main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ALERT] To anyone who booked their trip through 1800Hotels.com - Chapter 11 filing...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grimby , Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    This will come as very bad news to anyone who used 1800Hotels to book their hotel reservations.

On July 15th, 1800Hotels announced on their web site that they had filed for Chapter 11 protection. According to articles found here, here, and here, the company had stopped paying the wholesalers it uses to book hotel reservations. In short, the wholesalers turned around and stopped booking reservations, and also started canceling reservations they had previously made.

As of Wednesday the 14th, a bankruptcy court ruling had put a temporary restraining order on the wholesalers preventing them from any further reservation cancellations. No word though on what this means for those whose reservations were already canceled.

If you booked your hotel through 1800Hotels.com, call the hotel immediately to see if your reservation has been canceled or if it was ever made. A spokesperson for 1800Hotels' parent company recommends contacting your bank or credit card company to dispute the charges.

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *AURRRRRRRRRG***

More the idea of what kind of hells this will cause at work....

Wait - different from Hotels.com, but still...

3. Eric Geller

Eric Geller TFN Staff Emeritus star 1 VIP

Mar 2, 2005
    Got this posted on TFN so hopefully anyone who was affected can work this out.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks Eric! I was actually thinking of contacting you anyway.

5. Eric Geller

Eric Geller TFN Staff Emeritus star 1 VIP

Mar 2, 2005
    No problem! I live to serve. (Well, just to post. I mean, "serve" is a bit excessive...) [face_peace]

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Yes yes your welcome for the information...i hope that our misfortune is not shared. :(

7. StarkillerWill

StarkillerWill Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009
    Is this the same site as the "OnPeak" reservation system? I just tried calling the hotel I'm booked at and they had no record of any reservation..."the dark side clouds everything!"

8. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Thankfully no. You might want to call the number in your confirmation email during normal business hours to see what the status of your reservation is.

9. StarkillerWill

StarkillerWill Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009
    Will do thanks!

10. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok...I am confused. I used the Star Wars Housing Link to make my reservations. Is this the same company?

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    No, this is a completely different company. This is like if maybe you looked around at other web sites besides the official Celebration housing site (like PriceLine, Orbitz, or HotWire) and found a cheaper rate for your hotel, then decided to book through that web site instead. It's not every day that a travel booking site goes bankrupt and cancels their customers' reservations, so this comes as quite a shock.

12. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    The hotels won't have records of your reservation until July 21, that's when the housing block will notify all of them. If after July 22 they have no recourd of your RSVP , then I might worry.

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I assume you're referring to those that booked through the Celebration site?

14. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes, I called the housing block (cant remember there name) and was told the hotels will be notified on July 21.

15. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I noticed the site is back up and running.
    If anyone booked through them, I hope it means that you won't have trouble getting your money back or the room you paid for.

On a similar case. I booked through Hotel-Board.com and experienced the same thing. When I checked with the hotel my room was cancelled. No communication, so I had to make a new booking. Staying in town for 2 weeks, so I couldn't use the official channels.
    Anyway, if anyone else booked through Hotel-Board.com I suggest you check up with your hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.