main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alan Dean Foster coming to ConCarolinas in June

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by motf-jan, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    I'd like to update everyone and let them know that Alan Dean Foster has been added as our Author Guest of Honor. Mr Foster penned the original Star Wars novelization under George Lucas' name, Splinter of the Minds Eye, and Recently, The Approaching Storm. He has also written dozens of Star Trek books and 200+ more books over the years. He rarely attends conventions anymore so this is a great chance to meet him! We have plenty of Star Wars events and panels planned along with LOR, Star Trek, Buffy, Farscape, Stargate, etc. Keep checking the website for more info.

Also, Star Wars Fanworks will be there, Albin Johnson from the 501st, and Joe Corroney who has done a ton of Star Wars artwork and currently does the Holonet illustrations in the Star Wars Insider.

We also will have a FanForce Fan Table available and need somebody to organize getting the various club members together.

We will also have a book drive this year for our charity. Bring all those childrens and adult books your finished with and help out some needy folks! Our charity auction will also raise money for them.
    For more info:
    http://secfi.org/concarolinas

Thanks,
    Janet

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Impressive! Most Impressive! This will have to be a "must see" event now in my book.
    ConCarolinas is -
    June 4 - 6, 2004
    Marriott Executive Park - Charlotte, NC

Sensors indicate a road trip in the making! :)

3. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    anyone going to carolinacon?

I may try & save some $ and try to go. whats else is happening there?

4. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    go to the website http://secfi.org/concarolinas

We updated it at least weekly if not daily.
    We will offer group discounts of 10 or more so fan forcers should get together, I also have a fan table set aside for Fanforce, just need some people to man it. And participate in a Starting a fan club panel on Friday night. I can offer 2 passes to the people committed to running the fan table.--Doesn't mean your glued to it through out the con, just committed to organizing volunteers, etc to man the table. The 501st will have a seperate table and are doing a fundraiser for MAW. We also have a table set aside for the LOR fan club if anyone is interested.

Author David Weber will be added to our guest list shortly.

Although not a media con like Dragon*Con, an event like this gives fans alot more one on one time with a Star Wars author and Artist who's stuff has been in the Insider every issue. Also Star Wars Fanworks will be there doing interviews of fans for their radio show. And you get to have fun with fellow fans. -Plus $25 for 3 days is pretty cheap. Even Cheaper if your under 16-only $10, and knock $5 off those if you register with a group of 10 or more. The marriott rooms are rather large so you could probably get as many as 6 people in a room to save some funds. -And parking is free! (For those who go to Dragoncon, we know how much extra that can add to the bill)

We'll have a Consuite running so eating can be done there for the budget minded, and there is a McDonalds, Chilis, Subway with in walking distance.

Also, found out yesterday they will be running a Star Wars LARP during the con. Not sure of which one,but suppose to be a top notch group running it.

So we'll keep you updated as things progress.
    Janet

5. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Yessssssssss, my prrreeeeccccioousssss.

We could gets my Splinters of the Eyeses book signed.

Gollum,Gollum!

*just got a hardcover edition of the book off amazon recently.*

*eyes widen as I smiles*

6. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Not only that, spooky-kid, good friend & 501st member down in Charlotte, Cheralyn Lambeth will do the honors as costuming panel lead. Those who remember AOTC's premiere here knows she was both an Amidala and a biker scout. Quite the talented lady.

7. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Cheralynn rocks! She's quite involved with our con and is a great help.

Hey Don,
    You going to participate in the Stormtrooper Minute man contest? <EG>

This is where the Stormtroopers get down to just Body Suits and race one on one to see who can dress out in their armor the fastest. We'll probably have some prizes for the winner. I think Star Wars fanworks will be covering it. Hmmmm, Stormtroopers in body suits, No I won't go there.

Also, Albin Johnson, the CO and founder of the 501st is our fan guest of honor so it will be a great chance for 501sters who haven't met him to talk one on one.

Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.