main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alderaan Blessings - Holiday FF Challenge (Bail, Dorme, 3PO, little Leia) **Completed 12/26**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    What a perfect ending! It just warmed my heart to read how generous she is and how perceptive. Oh how some kids grow out of that trait into selfish young adults. This was a lovely story with a moral and should be shared. I hope they post it in the archives for others to read. I bet if Padme read it, she would be so proud of her daughter!
    Thanks for this PLJ.

2. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great story, PLJ! I loved the incorporation of the Branwen legend into this story. One must wonder just how common a trait it is for one to have white hair. Could Winter be distantly related to the characters of the legend?

You've really captured Leia's spirit. As Han realizes later, Leia will never be satisfied as long as there is injustice.

It's a good thing that ol' Palpy didn't have a broadcast going. I don't think Bail would have stood for it!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

3. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    What a very touching and heartwarming story, one that captures Leia's personality really well. It's the type of story that I used to run in my old Leia fan fic zine years ago. Thanks for sharing it.

--MissPadme

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    What a lovely ending. Merry Christmas (or Emperor's Day, as the case may be) to all and to all a good night! :D

Leia is the perfect mix of mature for her age, but also exactly her age. You wrote her perfectly I think. What an interesting juxtaposition to Luke's character.

Thank you for both your holiday stories!!

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that was so good! Leia wanting to give her presents away is definitely something she'd do. This was awesome, PLJ.

6. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    OH! what a sweet X-mas time story PadmeLeiaJaina!
    Your story was very realistic and reminded me real historical things.
    When Hungary was a part of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire the royal family, Emperor Franz Josef I his wife, Elisabeth (the famous Empress Sissy) and their children spent their wintertime in Hungary in the Castle of Gödöllõ from 1868. They invited the poor kids for Christmas into the castle. Their daughter the little princess enjoyed to spent time and gave presents to the kids.

Reading your story was real fun congrats.

Zsuzsa

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Very sweet ending. Leia is a very unselfish little girl.

8. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I'm back. :D Loved both of the last two posts, especially the Leia/Winter interaction.

Again, I have to say that I love the way you've filled out Bail's character. The values and morals he cherishes are carried on in his adopted daughter. It is very easy to imagine why Leia grew up to be the leader she did, with this man as her father.

I also liked Dorme's kind influence in the story, and the sad memories of the past for Bail and Dorme, and Leia.

Great story! I really enjoyed. ;)

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Thank you all for reading. I know many of you are requesting that I write more in this forum, but unfortunately it will be a long time before that will happen. With the same levels of love and dedication to character development that I put into this story and Sandstorm Celebration I put into my EU fics. I hate the way that the EU has veered off course in the books, and I believe that the stories no longer even feel like SW.

In my fanfic writing I am working on reinventing the EU in my own way. And starting tomorrow I?m about to embark on another full-scale epic story to be posted in that era of the boards.

Maybe one day I?ll return here and actually write a large story that probably would be an inter-trilogy tale, but for now, my EU characters are still screaming at me to continue exploring their further adventures.

It?s been fun writing here! Thank you all for sharing in my holiday fics :D

RM

Wanting give her stuff away is certainly a Leia trait.

I thought that seemed like the perfect Leia thing to do.

You should write more in this era. I love reading stories about the twins.

You all would probably have to give me time, I?m still deeply stuck into my wanting to rewrite/reinvent the EU stage. Maybe after Ep 3 comes out I?ll launch a full scale fanfic here.

Altaira

You have showed how kindness can touch so many

This story was all about charity of the holiday season and putting compassion before yourself. I?m glad that that translated well.

Padlei

Almost teared up when they mentioned Padme and poor Leia not knowing anything.

I know, the poor twins :(

Hehe... Looks like other people want you to write more in this era!
    More, please? [face_puppydog's eyes]

Nice try, Padlei, but I?m about to embark on another large scale EU epic, I won?t have much extra time to work on anything for in here :( Glad you enjoyed!

Qingauk

Oh how some kids grow out of that trait into selfish young adults.

Yeah, that?s very true. I always considered Leia to be very unselfish, so I figured a lot of how I wrote her was very fitting and appropriate to her character.

I bet if Padme read it, she would be so proud of her daughter!

LOL! Possibly ;)

Tych

I loved the incorporation of the Branwen legend into this story. One must wonder just how common a trait it is for one to have white hair. Could Winter be distantly related to the characters of the legend?

Well you know, I just couldn?t resist. Figured I needed to incorporate something that my fellow BTS readers would know understand and that maybe you all would get a kick out of reading that legend again in a new light :) I hadn?t really thought of Winter in that way, who knows ;)

As Han realizes later, Leia will never be satisfied as long as there is injustice.

Well that is why she?s the greatest of all politicians. She doesn?t care about herself and only about others. Glad you enjoyed!

MissPadme

It's the type of story that I used to run in my old Leia fan fic zine years ago.

Really? Humm, maybe you should repost some of them here [face_mischief]

RebelScum77

Leia is the perfect mix of mature for her age, but also exactly her age. You wrote her perfectly I think. What an interesting juxtaposition to Luke's character.

I always felt that Leia was way more mature than Luke. The fact that she really understood what went on in politics also helped. ?Tis rather like Ani and Padme, isn?t it?

Glad you enjoyed!

Striker

Leia wanting to give her presents away is definitely something she'd do.

Well I certainly thought so. Leia?s not the slightest bit selfish. Glad you enjoyed.

zsuzsa

Wow! Very cool story! I?d never heard that before. Sheesh, I love it when I inadvertently manage to write something that?s sorta true. Thank you for sharing!

Liz

I thought she was very selfless, glad you enjoyed :)

10. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Wonderful story! Good luck in the competition :). I completely sympathize with Bail (and with Leia) when he makes his ?thanks to the Emperor? speech. I can just see him doing and saying many such things to protect his family during the founding of the new empire! Leia?s anger in particular seems completely in character for her ? as was her generosity with her possessions.

Hm. If you aren?t writing more saga stuff I guess I?ll just have to meander over to the post-saga board ;)

11. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Wonderful ending to a special story. :D

Little Leia playing hide and seek and just being able to be a kid. *sigh* :) And her own unselfishness to give to others when she has so much.

The generous nature of Bail Organa ? his hospitality is endless! Although his having to suffer through such a fake speech ? brrr, <expletive> Palpatine. :mad:

This really was a very enjoyable read, dear. You put a lot of thought and care into this story, but then when don?t you? ;)

Kudos! :)

12. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    This story was so beautiful. Once again you captured the spirit of Christmas: sharing - with the way the Organas opened their home to the people and the way Leia opened her heart to Winter.
    The most moving part of the story for me was Leia and Winter's tete-a-tete: the way the princess and the orphan have so much in common. Leia knowing about her background certainly adds credence to the down-to-earth nature we see in the OT. Kudos to you for capturing that.
    And, the underlying theme of 'Emperor's Day' [face_devil] was perfect: Bail's relunctant speech, Threepio's ill-timed compliment...
    Thank you for sharing this!.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Reihla

Wonderful story! Good luck in the competition

Oh sheesh, I had nearly even forgotten that I wrote this and Sandstorm as entries for a competition. Just receiving the amazing outpouring of wonderful remarks from everyone is nearly high praise enough :D

I completely sympathize with Bail (and with Leia) when he makes his ?thanks to the Emperor? speech. I can just see him doing and saying many such things to protect his family during the founding of the new empire! Leia?s anger in particular seems completely in character for her ? as was her generosity with her possessions.

Considering that Dodonna (sp?) commented about the loss of Leia?s father in ANH, I figured that it was probably safe to assume that he?d be a major leader in the forming of the Rebel Alliance. I?m not spoiled, so I have no idea what GL is planning. I did however, firmly believe that considering Bail had sided w/ Padme in AOTC, that he would be most likely less than thrilled to have to bow to the Emperor for any reason.

Hm. If you aren?t writing more saga stuff I guess I?ll just have to meander over to the post-saga board

Hee hee- well never say never? but it will probably be a while. But who knows, I plan on keeping my eyes open for more interesting challenges to participate in. I like them as a nice diversion from my normal writing.

BTW, link for my new story?s in my siggy ;)

Arriss

Little Leia playing hide and seek and just being able to be a kid. *sigh* And her own unselfishness to give to others when she has so much.

Leia?s definitely a good egg and didn?t fall far from either of her parent?s trees.

The generous nature of Bail Organa ? his hospitality is endless! Although his having to suffer through such a fake speech ? brrr, <expletive> Palpatine.

I know, poor Bail :( at least he got to do something that selfish Palpatine would probably disapprove of as an act of rebellion.

This really was a very enjoyable read, dear. You put a lot of thought and care into this story, but then when don?t you?

Hee hee- well I certainly try :p

Leia_Naberrie

This story was so beautiful. Once again you captured the spirit of Christmas: sharing - with the way the Organas opened their home to Christmas: sharing - with the way the Organas opened their home to the people and the way Leia opened her heart to Winter.

:D Yup, sharing with those less fortunate than yourself was what I had intended to be the theme for this story. I?m glad that in the end it translated so well.

The most moving part of the story for me was Leia and Winter's tete-a-tete: the way the princess and the orphan have so much in common. Leia knowing about her background certainly adds credence to the down-to-earth nature we see in the OT. Kudos to you for capturing that.

I always remembered that when I was really young and I was thrown together with new kids to play with, I?d usually latch onto one. Kids become good friends quickly. Considering Leia was so sheltered in the palace, I took the assumption that she?d just open her heart to anyone who would willingly listen to her.

And, the underlying theme of 'Emperor's Day' was perfect: Bail's relunctant speech, Threepio's ill-timed compliment...
    Thank you for sharing this!.

When aren?t Threepio?s compliment?s ill-timed? :p Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hi Everyone!

Just popping in to show you all this lovely cover that Altaira made for this story!

Happy New Years Everyone!

And thank you Altaira, for, as always, doing a beautiful job :D

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/alderaanBless6.jpg]

15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I am so glad you wrote a companion peace to Sandstorm Celebration!

I loved the line immediately after the stock opening. Brilliant! Also, really liked the Handmaiden tie-in. I find it next to impossible to believe that these women, hand-picked to be at Padme's side morning noon and night for years at a time, would have just abandoned her or her family when she stepped off the Galactic political stage. That's why I kinda wish Beru had been revealed to be one of Padme's handmaidens instead of a native Tatooinian girl. Oh well. Thanks for correcting that GL oversight. :)

I am very appreciative of the portrayal of Bail Organa as a true Prince of his people: taking care of them even at great personal cost (and I'm not talking so much about the food and the opening of the Palace as I am the swallowing of his pride to reassure the Emperor of his "loyalty").

Leia is precocious, but still very much just a kid, and the developement of her friendship with Winter was very well handled.

Your craft is second to none PLJ, and you have every right to be proud of your efforts here. Solid solid stuff. Well done, and thanks very very much for sharing!

*Derisa*

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Liked the characterizations and the plot and the mood.

17. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Clicked on "Memories of My Beloved Alderaan" and saw the link for this story. Glad I did.

This was so heartwarming. What a wonderful glimpse into Leia's childhood. I loved the friendship between Leia and Winter.

As an adult, Leia gave tirelessly of herself for the Rebellion, and you did a wonderful job showing the beginnings of Leia's generosity as a child.

Now, off to read "Memories."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.