main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Airline Interview Scheduled!!! FINALLY!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by csarrico, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csarrico

csarrico Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2007
    As many of you know, I have been applying with the Airlines since my 18th birthday, and that I have wanted to work for them as a Pilot since I was 7. Today, I got an e-mail from SkyWest Airlines, to invite me to their open house interview in Sacramento as a Flight Attendant. Many of you know that this is some of the biggest news that I would ever be able to tell, and I though that I would share it with you all. It is scheduled for Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 5:00PM in Sacramento at the Hawthorne Suites, I believe. I will be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Chris
    Rogue 16

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    From what I hear, many airline pilots are forming Air Force pilots... might be something to consider. Operative word is MIGHT.

-TJ

3. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    I considered it and decided no. Lost to many family members from the Air Force, but actually this day and age, most airline pilots are no longer turning to the Military, they are turning to these fast track universitys, and colleges to obtain their pilots License. I am planning on attending either a normal College that offers it, or a fast track one that helps me obtain it faster. What's cool about these schools, that the Military doesn't do is guarentee placement within an airline as First Officer. To make captin, however, it is all Seniorty. It really depends on what Michele is going to do, because there is a Fast Track one in Sacramento, and I will probability just do that. But my interview that I have waited so patiently for is for Flight Attendant, to help me get a foot in the door. In case I find another route, plus it can help pay for the school.

4. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Hi Csarrico,
    I interviewed w/ Sky West little over a year ago, so I wish you the best of luck, I will tell you, unless they've changed, you're more than likely not going to get to stay in Sacramento. more than likely you will have to move. I'm just letting you know, not trying to be a downer or anything. I wasn't expecting it either. I think at the time I applied it was Salt Lake they needed people. But I wish you the best of luck.

5. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Hey Chris! Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, but congratulations. You seem really excited about this, so I hope it works out for you. What a fun job that would be. When you interview ask if you can get your friends discounted tickets so we can all fly around with you and pester you the whole time..."Sir, I need a better magazine...Sir, could you get me a fluffier pillow....Sir, could you shut that screaming brat up in front of me...Sir, are we almost there???" Yikes, you are in for it. ;) Keep us posted.

6. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Well, I don't see a direct line of succession from flight attendant to pilot, but hey... I guess if you don't put a handgun in your mouth by the end of the first year, you'll survive long enough to bug them to let you apply for the piloting side of things... personally, I'm iffy about "fast track" schools. Many ITT Tech, Phoenix University, and Western Career College places are not "accredited" nationally, meaning a diploma from there means jack. Personally, I don't think you can "fast track" learning how to safely and efficiently pilot a plane. But that's me. Good luck!! :)

7. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    thanks, will do

8. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    what the fast track schools for Pilots do, basically you focus only on flying. FAA LAW states that you have to have so many hours to be certified and license. For First Class License it is like 500 hours of flight time. So what they do, is they dont let you in until your GE is done, and the focus on Flying and Ground School. There is no Diploma for this just a license. What airlines look at is Exp, vs. where you went to school, so the Flight Attendant is like a foot in the door. they see me as an employee already, and then hopefully interview me as a Pilot. There is no direct door from Flight Attendant to Pilot. Plus, most schools for pilots are Fast Track, otherwise it takes years and years. It also makes it affortiable, with Govt. Aid. With privite school it can take a long time, and most that do that wont make it to First Class license, because you need all the license before it too. There is like 4 or 5 i believe.

9. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Congradulations, Chris, for your interview! Good luck and may the Force be with you!

--JediDarkNight

10. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    Thank you, and may the force be with you as well, and all of you!!

11. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    Unfortuanatly, I will not be able to attend the interview because I have 2 mid-terms today, and there is no guarentee that I will get the job, so I have to make the school come first. Thank you all that gave your support, and I can only wait till next time, hoping that it will be here soon. Thank You!!

12. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    That's a bummer, but, education is really important. I just talked to the head warden for the Dept. of Fish & Game (he's a diver as well), he said they are looking for new wardens. I have to back to school 'cause I need 60 credits to start out, luckily I'm already @ 40 credits, so it wont be too much school. If I get the position, I'll be able to move to the coast[face_praying].

13. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    nice, thats awsome.

14. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    Southwest Airlines wants to interview me on Wednesday, March 12th, at 10:00AM at the Sacramento International Airport Host Hotel for Ramp Agent. This is a Sac. based job. I will be attending this one, since school won't be in the way. I already got clearence from the teachers to miss it. My duties would include: Collect Boarding Pass at the Gate, Load and Unload Lugagge from the cargo hold, direct the plane in and out of the gate, re-fuel, and other things that have to do on the Tarmac. This isn't pilot of flight attendant, but it is a foot in the door. Besides, anything with an airline would be awsome right now. So, I will be in Sac. on wednesday as well, and the interview should be at least 3 hours. if anyone wants to do anything, that isnt working, we might be able to work something out. Depends, on how tired i am, since i have to work the night before, as well as it depends on whats going on in chico, afterwards with michele. But if anyone wants to do anything that isn't in school or work let me know. We might be able to make it happen. Thanks for your continued support.

15. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm off that day after 120pm. We should do something.

-TJ

16. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    what do you ahve in mind?

17. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    You know, the usual: eat a bowl of sugar, field dress a cat, look for women.

-TJ

18. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    And when #3 doesn't work, TJ, look to ideas #1 and #2 to figure out why. You big dork. ;)

19. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I dunno, I've seen some pretty big dorks with some pretty hot ladies running round these parts...

20. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    haha, well lets see how tired i am, I am hoping to get someone to cover me the night before, but it doesnt look like that is going to happen, but i'll let you know probability that day, but I will try to let you know sooner if i can.

21. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Sure, whatev.

22. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    And you've heard from them it's sugar and cats that got them the woman? How about a beer and a fluffy dog? THAT might get some attention. (Of course, you can dose yourself up on the sugar first -- just leave the cat out of it, and don't forget the beer).

23. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    You're no fun.

24. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I'm LOADS of fun.

25. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    Today is the BIG day!! I will be comming down for the interview, wish me luck (I think I am gonna need it.) Thanks to all that have been supporting me through this. I will keep you all informed. By the way JD, you are LOADS of fun. haha...and TJ, I'll let you know on your Voice Mail probability if we can do something or not, since when I call you will probability be at work, and since Michele hasn't said anything about if she's helping me or not tonight. Take Care all. I keep you posted as I know the information. Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.