main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahsoka's knighthood

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LadyNomad, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNomad

LadyNomad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2009
    How likely is it that Ahsoka become a Jedi Knight by the end of the Clone Wars?

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Not likely at all, I'd say.

3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    One of the plot points of the series will be how Anakin deals with letting go of his Padawan (given his attachment issues). This is very clearly foreshadowed in the CW movie, so I don't see why she won't "graduate" during the series, unless she dies first, of course.

(To be honest, her death is less likely than her graduation, IMHO. She's a strong heroine for young girls to follow, and it'd be a bit cruel to kill her off.)

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Ahsoka will be about 16 by the end of the Clone Wars. Obi-Wan was about 20 in TPM and Qui-Gon still had to force his knighthood.

5. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Is there any reason to assume that the series will play-out in real-time?

6. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Well, I saw somewhere that the Clone Wars last three years and the series is slated for 5 seasons, I believe. If they keep going with the way they are starting the seasons(in the fall and running through until spring) it could take another 3-4 years for the series to finally play out...who knows, she might be knighted by then, but my bets are on her getting killed or being kicked out of the order altogether.

7. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I don't see it, then Anakin will have to become a Jedi Master right, unless the council hold him back.

8. LadyNomad

LadyNomad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2009
    In Revenge of the Sith, Anakin entered the council expecting the Master Rank. He would have a better chance of expecting it if he had a padawan turned into a knight.

9. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    All of which was really stupid because Ki-Adi-Mundi wasn't a Master when he first joined the Council. You know, the same Ki-Adi-Mundi who had four wives, a son, and seven daughters?

10. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, but the minute Ahsoka takes the trials and passed, Anakin would be promoted, there are just too many holes for Ahsoka to become a Knight near the end of the series, and she will be what 17? Anakin was 20, and Obi-Wan was 25 when they became Knights, too many holes for my liking.

11. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't know if she'll make knight by the end of the series, because I think most younglings are padawans a lot longer than that before becoming a knight.

12. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Is there anything in the actual films that implies all this stuff about Anakin being promoted once Ahsoka is, etc.? EU canon just isn't a constraint upon TCW, only the films and prior CW episodes are, so I don't see these things as being reasons to think Ahsoka won't be promoted. (I'm sure on the mechanics of Jedi ranks, Lucas has very specific ideas that have nothing to do with the EU. Just don't be surprised if this plot point contradicts all the established EU continuity in this regard.)

As far as her age, the Jedi Council may hold the opinion that, say, three years in the Clone Wars is equal to eight years of regular apprenticeship. Also, the thinning of their ranks may force their hand in speeding Padawans through the process.

13. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Basically, The Clone Wars supercedes all previous Star Wars canon. (At least that's my friend's parody of the whole "T-canon" concept.)

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I highly doubt Ahsoka will be promoted to Jedi Knight by the end of the series. For one, Mace Windu said in Episode III "Your on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master." Anakin would have had a better chance if Ahsoka was promoted. Either she was killed or expelled from the Order, during the Clone Wars.

15. henchman24

henchman24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2008
    I think the era in which Ahsoka is being trained could play out as a major factor. Similar to Kit Fisto's padawan (blanking on his name) in the LoG episode. He didn't seem to be ready, and we know the war kept Fisto from being there at the end. With all the Jedi being killed in the war, or being too busy to train an apprentice, it would at least seem plausable that Ashoka would be promoted early, or some kind of probationary knighthood etc... After all, the experiences she has had in season 1 alone, are more than most Knights/Masters of previous generations may have had by her age.

I am not saying it will happen or that its a good idea, but there is a way for them to sell it that I wouldn't completely object to.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Please continue in one of the existing Ahsoka threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.