main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Akron Aeroes game

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I was looking at dates for an Aeros game. I eliminated April and May outright because of school for the younger members. They have bargain nights, where tickets are only $5 but those are all weeknights. The dates I'm most interested in are fireworks nights. Here's a list of those:

Friday, June 4th
    Friday, June 18th
    Friday, June 25th
    Friday, July 16th
    Friday, July 30th
    Friday, August 20th
    Friday, September 3rd

I encourage everyone interested to check out the schedule themselves in case there's a night you want to suggest.

Akron Aeros 2004 schedule

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll be home Friday, June 4th, so that would be a wonderful date for me. :D

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    That's a good reason...and plenty of time to get everyone together for this. Something to talk about at the April Meeting!

4. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    In addition to the Aeros, I want to encourage you all to take in a game or two of their lower level brothers the Cleveland Captains in Eastlake. It's a smaller stadium, but it is beautiful.

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Lake County Captains is a good time (according to people I've talked with), and it'd be fun to make it to one of their games as well. This sounds another point of discussion for the summer event planning part of the meeting. I never got a chance to go to a game last year...and I'd like to go to both Aeros and Captains games (and I'm not much of a baseball fan)

While we try to do as many things SW-related as possible, any opportunity to do thing as a group can only be a good thing!

6. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    I'm not much of a baseball fan either, but at these minor league games they just make it fun...with theantics between innings and you almost get that old feeling of being at one of your old high school games rooting on your team.

7. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    P.S. Thank you for correcting me Krash...I'm from Lake County I knew that...I guess I was typing with my head where it shouldn't have been.

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    but at these minor league games they just make it fun...with theantics between innings and you almost get that old feeling of being at one of your old high school games rooting on your team.

DD, The Aeros have the same thing. Games are generally fun, and the fireworks are great. :)

And Don, you had to pick games when school was out, did you. Now I can't use my parking pass. :p

June 4th sounds good for me for right now... something could come up though.

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I really don't like the June 4th one...I have finals the next week but if more people can go that day, I guess I can just miss it. :(

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm sure we're not talking about going to just one game here. If not enough people want to go on the 4th, that's fine too. I just know that's the only game out of all the ones that Don listed that I will be home for, since I'm spending most of the summer in Boston doing research.

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    From the sounds of it...we might be going to more then one baseball game over the course of the summer! If everyone wants to go June 4th (that fine) if not we'll figure out a day to go.

I've got names and phone numbers for both Lake County Captains and Akron Aeros...should I start asking around about group events?

12. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    I know Akrin does the same thing, I was talking about all minor league games JJJ for anyone out there who hasn't had the opportunity to see one yet.

13. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-- baseball

-b-

14. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Canal Park is only 10 minutes from my house, but I have never been to a game. I have wanted to go to a game for a long time. Fridays are great, except for the first Friday of the month (I have to work till midnight every first Friday :(

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I would suggest we rule out Friday, July 30th...might not be a good idea to go to a baseball game, the night before we head to Columbus (All-Ohio).

Minor league sporting events are great, because they are really dependant on fans getting behind their team...and go to great lengths to make their experience somethign that will have them coming back.

Are we ruling out June 4th? Rosie...how long are you going to be in town?

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll be home the last week of May through sometime in early June. I'll find out the specific dates next week. I really doubt I'll be home as long as June 18th though, the second game Don listed.

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, I'll be heading back to Boston the weekend of June 12-13th, so June 4th would be the only game I could go to of the ones listed. As mentioned in the meeting minutes thread, that's the day Harry Potter comes out, which I do plan on seeing at some point that day (although not necessarily in the evening). So I guess you can count me out of the baseball plans, since this day seems bad for most of you. I'll have to see you guys some other time.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Ok, good story from the Aeros guy:

Last year, they tried to have a STAR TREK themed night...and worked with a couple local groups and collector vendors (who were on hand for the game) Things didn't go as well as expected...when a couple Klingons thought that by dressing up, they would get in for free. So the Aeros guys have some great pictures of being picketed outside Canal Park by KLINGONS :D

They like the idea of us dressing in costume for a game...but requested that we remember that we still have to pay for our ticket. Last thing they want is an angry mob of jedi and stormtroopers on their front door. ;)

EDIT: I posted the planning part of this on the website board...if you're not registered for our site and boards contact the site admin ASAP

19. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    We'll have to watch the weather, though. We don't want to get caught in the rain with our costumes that we've all put some much money and effort into. ;)

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Costuming may have to be a "gametime decision" but we should pick a date (check the poll on the website...if you haven't voted yet) so we can get started on having a large enough group to get the discounted ticket price.

Once we have a date, we can contact our friends at Ohio Garrison, and other SW groups...to bring as many people as possible (don't forget to mention this to friends who might not be fans as well)

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    July 16th is when we're planning on going to the Akron Aeros game. I have to make 1 more phone call...to confirm it. After that it's a matter of getting 25+ people to buy tickets with our group to get the discount.

I e-mailed OSWCC (Akron region) and invited them to go to the game with us!

I'll post more details on the website...but you news guys can sign up for tickets here (if you're not registered there as well)

July 16th Akron Aeros
    Krash
    ???

22. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    July 16th Akron Aeros
    Krash
    Anrev & Wife & kid.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    ...Aeros group T-shirts may be personalized with your group's name or logo, providing a great souvenir of your group's visit to Canal Park.

Depending on how much these cost (I have to ask) it might be cool to get shirts with our logo on them. Another thing to consider is the possibility of getting the team mascot to stop by our section for some pictures!

Tickets are going to be $7 (at the group rate, compared to the $9 box office price) We've got 4 so far...at least 21 more to go!

We need to get the money to them by June 16th...but I told him we're meeting 3 days after that (easier to get everyone's money together) So be ready to get ticket $$$ to me by the June meeting!

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I've dropped e-mails with OSWCC and our friends over at USS Gallifrey. Their captain seems really excited about going to a baseball game with us...and forwarded the invite to the Akron area starbase commanders. They know about the June 19th deadline (when I need everyone's money by). So, liek any other JEDI going to this thing...or should I wear my federation communicator to blend in? :D

July 16th Akron Aeros
    Krash
    Anrev & Wife & kid.
    ???
    ???

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Here's an update (for anyone who doesn't check out message board)

July 16 Akron Aeros
    Krash
    Anrev +2
    Cindy
    Reborn
    BMack + 1
    Krash's mom
    Padawan92??

I know some of you guys live in the Akron area...we're going to be in your neighborhood, why not come out and join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.