main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Al Davis and Darth Vader

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jango_Bebop, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Bebop

Jango_Bebop Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    I thought you guys might get a kick out of this but here is a picture of Al Davis, who owns the Oakland Raiders, shaking hands sincerely with Darth Vader. I don't know if this is the fan who dresses up as Darth in the Black Hole or a Lucas promotion but Al seems to be taking it seriously. BTW I could so see Al Davis as a high ranking Imperial in a Tarkin like role.

Link: http://www.raiders.com/fanzone/photogallery.jsp

I can't link to the exact photo but if you click on the second picture "9/26/04 Buccaneers at Raiders Week 3" it will pop up a new window and the Al and Darth photo is pic 5.

2. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    "Darth Raider", as the figure is named, has been going to Oakland Raiders games since 1978, the year after ANH opened, with hiatus while the Raiders were in LA,and is kind of an unofficial mascot for the team. Why this is getting so much publicity after 25 years It interesting, but's it's an old story for Bay Area Football fans.
    BTW apparently there are three or four people who appear as Darth Raider,so if one is sick or can't make a game, Darth Raider will be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.