will never happen. There are still several years before ANH comes around; and even so, she's not a Jedi, so Yoda's "last of the Jedi" remarks wouldn't effect her anyway.

QueenSabe7 and vw_jedi like this.
  9. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Exactly. Filoni likely is done with her but he is developing an idea that someone else could pick up and run with if they ever want to. We are likely finished with her in animation though.

10. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Well she is stumbling throug the ruins at the end of the episode, right before the screen fade to the Ghost crew.
    And there are two more TIE fighters that the Inquisitors left behind so she has good chances of surviving, depending on her injuries from the clash with vader.

11. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I think she's probably Shroedinger's Apprentice about now. She's gone but we'll only be able to say she's dead for sure once she gets Undulied and her corpse is displayed in a box somewhere. I honestly don't think Filoni is going to take her any further forwards, if he is the one to bring her back it will be to finally reveal what went down on Mandalore and in between then and the S2 finale. Thematically I guess it would be 'neater' if she was actually dead but I honestly am happy with her simply being 'gone.'

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Liked for Schrodinger's Apprentice. :D

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well one thing's for sure. Regardless of what her fate is moving forward; the fact that she's out of the picture completely has certainly dropped my interest in the show. Like many, I'd been waiting for the showdown all season. Meanwhile I tried to warm up to the new characters, but it didn't last too long.

Knight Wolf likes this.
  14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Speak for yourself A'sT. I'm stoked for 3 based on the probably-true rumor that Thrawn is going to be in it.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought I was speaking for myself.

16. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I'm thinking her story on Rebels is over, but she is definitely still alive. I'll continue thinking so until her death is outright confirmed. It does drive me a tinsy bit crazy, but I like how her story is left open. Hopefully someone will pick it back up at some point (after the events of Rebels S2, not in reference to the upcoming Ahsoka novel).

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Supposedly, the novel will take up the role of filling the gap between TCW and Rebels.

18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Yep, really looking forward to that. I just really want to know what happened after she goes back into the temple depths at some point. Too intriguing!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    FWIW I wouldn't mind seeing her in a live action production at some point. Whether pre or post Rebels isn't that important.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Maybe she doesn't die literally but metaphorically by becoming an agent of Vaders

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That would be an interesting take. Maybe in a mutual agreement with Vader, he'd let her live (if only to seek the full knowledge of the Sith that she came for) in exchange for guarding the Temple from here on in.

[​IMG]

QueenSabe7 and fett 4 like this.
  22. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.