main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

alas...another jedi robe inquiry (but this one's also a rant!)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jupitertronic, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Mynn...
    "Judge me by my size, do you?..." Wasn't it a short Jedi that said that?

Besides Yoda, Even Pell (sp?) and Yaddle are pretty darn short.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the "vertically challenged". All kidding aside, the Jedi robe can be sized to fit any physique...so as long as you've sized the robe to your frame, it should look wonderful, no matter how tall you are, short you are, etc. etc.

--Kai

2. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Kai,
    Point taken. ROTFLMHO!!!!
    That post made me laugh so hard I'm in tears, and my belly hurts. <Sigh> So does Master Yoda mountian climb up HIS cabiantes to grab a bag of Cheetos too? <VBG>.
    Thanks for the tips everyone. :)

Mynn

3. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    I imagine Yoda simply lifts his little clawed hand and floats them down with the force. BTW, he loves cheetos, they go great with Dagobah swamp-stew...

Glad I made you laugh... ;)

--Kai

4. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Okay, I'm placing this here because I know how annoying another thread on this topic would be.

I have a couple of patterns for my Jedi garb. I know how to customize the robe from one of the patterns already talked about here and to add the hood from thepadawansguide. I also have gotten information on the obi and tabbards. My problem is this.

I would like to know what materials are the best for the outer & inner tunics, obi and tabbards. I have read several ideas, but know one sems to have a convincing reason. Second is what is the best material to use for the Jedi robe? Wool is just to darn expensive. My wife "God forgive her for this." say to try and use a heavy felt. I know in my heart of hearts that felt will not work. What do all of you have for my solution to this. Anyhelp you can give me would be great. You can either PM or e-mail me with it.

Thanks

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Cotton Drill or the thickest cotton fabric you can find?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.