main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ajunta Pal, Tulak Hord...etc

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Wulf_Mayn, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulf_Mayn

Wulf_Mayn Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2004
    I haven't been able to find much, concrete information on the original Sith and it's ancient civilization. The most literature or info seemst o be on Exar Kun and all the sith lords after that, with the except of Darth Sidious.

Anyone help me out here and give me a brief run down on it.

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    There are twp "required" sources covering the "original Sith" circa 5,000 years before A New Hope.

These are the two Tales of the Jedi comic prequel mini-series, Golden Age of the Sith Empire and Fall of the Sith Empire. Both have been collected in comic trade paperback form and you should be able to find or order them from any major bookstore chain or comic shop.

While the story leaves much to be desired, it's a great look at these people, their culture and way of life.

Other sources would be the Essential Chronology which summarizes the above events, and the Dark Side Sourcebook, a SWRPG supplement from Wizards of the Coast.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Ajunta Pall and the newer "Ancient Ancient Ancient Ancient Sith Lords" in the continuity have only been explored (to date) in the two Knights games. There'll undoubtedly be another, expanded "Dark Side history" tome of some sort from some publisher in the coming year(s).

Assuming that Wizards pulls their collective act together, or LFL gracefully passes the job off to another house.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Golden Age and Fall of the Sith Empire TPBs don't tell you anything about the ancient Sith you don't already know from the other TOTJ comics. I strongly recommend against any purchase, even half price.

And they're complete, utter, half hearted childish quality. I'm astonished it was accepted. Why, they didn't even bother to tell you all the participating names who were fighting for page after page! (Who was that bearded man and the Asian-looking chap whose swirling staff tips glowed?)

Thank Excellence I bought them half price, not full. Phew.

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Yes, they should have released a companion dossier! ;)

6. Wulf_Mayn

Wulf_Mayn Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2004
    So are there are any on-line information?

I assumed Ajunta Pal was part of lore, but apparently he is entirely a Bioware creation then?

Where can I get this Wizards of the Coasts RPG books...any book store? Or do they have circulation and printing runs?

7. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    YOu would think that WIZARDS would see the popularity of the KOTOR games and move to make a rpg supplement for it.

From what I know, Ajunta Pal and indeed, well....

The guys at BioWare were meticulous at researching the entire KOTOR saga. When you look at all the movies, x-files episodes, and such that they obviously "adapted" to put into their game, there is no question that the research for KOTOR was unprecedented...I could make a crack at how if Lucas had done what they did, how the Prequel Trilogy would be worth owning, but that is another story....

Anyway, yes, from what I know, they made a lot of "reasonable" adaptions, for example, while they factored in a ancient Sith race, they also adapted it to where the race died and the Sith became a "religion" for lack of a better word. And yes, they took into consideration so much that is almost unthinkable that these guys at BioWare had more passion for what they did then what GL has shown in the prequels.

Oh well.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Wizards has done some web stuff for KOTOR. I've seen a Planet Hoppers thing on Manaan, which includes information on "modern-day" Manaan and what happened through the 4,000 years after the course of events during KOTOR.

Apparently kolto > bacta. Who'd have thought? Sadly, there's no more kolto anywhere.

9. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Could you give a link to the Manaan stuff?

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  11. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    I don't get it. Why did Vader help them kill Imperials?

12. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    To bring them to the Dark Side

More dark Jedi servants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.