main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Aimo's fan art - OT and KOTOR stuff (Jun 16)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aimo, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    I love your work! Your pieces of art are awesome and the style is wonderful. I just got off your site and am amazed. Please draw more KOTOR!

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  3. aimo

aimo Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    Thank you for your kind words :)

Darth-Vassago: Yes, the main women characters in my artworks are interpretations of the avatars I chose in my games...so they're not 100% accurately rendered since I took some artistic liberties with them :)

Obi-Dawn Kenobi: I have a weakness for drawing characters :) I *try* not to neglect other elements of the SW universe, but it's hard to resist the urge to draw a favourite jedi or two.

Cheveyo and HanSolo29: Glad that you like my work despite it being heavily rendered in anime-style ;) I don't see much anime-style SW art around, so that's why I do my fan arts this way. Still, I love to see SW art rendered in diverse styles <--- Currently in love with Brandon Badeaux's pencils in recent Dark Horse's SW comics :)

ThrawnRocks: I can't post back to your private message yet because I still haven't fulfilled the minimum post quota ;_; Do you have an e-mail I could reply to?

CountessYnaAda: I'll definitely keep drawing more KOTOR stuff...I love the games too much for my own good! (considering that I played KOTOR II on a 25-hour stretch...)

I've recently managed to get my hands on Dark Horse's Knights of Old Republic books...now I'm itching to draw EU stuff of Ulic & Cay El-Droma, Exar Kun, and Nomi Sunrider. Uh-oh @_@

One more thing, I've noticed that my SW KOTOR art is scattered around different sections of my website, and I feel it does make it difficult for people to search around for them. To remedy that, I've made a mini website that houses all KOTOR-related art I've done for easy viewing. If anyone's interested, please head on over to the site shown below:

GALACTIC THEATRE - SW: KOTOR Fan Arts by Aimo

Thanks!

4. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Yeah! There are some new pictures amongst the old! And The many faces of Atton Rand, sleepy, right. Fell over laughing when I saw that. ;)

5. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    I really like your KOTOR pieces! My favorite is the last one; the white-haired girl is awesome. :)

I also like Bastila. It's very pretty. :D

6. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    OMG! AIMO! I´m so huge fan of your Fanart! I found your work first time at kotorfanfic.com and was just that WOW! And now I´m really glad that you have a thread here on TFN.

Marmida

7. JediRevan

JediRevan Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2005
    Your art is really incredible. The comics are my favorite. ^.^

8. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    mah GOD! i loved every peice of work you submited! i tells you i love it all LOVE IT ALL!! especially carth... --- you do a bloody good carth. eh eh!?
    You are totally god @ digital screen tones.. i bought a HTDA - Screen tones book.. but lol the screen tones CD didnt work! so i ended up returning it!
    hehe not that it matters!

Love your work! and your website ;)

9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    [face_blush] I'm embarrassed to see my only comment on your work so far has been to say "very cool!". I'm looking through your character sketches now, and they are brilliant, definitely among my favourite in the forum. I really can't praise your figure-drawing enough, it's both stylish and accurate, and your colouring is just perfect. I love the comics, too!

10. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey Aimo! I didn't know you were on here! If so, I would have posted sooner :) Always admired your KOTOR art!

11. long_long_ago

long_long_ago Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    I LIKE your style! I cant believe that I missed your works! Your manga looks fantastic too! Maybe you can give me a link to your website on my homepage---when I finished it!:D

12. aimo

aimo Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    Uwah, I've neglected this thread :_| Anyway, thanks for all your kind words. I hope that you still would like to see my newer art plugs. KOTOR-related they are...

Cover image for a KOTOR 2 fan-comic anthology I compiled that featured works by friends and myself. It was only after it was done that I noticed Darth Nihilus' eyes were placed a bit far apart :_| The piece was painted in Photoshop.
    [image=http://aimostudio.com/gallery/images/086.jpg]

Speaking of comics, I converted the first comic anthology pages into PDF format a while ago, so if you're interested to read it, download from the link below. It's 5+ Megs in size and requires Adobe Acrobat to view.
    KNIGHTS - KOTOR Fan Comic Anthology PDF

Thanks for viewing :)

13. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Absolutely fabulous Aimo! You're definitely an inspiration :)

14. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Cool! Far away? [face_thinking] No. Like it this way!

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    That looks great, aimo!

I also love the comics :D

16. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Gosh you rock [face_peace]

I hope to see more KOTOR pics... And your Disciple is far better the the *real* one ;)

17. aimo

aimo Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    Darth_Snuggle, Chilla, ThrawnRocks: Thank you :)

Raja_Io: Thanks! But the real Disciple has the voice edge! *swoons at Greg Ellis' performance :)*

Anyways, an update since I did a few mini sketches.

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
    [image=http://aimostudio.com/gallery/images/card001.jpg][image=http://aimostudio.com/gallery/images/card002.jpg]
    (L)Bastila (R) Male Chinese Revan (looks nothing like his avatar, though)

[image=http://aimostudio.com/gallery/images/card003.jpg][image=http://aimostudio.com/gallery/images/card005.jpg]
    (L)Nobody messes with Mission Vao! (R) Male Exile in Zeison Sha armor

A New Hope
    [image=http://aimostudio.com/gallery/images/card004.jpg]
    Princess Leia Organa

18. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, beautiful! :eek: =D=
    Great job. Would love to see more.

19. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Fantastic job on your drawings. You should do the TFN comic strip! You would be great at it.

AG88

20. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I like your work... I really enjoyed the KOTOR games and these are really good renditions of the characters!

And yes... everyone knows Revan was female... hehehe

21. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Aimo! It's great to see some new pieces from you! The KOTOR portraits are great--Mission Vao is especially good, with the perspective and the action (the imminent "boot in the face" is an awesome pose!). And I'm in love with the Princess Leia--she looks so pretty! All excellent--this is such a great style, and you do it so well! And I agree with academygrad88 that you should look into participating in the Webcomic for TF.N--I think you'd be just great!

FF

22. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    I'm so with you on this Falcon, she is the next official star!

23. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I've found my way to your website a few times before, but I'm glad to see that you have so many new artwork. I don't like anime very much, but I enjoy your stuff. Although since I usually use the mullet-man Revan and the Kyle Katarn Exile, it took me a bit to adapt to female versions.

I especially like the second "Irresistible" comic, with Bao-Dur's emotionless "so cute." That cracked me up. Although I was afraid from the titles that they were referring to Kriea...

After looking through your site, I'm going to have to say that my favorite pic is Revan and Malak welcoming the Exile into their army. That's exactly how I would have imagined a female Revan to look.

24. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    The mini-sketches look incredible! Leia in particular looks especially gorgeous :D

25. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    great artwork thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.