main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI AJ Family Fun Center ---8/02/08

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by stiger1, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stiger1

stiger1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2007
    Copied and pasted from the GLG forums.
    AJ Family Fun Center on Saturday, August 2nd

Time: Event starts at 1 PM until Dusk / Event setup at 10 AM Please contact Amanda on HELP.

US 131 / Exit 91 ( Next to 5/3rd Ball Park )
    Comstock Park, MI
    616-785-0077

Direction: http://www.ajsfamilyfun.com/Directions.html

Proceeds Donated To: Make-A-Wish

This year ( 2008 ) is the first annual event and could possibly be a recurring event at both AJ's locations if we get 30+ characters and 10-15 NCS at this years event.
    AJ's has invested a lot of time and money for t-shirts, patches, banners, gift packs, food, accommodations, radio, web advertising and newspaper advertising. They are pulling up all the stops to make this year a massive blowout.

I've committed to AJ's manager Sam Rice that I could guarantee 30+ characters. I am asking every member of my GLG and MWB to help me make this event one that AJ's will not soon forget. I am counting on the numbers to increase as we get closer to the event date.

The Event:
    AJ's is an indoor/outdoor family fun center which features certain attractions such as- Go-Karts, Bumper Boats, Mini-Golf, Batting Cages, Arcade Games and much more. Troopers and NCS staff will be actively participating in every facet at the fun center activities by helping AJ's staff pass out tickets, food, operate rides, hand outs, gifts and plushies and to be everywhere and anywhere.

Changing/Parking:
    Changing areas will be very roomy.
    Parking will be reserved for troopers and family members.

Admission to ride and attractions will be FREE of charge for troopers and NCS ONLY.

The Proceeds from this event will be donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation which will be primarily generated by our photo booth. All family members are welcome to come out and enjoy the days event with us.

If you know Disney and how characters interact with the crowds, then you'll have a good understanding of what we will be doing on this days event.

Thanks, Pesci

Attending:

Amanda R- Co-Coordinator

501st: ( 30+ )
    David R - Event Coordinator / Biker Scout
    Richard B - Clonetrooper
    Kelli H - Biker Scout
    Michael K - Clonetrooper
    Brent A - Sandtrooper
    Lou R- Tusken Raider
    Carl N - Royal Guard
    Jennifer B - (Boushh?) or Darth Revan
    Phil F - Sandtrooper
    Michael A - Darth Vader- ROTS
    Shannon - Both Rebel and Imperial

RL:

Hank M - Jedi
    Rachel Orange - Beru Lars ?
    Jason Orange - Owen Lars ?

NCS: ( 10-15 )
    Nathan A
    Sudie
    Lisa B

2. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I have to work until 5:00, but I can be there soon after.

3. MSWCC

MSWCC Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2008
    I'm not from the westside of the state and I won't be there, but I hope y'all have fun.

I do run the Michigan Star Wars Collectors Club website, myspace page, and blog. I have shared the info and posted in all locations to help y'all out.

4. katz

katz Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2008
    I have been away from this site due to vacations/other commitments(college). I did not know about this weekend. I have to work an over night Fri-sat until 4pm then have a board meeting with my other club that is for Mopar Car owners.
    When are the board meetings with this club? I am a new member and I live in Kalamazoo. I am a serious Anakin/Vader fan, but do not own a costume. I don't know if there is a such a thing as a female dressing up as Vader...is there?? Or maybe Vader's girlfriend? Ok, just kidding.

Thanks
    katz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.