main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aing-Ti monks, will they save the galaxy in NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Everybody is talking about the UR, Sii-ruuk,Wild space and the Chiss saving the galaxy, but what about the Aing-Ti (spelling?) Monks. From what I have Read of them in VotF thier ships sound similar to Yuuzhan Vong ships, they can go from one side of the galaxy to another in seconds (Like Yuuzhan Vong ships aka Hero's Trial)
    Is it possible they ARE Yuuzhan Vong? and could it be possible a large no. of Jedi hid with the Aing-Ti monks? (You can only hope)
    They hate slavery and are probably allies to the Jedi.
    So why don`t they kick Yuuzhan Vong @$$.
    Personally I think it would be kewl

2. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I can only hope that something happens to turn the tide. Maybe the monks will be able to aid the battle.

The Star Wars Galaxy can not be lost, because that would be the end of a profitable franchise, so something big has to happen, that turns the tide of war.

3. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    LFL will NEVER destroy the galaxy
    but it would be intresting what the Yuuzhan Vong would do if they found out about the monks and the Jensuurai for that matter.

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I agree but the monks look nothing like the vong. Remewmber, they hate slavers, and the vong do lots of that.

5. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    That is what i am getting at and i hope they do enter the war. They would be worthy enemies and hopefully the only ones that can kill them.
    remember what Jorj Cardas said, the Jedi see the force in black and white the Monks see it in the full spectrum. So maybe they will be able to sense the Vong

6. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Great point, and somehow Im reminded that the Aing Ti ships have a instant sort of hyperdrive?

7. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    Chissdude you said they did not look like Vong but they could by from the same galaxy
    They live at thr EDGE of the galaxy and besides their technology could be more powerful than Vong tech
    If you had not noticed I want the Monks in the NJO BADLY!

8. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    My brother if there are camels they shall go.........

And the aing ti look like slugs.

9. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    I remember that the official site about a year ago they had a feature called Terror beyond the rim and the Aing-Ti were one species.
    won't be posting for another 24 hours
    gotta go!
    please keep posting this is my first time on the forums and i want it to be a succes
    (yes it is a plea)

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Well since im such a nice guy.......

11. InnocentIII

InnocentIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    An interesting idea... but, IMNTBHO, not very likely. While the monks might be able to sense the YV (that's actually an interesting and likely concept), they probably aren't a powerful military force. I mean, come on. Just because they beat up on some half-bit slaver doesn't mean they can whip up on an alien force from outside the galaxy that's giving the NR a beat down.

12. Truor_Tupnm

Truor_Tupnm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    I really need to read the book with them in it but isn't there some guy who Karrde talks to who can use the Force like they can or maybe it was just what Yoda did to help him. I forget. Maybe if they told that guy some stuff they could teach a bunch of Jedi and they could have a stronger army that could kill the Vong.

13. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    The Terror From The Rim section regarding the Aing-Ti:
    In 1995, West End Games started The DarkStryder Campaign, a series of game books chronicling the adventures of the FarStar, a New Republic corvette and its intrepid crew. Set in a distant outlying area of space called the Kathol Rift, it revealed a number of bizarre, rarely-seen aliens.

Although still part of the galaxy-proper, the Kathol Rift had its share of the unknown. This was perhaps best exemplified by the Aing-Tii monks. Strange chitin-skinned aliens, the Aing-Tii haunted the outskirts of the Rift in their strange streamlined starships. Xenophobic and mystical, the Aing-Tii have the strange ability to navigate even the most difficult areas of the dense Kathol Rift. While dangerous, the Aing-Tii are not so much diabolical as they are enigmatic.

At the heart of the Rift was a grotesque techno-organic entity known as DarkStryder. This remnant of a long lost civilization oversaw different "constructs" or species that served him. Among them were the Char Ontee, the originators of the arachnid species that had become trapped in a pocket dimension, driven to madness, and had become the Charon.

The Aing-Ti mythos revolves around the following:
    Otherspace (Charon connection)
    Otherspace II: Invasion (Charon connection)
    Darkstryder Campaign Set
    Darkstryder: Kathol Outback
    Darkstryder: Kathol Rift
    Darkstryder: Endgame

They were briefly seen later in Vision of the Future.

They first appeared in the Darkstryder seriess which later retro-actively was tied to the Otherspace series.

14. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Genghis12, you might want to add an advance preview/short story for the DarkStryder Campaign featured in the Star Wars Adventure Journals to your "mythos."

It's primarily a Pre-DarkStryder Campaign story about the Twi'lek weapons supplier (and his 3 Turazza (sp?) friends that would later join Captain Kaiya Ademetrum (sp) during the DarkStryder Campaign.

15. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Good point.

16. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    InnocentIII a whole planetary defense force could not defend Exocron yet only a task force of Aing-Ti monks was able to wipe them out in minutes and that was only a task force.
    We do not know the extent of thier army and Truor_Tupnm might be on to something about the monks training the Jedi.
    But like I said before maybe there are some Old Jedi order knights hiding with the Monks.

17. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    Not many people curious about the Monks role in the NJO and there is a good chance they will have a role.

18. Sith_Hologram

Sith_Hologram Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2001
    Actually I've been pretty curious about the Aing Ti since reading the Hand of thrawn duology. I agree that there is a possibility they could play a role. Though I would like to see this, I do not believe it will happen. The NR and Jedi must be the ones to eventually triumph over the Vong. Otherwise all the heros would be seen as a bunch of losers who had to be bailed out.

19. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    It is starting to look like they will be needed to be bailed out.
    If not by the Monks then by the Empire or the Chiss.

20. Sith_Hologram

Sith_Hologram Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2001
    True, I think they need and will recieve help. However I don't think that they will lose and require the Aing Ti to just come in and beat the Vong for them. The writers just wouldn't do it.

21. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    I agree but they might bring a few in at once, Empire, Chiss etc.

22. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I dont see it happening, but, we have seen stranger things in the EU.

23. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Well, the VoTF peps will play the biggest role mesa thikith

24. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Chissdude...
    "Well, the VoTF peps will play the biggest role mesa thikith"

So, you really think the Qom Jha will play the "biggest" role? :p :D

25. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    They might help, but they can't just do everything- the Republic and Jedi should have to fight for their own survival. Otherwise, it isn't as fun. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.