main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aing-Tii Monks

Discussion in 'Literature' started by xie, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    In the HoT Duology, these monks are shown as kinda all-powerful beings. They are force sensitive, IIRC they can just travel instantly, they're organic living beings, and they HATE slavers.

Sounds to me like the perfect anti-vong weapon. We already know they can create a repor with humans, as Jorj Car'das learns from them, and obviously communicates with them. What happened to these beings?

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Aren't they out of the way in the invasion? They might come in, but later on.

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Then there would be no story left for our heros. Think about that if the Monks just wiped out all of the Vong it wouldn't be fun. I do hope that they make an appearence though. ;)

4. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Well I'm not saying they should crush the Vong in one swift stroke (We know that never works on anyone anyway =X), but people know about them, and it wouldn't be a bad idea just to learn the movement technique. Imagine dropping the ENTIRE NR Fleet 100 meters from a worldship, talk about surprise!

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    True can't argue with that.

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I doubt they will come back, because You Zahn was wrong ;)

Timothy, dispite his brillient work as an author has said that HoT was a "Last stand" of his ideals of star wars, seeing he wont do NJO, I doubt the Aing-Ti will be used.

7. Silky

Silky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    this is a complete disappointment as they were one of my favourite groups of character's with the whole translocation thing and that

8. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >Timothy, dispite his brillient work as an >author has said that HoT was a "Last stand" >of his ideals of star wars, seeing he wont >do NJO, I doubt the Aing-Ti will be used.

They don't have to have his permission to use the Monks anymore then they did to use Mara Jade or Talon Karrde.

TC

9. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    You're right TalonCard, but the Aing-Tii were not a Zahn idea anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.