main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alderaan storyline questions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KadeBendu, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KadeBendu

KadeBendu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2001
    I'm doing a little background research and couldn't find satisfactory answers to these questions in the timelines and encyclopedias that are out there. I thought I'd throw it out to the collective memories of the boards and see what your thoughts are. How much do we know about:

1. Was there destruction on Alderaan during the Clone Wars and what was its extent? How much of the damage occurred in the capital city?

2. To what degree did the planet adopt pacifism? Were all weapons of every kind banned, or only large scale, military-type weapons? Were there still police? Were citizens or tourists permitted to legally carry weapons? What about espionage? Counter-terrorism measures? Planetary security?

3. What kind of weaponry was on board the Another Chance?

Any thoughts or even opinions are welcome, although references are always nice. :)

Thanks!

2. Stars_Guitar

Stars_Guitar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    1. Was there destruction on Alderaan during the Clone Wars and what was its extent? How much of the damage occurred in the capital city?

This I have no idea on.... Maybe check the UE?

2. To what degree did the planet adopt pacifism? Were all weapons of every kind banned, or only large scale, military-type weapons? Were there still police? Were citizens or tourists permitted to legally carry weapons? What about espionage? Counter-terrorism measures? Planetary security?

I do believe that they got rid of ALL weapons. They had a n unarmed 'peace force' that broke up domestic disputes. But since you can't actually say to the whole planet "get rid of your weapons" and expect it to be followed. So there were undoubtably a few still on planet. However, the got rid of their military in its entriety, and all of the weapons were palced aboard Another Chance. The rest their I could only specualte on.

3. What kind of weaponry was on board the Another Chance?

As stated in X-Wing Rogue Squadron: The Bacta War, Another Chance contained Clone Wars era weapons that were most suited for ground troops. Another Chance was recovered by some smugglers shortly after the battle at Derra IV and the weapons were used in the battle of Hoth. So its safe to say they were small arms types, repeaters and laser rifle and such. Maybe some heavier weapons as well, moutned on the turrets? But they were Clone Wars era Weapons, so they were at least 20 or so years old.

3. KadeBendu

KadeBendu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2001
    Hmmm, I'm trying to decided if a fleet of lightly armed patrol ships, not unlike a minor police force, would stretch the "no weapons" credo. I always pictured Alderaan having no military and no armed citizenry, but still some sort of basic law enforcement, similar to what you indicated.

Thanks for the comments!

PS. Let me ask parenthetically if anyone knows of any evidence of a significant Imperial presence on Alderaan during that period (20-10 BBY ish).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.