main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Aidswalk! May 16, 2004! The NER invites you! :)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MerlynNY, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlynNY

MerlynNY Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    Members of the 501st, Fanforce and Rebel Legion,

My name is Dion Rupa, and I am the XO of the Northeast Remnant. The local New York/New Jersey chapters of the 501st Legion. Last year I was the team leader for the Aidswalk. I am proud to say my small group of stormtroopers, a Darth Vader, and some others were able to raise over $5,000 for a very worthy cause. I was very proud that my friends were able to help raise money for a charity that desperately needs our help. AIDS is a very deadly disease and the sooner we find a cure, the sooner everyone can breathe a collective sigh of relief.

This year the great folks at Aidswalk have asked me to once again head up a team. I very much accepted the position and had an idea to top last year's event. Last year we introduced Star Wars characters to the Aidswalk and it went over very well. The walkers loved our participation. We were able to donate money to a good cause, walk the walk, and entertain the other walkers as well. Nothing is more rewarding than that! This year I want to extend a personal invite to ALL the surrounding Star Wars clubs to join us this year to bring even more Star Wars fandom to the walk, even more money to a great cause, and even more entertainment to the people there! I'd like to see Stormtroopers, Vaders, Jedis, Rebel Pilots, Rebel troopers, Greedos, Kit Fistos, Bounty Hunters and whatever other costumed character is available! It doesn't matter if you are 501st, Fanforce or Rebel Legion, so long as you're willing to help. If you want to raise money, that's great! If you just want to walk, that's great! If you want to do both, even better! Participation of any kind is welcomed!

The Aidswalk itself is on May 16th. The location is Central Park. Since the walk is still months away, there is not much information yet. I will try to answer any and all questions you may have.

To join my team please go to the following link:
    https://www.kintera.org/faf/teams/registerTeam.asp?ievent=41823&lis=1&kntae41823=D6F91EA183FE48C384CF3FB0641C0D8 B
    Then click on JOIN A TEAM. After you do, you can select NORTHEAST REMNANT from the dropdown list and fill in the appropriate information to join up. You will then be free to explore the team page (which I will be updating shortly), add your contributions to the team, and find out more information about the walk.

I would love nothing more than to have members from all the Star Wars groups out there lend a hand in this. Lets show the great folks at Aidswalk what Star Wars Fandom can accomplish in FORCE!

-Dion
    TK/TD 1217
    Northeast Remnant XO

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Good Idea. Posted in the wrong forum though. [face_blush] This is what happens when one waits 2 hours in the freezing ice and snow to meet Mark Hamill. [face_blush]

3. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
  4. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Personally I don't mind that he posted it in our forum. Thanks for hijacking this thread that was posted for a good cause.

5. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    If you want to see what I originally posted, see my post in the NYC forum. I deleted my post that adressed the NYC fans and posted the above. Excuse me for "hijacking" the thread. It was not intended on my part. It was embarresing enough that I made my post here to begin with.

6. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Oh marching in costume sounds like loads of fun.

7. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    May 16th! Well, that should give good weather for marching in costumes!

Unfortunetly, my finals run from the 8th to the 17th, and E3 (in Cali) runs the 12th-14th, and my cousin's confirmation (in Oklahoma) is somewhere in there too. Which pretty much means unless an act of Godly scheduling occurs, I'll have to miss out :(

¤Night

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Dion, as long as I don't have to work that day (I might have to....grrrr), I'd love to help. I'll need a springy/summery costume to march in :)

9. MerlynNY

MerlynNY Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    Everyone :)

I know May 16th is a loooooooooooooong time away and some people can't predict their schedules that far in advance, and some people are asking me if they can march out of costume.

If you want to join the aidswalk and aren't able to committ this early, sign up anyways! :) Worst comes to worst I take you off the list later and send a squad of stormtroopers to your house that night.. lol. Seriously, it's no problem if you need to be taken off later.

As far as non-costumed folks go.. The more the merrier I say! Just because you're outside of costume, or don't own a costume, doesn't mean you can't show up and represent Star Wars Fandom that day! Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated. So sign up and lets walk to a great cause! :)

-Dion
    TK/TD 1217
    NER XO

10. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'd love to go in costume...that would be fun.

But I'm down for going in Yoga pants :) I'll sign up, Dion :) I'll let you know if I can make it the week before :)

11. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    All signed up see you on the 16th in costume!!

12. starwarsfreakfreak

starwarsfreakfreak Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    good luck to all i will not be able to come but have fun!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.