main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AICN reports: Possible Clone Wars Cartoon on Cartoon network( get your big container of salt ready)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Matthew Trias, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Ah, ok, I see what you mean now. I can't really defend the newspaper comics in their original forms, but the Classic Star Wars comic collections are some of the best the EU has to offer, IMO. While Manning was a little weak, the comics have yet to see the equal of the Goodwin/Williamson team.

TC

2. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    How the heck are we supposed to know when they are on then if hey are squished between two other shows?

Unless it's the same two shows every week I guess.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It'll probably be like this:

7:00: Justice League
    7:30: Star Wars
    7:45: Samurai Jack
    8:15: 15 minutes of some other cartoon like Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, etc.

or

7:00: Justice League
    7:30: Star Wars
    7:45: 15 minutes of some other cartoon like Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, etc.
    8:00: Samurai Jack

Something along those lines,

4. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    When are they supposed to start airing? Anybody know yet?

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    2004!?! Why are we even bothering to speculate then - we have a long ways to go!

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Time has never stopped us from advanced speculation, now has it? [face_batting]

The rumors have said this project would air the year leading up to Episode 3- so that implies 2004.

With the majorty of the 2003 EU slate starting to be more or less locked, we're already getting word on books for 2004 (like that Shaak Ti book and, I believe, one of or both of Zahn's novels), so speculation on the show doesn't seem all that unheard of.

Besides, it's only two years away...I hear there's even a board on the JC dedicated to speculation on something three years away ;;D

8. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Ha Ha! Very funny!

I really, really, really hope that each episode is longer than 15 mintues. I haven't really heard of that Samurai Jack cartoon before until about a week ago... someone showed me the cartoon style, as it was reported that this was what the Clone War cartoon would look like, and personally... I HATE that style. It looks to amatuer... too much like the South Park style.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not going to nessasarily going to be stylized like Samurai Jack is, what with the no edge design and all- but it might give you an idea of how some of the action sequences (although shy the split screen effects of course) and other elements might be handled by that particular artist.

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Id love to see the Aqua Teens in a crossover with Anakin and the other Jedi. Any scene between Mace and Frylock alone would be worth it ! ;)

11. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    If they're going to spend a year on animating some 15 minute shorts, they better be darned good!

Speaking of crossovers, how about Jacen & Jaina versus Zan & Jaina :D

Wonder Twin powers activate!

12. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Hey hey now! Don't you be dissing Jack yo! Looking at the STILL pictures of Samurai Jack and making a judgement call on it is the worst injustice there is. To compare it to South Park is outrageous. When you see him in MOTION its the greatest thing in the world. It's how I get my weekly action fix. :D

At least see the final part of the Jack Movie before you make up your mind. That or "Jack and the Scotsman" or "Jack and the Ultra Robots". Then say a Clone War cartoon in that style will suck! :D

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
  14. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Jack has similarities to anime styles and is well animated. It's nothing like south park's cookie cutter, paper and scissors animation.

15. ladka

ladka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    I'd like to see the animation style be like the Clerks style.

I'd also love to see this cartoon happen. I personally like getting new EU info these days since its normally better then what its replacing. I'd rather have a set "record" of what happens in the clone wars since the bits and pieces we have right now really aren't that good and don't always make sense anymore. I really hope they gets off the ground.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'd like to see the animation style be like the Clerks style.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Jediiiiiiii!
    <makes lightsaber swooshing sound>

17. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Actually 2004 is only one year and the rest of December away, so speculating now isn't that out of line. Who knows maybe it'll start earlier than that anyway.

18. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Knowing Star Wars, I expect that the animation will be part traditional cartoon style, with a new twist. Looking back at other SW anamation projects, I wouldn't be surprised if it looked a little odd too.

TC

19. jc_jedi

jc_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    I'd like to see the animation look like the new Disney movie, Treasure Planet.

20. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    I thought I heard that the plan to have Clone Wars cartoons wasn't going to happen. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.