main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alas poor Borsk Feylya I hated him well.(SxS spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by I-poodoo, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    (Warning spoilers don't look at this thread if you don't wan to be spoiled before reading SxS. Don't look! Don't look! It burns the eyes....Aah!)

Alas poor Borsk Feylya I knew him well a Bothan of staggering duplicity, and cunning... He has passed this fragile mortal coil.

Hurray! (Dance in joy) (lead celebration parade)

Okay had to get that off my chest...I'm okay now (more dancing in joy)...so sorry, Okay showing respect for the dear ;) departed. (more dancing in joy)

I'm sorry it's just that I've put this on my christmas list ever since I read what he did to Asyr Seylar...and what do you know Santa has come a few weeks early.

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I like Borsk! Die peps who hate him!

3. I-poodoo

May 1, 2001
    Chissdude you're probably the only person in this forum that hasn't wished Feylya dead.

I tried to take my dislike of Borsk and suspend it allowing him the chance to change for the better, but now that he's dead...I can look back on his distinguished career of belittling Leia, manipulating heroic characters accomplishments/failures to his advantage, and forcing Asyr with the decision to fake her death rather than staying with Gavin, and say you know what I really hated him.

4. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I liked Borsk too, and i think teh sacrifice fit him well.

5. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Had he lived throught the attack...he wouldn't have had a trace of a career to continue......theres no way you can turn a PR mess like that around...what he did was not just heroic...but also his best move in terms of his career...he knew he was finished in more ways than one...and made the best of it...

6. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    anyone with half a brain can figure out the spoiler from that title.

7. I-poodoo

May 1, 2001
    so what if he sacrificed himself. It was only because he was not brave enough to escape coruscant and live through the dismantling of his prestige and power. He did not want to live the life of one who's blamed for the loss of an important planet (Gee this sounds familliar doesn't it Corran Horn)

He reaped what he sowed.

8. Master_Halcyon

Master_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    corran didn't kill himself to avoid the dishonor. Corran hid long enough and in such away that he could still help fight the vong where as Feylya just completely gave up because he wasn't going to be in power anymore. Fey'lya's death was not a sacrifice to get the vong just a petty attempt to save himself the political backlash

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I've liked Borsk since VP. He was really a great character. And hes overlooked so damn much here.

Still, its nice to see more support for his character around here. It seemed I was all alone for awhile there.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I must admit, SBS made me really respect Borsk. I had thought that nothing could salvage his character, but Denning did it quite well.

11. LSARams75

LSARams75 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2001
    so what if he sacrificed himself. It was only because he was not brave enough to escape coruscant and live through the dismantling of his prestige and power. He did not want to live the life of one who's blamed for the loss of an important planet (Gee this sounds familliar doesn't it Corran Horn)

what the hell does that mean. corran is the best jedi in thee hole NJO he is the only one who knows how to kick @$$. he also did not sacrifice himself he survived and went on.

12. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I found his character very interesting. It added an intriguing element to the EU. It was funny how in some books he was the ultimate bad guy, while in others he was just a bothan trying to live his life the way he knows to live it. I think he was portrayed best in Conquest, Rebirth, and Star by Star.

13. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    I sincerely hope that the admins shut this thread down and hide it somewhere so as to prevent others like myself being spoiled by the thread title itself.

I cannot believe that anyone would think that the title "Alas poor Borsk Feylya I hated him well. (SxS Spoilers)" would be sufficient to prevent those who haven't read the book from finding out that Fey'lya dies.

I have yet to read the book, and as I understand its been released recently enough that ADEQUATE spoiler notice must still be given.

I'm sorry, but like skycrusher said, any idiot could figure out what that meant. Whats it mean when I can no longer browse the titles of the JC Lit forum without being spoiled?

Incidentally, I like Borsk as a character and I think it sucks that he died [face_clown]. He was one of the best characters by far, even though we all hate him, to see him go is to remove a piece of 'classic' sw eu lit.

14. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I liked Borsk, too. Actually, his death hit me harder than Jimmy's. Jimmy was a jedi, a hero etc and somehow it's easier to conceive him dying in a fight. Borsk, on the other hand... was unexpected.

15. jedi_luc

jedi_luc Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2000
    Well, you could see this coming a mile away. The death of Borsk that is. Just when Leia swears off politics. Guess what! Not today, Princess.

The Galactic Senate will come to order. The honorable Chief of State, Leia Organa Solo presiding.

Hehehehe

16. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    'ere up! A name-sake! :D

17. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    yeah really deathjarjarbinks..

18. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    A fitting end. He found redemption just as Vader did. I'll miss the guy, I've wanted dead since Zahn's trilogy.

Oh well, now Han can run the entire show.

19. Dark_Jedi_Jar-Jar

Dark_Jedi_Jar-Jar Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    Well, near the end, Borsk more and more seemed to have an emerging conscience, aswell as thought a tad bit more about the well being of the NR. He died well, taking out about an entire contingent of Yuzzies... Although I would have preferred that he didn't die at all...

I give you a half-salute, Borsk Fey'lya.

( Fay lie ya or fay lya?)

20. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    i hated him, but i feel he redemed himself in the end

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  22. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I weep his death to this day.

23. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I liked Borsk. He had a job, to be disliked. He was there to be realistic. ANyone who cant see that is stupid :)

And please, can SOMEONE edit the title?

24. Dark_Jedi_Jar-Jar

Dark_Jedi_Jar-Jar Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    I thought so Bib.

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The title doesn't give anything away. It doesn't say that he died, so it is not a spoiler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.