main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Albuquerque/Rio Rancho Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyAnakinSkywalker, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    This is the new New Mexico thread, so the older and outdated thread can be locked up so updates can be posted here. :)

First off, I will be going to several comic shops and gaming stores to see if they'll let me post notices about the Fan Force. I won't be leaving my home phone number, but I'll leave my pager # and my e-mail address so those intrested can contact me. If anyone has any ideas for fliers and the like, PM me or toss me an email.

And next, I am planning for the very first meeting to be in March. If I get enough responses, I'll be able to post a set date and location. Otherwise, we'll keep pushing back the month until we get a nice show of people who want to participate.

I'm always free if anyone has questions, comments, rants, raves, love notes, hate mail... ;)

-LadyAnakin

2. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    YAY! and LadyAni... I am sorry I was not at school today I'm sick :eek:(

3. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Even though I won't be a member of the fan force , I feel that LadyAnakinSkwyalekr sohuld get to be the City Rep if we do get a fan force.

4. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Aww, I love you Zahn. I'm really disappointed you won't be joining us. L(

5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    I'm dissapointed too. My parents wouldn't allow me to meet with strangers on the interenet, and I'm not sure if I would want to.

No offense.

6. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    No offense taken. The Fan Force fell through, anyway. Thanks for the kind words, though.

7. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    No FanForce?

:(

8. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I don't get along with one of the people who was founding it with me, and if we don't get along, there is no point on working on it together. :)

9. ImperialLieutenant

ImperialLieutenant Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2001
    I have one thing to say about that.

Sithspit.

Ah well. Maybe in a few years...

When we all are cranky oldbies...

10. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    Oh, I made the above post while I was banned on the GAUNTLET.

11. ChromiumTHC

ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    So is there going to be any kind of lining up at all? I'm sure if anywhere it would be at Century Rio, but does anyone have any plans?

12. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Also I read that our Toys R Us won't be opening for the new toys at midnight on the 23rd :(

13. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I've been having computer trouble, plus too busy at work to even turn it on when it was working, but I just wanted to say sorry about the Fan Force falling through.
    But, I do have a request. I work at the Cherry Hills library and we are putting on a Star Wars celebration on Saturday May 11th.
    My problem is I need to come up with some games that might be Star Wars related, or take existing games and make them Star Wars themed. I was wondering if any of you here in Albuquerque have any suggestions.
    So far we are having a trivia contest, a memory game for the young ones, and some of the staff will be dressing up in costume as well. We are also looking for people to host a how-to/hands on for Star Wars RPG, with a possible expansion into a monthly thing, since we have a meeting room. If any of you have any suggestions, can you please send me a private email if you prefer or post it here.

Thanks

14. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Why how about Star Wars Trivial Pursuit of course? I have a copy in case you need one :)

15. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    That would be most cool!! Are you sure you don't mind? Is this an actual Trivial Pursuit game that they sold? I wasn't even aware of it. Someone suggested Star Wars Monopoly as well, but I haven't found one yet. Anyway, the Star Wars celebration is on Saturday May 11th, but if possible if you could bring it by the Cherry Hills branch library at the corner of Harper and Barstow, it's 1 block east of the Wyoming/San Antonio intersection, next to the Texaco station.
    Let me know if something should happen though, and you're unable to bring it by, so I can make some alternate arrangements.

16. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Yup, it's an actual game. I have also Star Wars Monopoly. I'll try to bring them by before work sometime this week.

Chris

Also, who should I ask for?

17. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Just ask for Donna or Mercedes. Thanks so much for being so kind in loaning this to us. We will be very careful with it. Thurs, Fri and Sat we are here from 10-6 pm. Tues from 10-8 and Wed from 11-8.

18. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Chris,
    Sorry I wasn't here on Tuesday, but I put the wrong time. I hope you can come by for the Star Wars celebration we are having on Saturday May 11th. Maybe you would be interested in running one of the games you brought by?? We are looking for volunteers to be around the games so none of the pieces wander off. If not, at least come by and say hello if you can't stay long. Actually come by anytime. The correct hours I am here are Tues 10-7, Wed, 11-8, Thurs, Fri and Sat from 10-6 pm. We are also putting up a locking glass display case(well, it's already up, just not full of anything yet)that will hold some of the Star Wars memorabilia I have collected through the years. Hope to see you!

19. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Ok, I'm getting antsy now. I read tickets will be going on sale on Friday. Anyone know which theaters will be doing the midnight showing? (I'm not 100% sure Century Rio will or not)

Chris

20. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm in college in Tuscon, AZ and don't get back to Abq until May 8th. I'm gonna miss waiting on line for tickets! :_| I had so much fun doing it for TPM. ChromiumTHC, did you call Century Rio and ask someone if they know what's going on? I don't remember how I found out Century Rio was. It might not have been until I actually got there early that morning. Since they're the biggest theater in the city, and they did it for TPM, I have no reason to believe they won't do it for AOTC also. They actually made a 12:01 showing for TPM when I was on line because the midnight one sold out so fast. Unfortunately, by the time I got up to the front, that show was sold out too. And I was only about 300 people back!

21. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    I went to the Century Rio yesterday and from what they told me, the tickets should be on sale by Wednesday (the 8th) there and possibly earlier by way of www.fandango.com
    The customer service lady told me that if you get your tickets on Fandango, make sure you call the day before to find out the correct theater number, as those posted by Fandango are likely to be wrong.

So still a few more days...

ChromiumTHC

22. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Alright guys, even though the first run at starting a Fan Force was not so successful, I was still hoping to get one started. Celebration II reinspired me. If anyone wants to help me to get organized, please contact me through e-mail, AIM or PM here. Thank you!

23. TwilekSenator

TwilekSenator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2001
    i dont know if i can go!
    i'll be so shy. LOL [face_blush]

24. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Ok I'm gonna be back in the Fan Force as much as possible. I may not be able to help much. LadyAni........AIM me sometime I miss talking to you!!!!!!!!!

25. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Twi'lek, it will be fun. We're all strangers (except for Lady Nabby and I) and we'd love to get to know you guys.

And to Lady Nabby, OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! You totally ran way but now you're back. :) FINALLY! Yay for the Fan Force!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.