main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AICN reports: Possible Clone Wars Cartoon on Cartoon network( get your big container of salt ready)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Matthew Trias, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    It's Star Wars. Cel animation just doesn't look right. ;)

2. Nolan_Sanap

Nolan_Sanap Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2002
    An anime style would be interesting BUT my first choice is Paul Dini and the crew of the Emmy Award Winning Masterpiece: Batman, The Animated Series. THAT IMHO is some of the best animated work ever tobe broadcast. Plus Dini worked previously on "Ewoks", etc.
    At your service,
    ~D'Rewan

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    If it's good, I'll watch it.

4. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    You'll have to watch it first to see if its good Darth_Guy :)

Hmm, alright, so we know that it's for real, now its time for speculation :D

Whaddya think? Main movie characters or backround characters? I'd prefer backround characters myself.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm more curious as to how it'll blend in with the Republic, The Clone Wars, Boba Fett & Jedi comics and games.

I wonder if there'll be crossovers of characters or events from them?

I want my weekly animated dose of Quinlan Vos ::D

Although, I suppose it's possible that the above mentioned sources will only end up covering the first half of of the Clone Wars (so, say, the first year), and this cartoon series will handle the last half, leading up to Episode 3.

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    That would be my guess. And I'd say that even if the *pilot* is CG, the rest of the episodes may be traditional animation, so as to cut down on costs. Finally, if they don't sell it to Cartoon Network, they may take it elsewhere.

TC

7. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    I don't give a crap about the quality. It could be South Park style, and as long as it was canon and contributed to the Star Wars universe thats fine with me.

Quality is low down on my list.
    Y'all should feel lucky that there is actually another medium to add to the collection of Star Wars lore.

8. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    cross overs would be awesome!
    but it would be to coplicated, but hey they did it with SOTE and it worked great (and was succesful)
    hopefully if its popular theyll release all the episodes on dvd and if those cells theyll consider the ewoks and droids cartoon on dvd too!

or consider a starwars cartoon,

9. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
  10. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    The2ndQuest... I knew you would love this topic!

I really hope that the current EU Authors have a contribution to this series!

By the way... I have heard whispers from official sources that is potentially has the green light... let's hope that it does pan out!

11. jediwenger

jediwenger Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2001
    I have no real problems with a complete CG product, it is the way things are going after all. I believe that in the not too distant future we will see more and more CG cartoons at the expense of the more traditional style. This is easy to see as more kids are studying computing and graphics than the antiquated(!!!) method of pen and ink. Even in old Blighty we are seeing a shift in graphic design teaching methods, a friend recently finished his course in graphics etc and he commented that as he neared the end of his studies the courses were changing to include more computer design work than pen and ink. Therefore the future artists will spend more of their time studying computer graphics and we will end up having less and less professionals in the field of design whom can actually draw. (This can also be applied to other professions as well eg how many new accountants can actually perform book-keeping with a traditional paper ledger. Our new accounts assistant has no idea how to perform this fundamental task.) Anyway back to the main point. When I first heard this I was filled with glee, we will get more Star Wars, has to be a good thing. Then I started thinking that maybe, just maybe, if this is a success it lead on to other projects. Maybe, as has been posted numerous other times, we may actually see our beloved EU converted into cartoons. MAYBE an X-Wing series, a NJO series etc. OK wishful thinking on my part but you never know it could happen. Anyway sorry for these disjointed ramblings, hung over, tired (well no sleep last night) and between meetings.
    Good Luck to the gunners in tomorrows North London derby.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>and if those cells theyll consider the ewoks and droids cartoon on dvd too! <<

They already are considering them- on TOS they mentioned in an ask the jedi council question response that Droids and Ewoks and the Ewok TV movies will get DVD releases after Episode 3 comes out.

>>The2ndQuest... I knew you would love this topic! <<

:D

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Latest update from Ain't It Cool News:

"Hello believers in the force, Harry here... Well, since posting this story, some interesting things have happened. I've heard stories about Cartoon Network execs migrating north from Hollywood to LucasLand, hush hush whispers around the toony halls that this is indeed happening. The word I'm hearing is that the show will be about the 3 year gap between the last film and the next film, as the rumor has it that the next film begins with the last major battle of the Clone Wars... The show would purportedly show us the rest. Now TheForce.Net has been doing some confirming of their own, and have found that indeed AICN, Me and my source were dead on correct. HOWEVER, they found out that in addition, LucasFilm independently and on their own have created a full pilot internally!!! That pilot could only come from either ILM or LucasArts game division... I'm betting ILM. Is it possible that we'll be seeing a high grade CG animated series from the wizards of Marin County? We'll have to wait for announcements - or the next installment of leaks to TheForce.Net or myself or one of the other cybersnoops online! Exciting... Isn't this?"

14. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    They should do it, but keep the books and comics in mind when they do. I think they probably will.

Cartoon Network? Of course it's on a channel I don't get. Any news of it airing in Canada? YTV or Teletoon, perhaps?

15. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    I think a CG series -- done either by LucasArts/LFL animators or Mainframe (Beast Wars, ReBoot) -- and with some top writing talent (Paul Dini or J.M. Straczynki...hey, a guy can dream, right?) would kick some major booty.

I'm all for it if Lucas and Cartoon Network decide not to dumb it down for the kiddies. They really shouldn't, considering CN airs not-so-dumb manga like Cowboy Bebop, Gundam or (o.k. it's dumb, but oozing with violence) DBZ.

Yup, a Star Wars/Clone Wars series would be a geek's wet-dream come to life. ;)

16. xoman

xoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2002
    Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars but...

How can they dumb it down any more than the last two movies? We're not talking Shakespeare here!

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Personally, I hated the CGI on Beast Wars and ReBoot, I'm hoping for Bounty Hunter cinema scene/AOTC animatic quality myself.

18. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    The CGI for the last two seasons of Beast Wars was awesome. Especially the last season.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yet the latest report from Ain't It Cool News:

"The Latest on CLONE WARS Animated Series!!!
    Hey folks, Harry here. Today I was contacted by a source inside the Cartoon Network that said it was about time I figured out they were doing something with Lucas and STAR WARS. It seems that they are not in advance talks for the CLONE WARS, they've signed the deal. It's done. Complete... A Sure Thing.
    The format will be serialized shorts to keep with the Star Wars Serial motif. These will not be half hour adventures, but more in the line of short films. These animated shorts will play inbetween two regular half hour cartoons in a fixed slot.
    Genndy Tartakovsky (SAMURAI JACK fame) will produce - and the early development designs have evidently been pretty close to SAMURAI JACK in style, thus far, but currently they are in the middle of a whole new set of designs, so my source at the Cartoon Network isn't sure exactly how it'll come out, just the path they've been on thus far.
    I'll stay on this series like mayo on peanut butter!"

20. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    The format will be serialized shorts to keep with the Star Wars Serial motif. These will not be half hour adventures, but more in the line of short films. These animated shorts will play inbetween two regular half hour cartoons in a fixed slot.

Forget any crossovers. Forget characterisations. We're just going to get Obi and Anakin save te day repeatedly.

I as hoping for something a bit like how X-Men worked. You have your cast, and you have your main parts. Every so often, an episode would focus on one of the others. Now, thats gone.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Somehow I don't buy the serialized shorts info...although I can imagine it'd be among a list of possibile routes to take the show in that they might have considered..but still, I just don't see "Star Wars in 15 minutes" (heck, it takes that stage play *30*, right? ::D )

22. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Maybe it will be Hanna Barbara style! Obi Wan Dastardly, in stop the Genoshian! :)

23. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    If they truly plan to put them between shows, I'd guess it would be more like 5 minutes each. Hoefully they'll release the collected versions of the serial on DVD!

24. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Oaky, a few of you are mixedd up:

Manga= Japanese comics.
    Anime= Japanese cartoons.

God we can only hope that if it is drawn it will be aniem style. What have the states doen that can compair? Cowboy Bebop style battles= awesome Star Wars battles.

It's good to see somebody else has remembered ExoSquad! That series was stupendous. Hopefully one day it will get the DVD treatment it so deserves. By the way, what was Galaxy Rangers?

25. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    One thing's for sure . . . there's going to be a lot of adults (quietly) watching this SW cartoon series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.