main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Air Travel tips, and some handy dandy Do's and Don't Even Think About Its.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 10, 2011.

1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Booked my Southwest flights this morning.

Under $400 total for two from NY.

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I went with Delta after all the waiting on South West. Cheaper and a faster flight. I will be in Orlando at 10:30 in the morning so cant beat that.

3. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I'm still torn here. I may be able to get at least one leg with points from Southwest, but I hate how early you have to leave on Sunday with them (and I can't stay Sunday night).

4. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    I will be booking next month it will be Delta,they seem to offer the best deal for multicity from the UK and i have travelled with them before,changing the subject what is the best way to pack my lightsabre hilt and blade ? I need some advice from someone with expierience of these things!!

5. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    IMO, Best way to pack it is FedEx it to yourself at the hotel.

6. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I have to agree, especially since you are coming from overseas. They are even pickier with luggage if you are entering the states

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    For CV we called DIA (Denver's airport) and asked about our luggage check in process, we asked for "Pet Services" to pre check our bags and we were there watching them test everything for bombs, etc. They could ask us questions directly and we could explain, those are 'leg flares' made out of solid aluminum, that's a 'fart can' made of ABS plastic, etc. It was very helpful for all of us and that way we knew nothing would end up broken. We can fix anything once we get home but a busted bucket at the Con would do us NO good.

They even duct taped the cases closed and put their tag on it so it wouldn?t get a second look over, they were very nice but we had to get there an extra hour early just in case.

Walmart sales these footlocker cases for back to school that are ½ inch under the regulation size, anything bigger and you would have an oversized fee. It just worked perfectly, we painted them, put stickers on them and they were very easy to spot on the carousel to grab your stuff & go.

8. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    Thanks i think that will be my option i will probably get my post guys at work to deal with it for me-thanks for the help.

9. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I would make sure your hotel will accept packages for guests first though. I know that some do not.