main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AIM chat

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Recap of last nights "chat"!

Meeting: Rhode Squadron will have its January meeting at East Providence Lanes for an afteronn of bowling. Meeting will begin at 3PM on January 23rd. We will be meeting at the bowling alley.

Dues: We will begin to accept volentary contributions this month from members. Give what you can. You will not be looked down upon if you cannot give.

Website: we will begin to rebuild our website this month. Theme will be Rhode Island- Rogue Squadron based. Please submit ideas. Sara has volenteered to take on this project.

Happy Birthday: Begining Feburary, Rhode Sqadron will begin sending birthday cheer to various Fan Forces via Birthday Cards. If successful, more Fan Forces will be added. Just one way to celebrate Fan Force and its members!

T-shirt exchange: Rhode Squadron may began a T-shirts exchange with other Fan Forces. Members brought up issue of money. All avenues will be checked to find least expensive way exchanging. If too expensive, program may be put on hold.

Boston Rebels meet will be on Jan 30th. Details to come.

New people: Had a couple of new people attend last nights chat. Thanks for stopping by and we hope to hear more from you.

I think that was everything. If I have forgotten anything, please feel free to add it in. Thanks :)

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Is our next chat going to be this coming Tuesday, the 18th, at 8pm? :)

3. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Yesh, today is chat day. Hopefully it will be a little more kind to us this time.

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Was there a chat? Sorry if there was, I got very involved with my Spanish work, lost track of time, and never signed on AIM. But...someone could have called me! :p

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Roseanna, don't worry, you weren't the only one who lost track of time. Time seems to slip away quickly at school. :)

6. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Don't worry ladies, there was no one on for a chat. Perhaps next time.

7. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Alas, after two days of no internet, I think I am back. My computer got a very bad virus and after trying all methods of removal, I ended up having to wipe and rebuild.

8. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear that you got a virus. They stink. :(

9. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Because one of the two virus I got to knock out my system came from AIM, I am considering changing the way we conduct our chats. As such, please let me know if you have a microphone for your PC as we may try something new for our Feburary meeting. Thanks. More details to come once microphone availabllity is determined.

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    No mic, sorry.

11. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    for those that don't, you can get a mic for close to 5 bucks.

it won't be absolutely needed to have a mic, but it would be nice.

12. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I don't have a mic, and I know this sounds strange but I have a phobia of talking into microphones, LoL.

13. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I will try and get one in the next few days.

14. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I swear I am going to snap!!!!

Hear you all on the chat.

15. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    We had a chat last night the next one is coming up soon I hope more people can make the next one.

Please try and make it , and please post here so we know if you will be able to participate or not.

A reminder post will go out for the next one.
    And a few PM reminders possibly.

Don't forget we have a meet on this Sunday February 13th.

Hope to see everyone soon.

Thanks.

16. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Just a heads up, next chat coming up in a few days. Tuesday at 8 =)

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I will be there!!! That's tomorrow, Tuesday everyone.

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thank you for sending out reminders Jeff! If I'm not around, could someone please give me a call? I could very well still be groggy from my painkillers tomorrow and not very aware of the time. :p

19. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I have to go to a lecture for my philosophy class until 8:30 *grumble, grumble* but I should be around after that.

20. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Sorry I missd the chat I had computer issues!!!! :(

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry for leaving kind of abruptly last night. I was barely conscious and having my pupils chemically dilated was giving me a headache.

22. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    The chats are going under construction, so they be held off till further notice.

23. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    To clarify what Jeff has said, we are having some issues getting people to chats, and well we all know i cant seem to stay in the chat for more than five minutes. Interest in chats seems low and I will not push them on people, so, until we can work out my connection issue and there is a solid interest in the chats again, the chats will be discontinued. I feel the chats are a great way to get out info and get input from people, but, there doesn't seem to be much interest in it. Anyone, of course, is still welcome to organize a chat at anytime to discuss whatever you like. Once we can get some commitment, we will attempt a scheduled chat again. Any questions, comments, or concerns for me should be PM'd to me. Thanks.

24. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I thought the chat had a pretty good turnout last night. We really don't have a large group. Most of our active members were there, and those who weren't had good reason. Lisa is in Florida, and Chris had computer issues. If I missed an active member, I apologize, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

I really like the chats and I'd like to see them continue. I don't know why AIM hates you Ed. I've never once been kicked out of a chat. :) I have no problem using a different chat program to make things more accomodating for you, because it's obviously important to have our leader present. :)

25. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I for one would like to see the chats resume.

C'mon people let's do what we can to get more members involved in chapter functions.

We can do this. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.