Atlantic Air conditioning is the root of all evil...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBabe, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    ...and it should be outlawed!!!

Ok, we already have to spend most of the year in the cold. Why should have to spend the summer cold!!!??

Today, at work we were all freezing!I wore a jacket to work today...in July! At 6 am it's not very warm outside. So no matter where we went, we were cold. I'm wearing a sweater tomorrow!

My mother is the assistant manager at the Jean Coutu in Riverview, and she freezes to death most of the day. She tells me that on her lunch hour she goes out to the car and sits there for 15 minutes to warm up.

And going to mall is worse than walking outside on the first day of December. It's too cold! It's ridiculous! I don't understand!

The only time I welcome air conditioning is at the gym, and it's not really cold in there. Not like at the mall, or any store or at work. I just don't understand, why everyone feels the need to freeze their butts off. :p
  2. Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Knight

star 3

i understand, i think that air condition is great, we just use it too much, we complain about cold in the winter so we heat our house way too much, then summer comes and we get too much air conditioning, its ridiculous, i have to wear pants to work in the mall cause its so cold ,
  3. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    Air conditionning is great. You don't know how lucky you have it. In Europe, air conditioning practaically doesn't exist. The only places I've seen that have air condition in the Neatherlands are the Futut Shop like store, Mcdonald's and a sex-shop. I want AC. You atlantic canadians don't really get hot weather. Don't complain.
  4. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Without AC, I honestly don't know how I would survive... I have a high enough body temperature most of the time as it is, nevermind adding the heat of summer. I need my AC!!!
  5. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    I'll complain all I want! I wish I lived in Europe! I hate the cold! I'd rather sweat to death than freeze to death!
  6. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    Not all europeans understand how to use deoderant. Nuff said.
  7. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    LOL @ Kit. OI! That could be offensive to me :p

Actually Kit is right, your lucky to have A/C in most places, we are getting it more but a lot of places don't and it gets sweltering. I don't know anyone who has it in their house.
  8. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Look, when it's as cold as winter in the mall or at work, it's not comfortable. There is a level of air conditioning that can be comfortable. But most of the time it isn't. It's either on full blast or not at all. Whatever happened to "medium setting"?

If it were that cold outside, people wouldn't be wondering around in shorts and tshirts. It's stupid!
  9. Bowie_the_Hobbit Jedi Knight

star 2
    A/C is important. Especially when you live in the most hot and humid area of North America :p
  10. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    THe air conditioner is freezing at work. But you don't notce it behind the counter because of the fry vats.
  11. Izird Jedi Master

star 4
    I like A/C, because if I exert anything more than a walk, I sweat. A/C helps prevent that.

BTW, I'm not in terrible shape. Even in high school as an avid martial artist, I still sweat buckets when I did anything.
  12. DarthSmurf Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Air conditioning is great, except at the movie theatre, it's always freezing there!
  13. Ton_G Force Ghost

star 4
    No air conditioning? I just came back from Ontario, they do ned A/C, I know I lived there for a long time...people just ave to get over the unfortunately human trait of omplianing about the present, and comparing it to a past en rose
  14. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
  15. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah, I wore a sweater to Tomb Raider 2 tonight.
  16. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Movie theatres=teh freezing.
  17. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Nothing is colder than the mall. I still stand by that.
  18. Hatter Jedi Master

star 4
    Bah, you just need to get some extra fat on your bones. Nothing keeps out the cold like a love handle or two. :p
  19. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Tara no like fat. Fat is bad.
  20. DarthSmurf Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fat is bad, but it keeps you warm during winter. :p Movie theatres are always cold, it's an unwritten law.
  21. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    No, sweaters and pants and scarves and coats keep you warm in the winter...and soft flannel sheets :D

^ there is no need of that in the summer! That's the point of this thread.
  22. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    Our cinemas are fine. My extra few pounds make me to hot, need to lose it but I'm lazy
  23. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    The worst air conditioning is on airplanes.
  24. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    I can only imagine. The last time I was on an airplane was during the winter and that was 7 years ago. :p
  25. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    I wore shorts and t-shirts all through my vacation, but I had to wear jeans and my hoodie on the flight. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.