Alex McLeish...new Rangers manager

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by MOTs_Minx, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight

star 6
    Well...its happened. Me and Toby (sideshowtob) were discussing this yesterday.

Just you wait, PatJedi...Rangers will kick Sellick ass!

LOL
  2. PadawanSDM Jedi Padawan

star 4
    This all seems bit strange to me. When Watty was leaving Rangers, Murray took a long time making sure they secured the services of an experienced, manager with a proven track record and an extensive knowledge of European football and Advocaat was duly appointed. 5 Domestix trophies out of 6 and signs that Rangers may finally do something in Europe were putting smiles on all associated with Rangers - including you I'm sure, Cass. Along comes Martin O'Neill who wins the treble, has a great start to the season and now Rangers seem to think having Advocaat as a technical director with a young Scottish Manager, without a single trophy to his name (as a mangaer) is the way to go. Now I think McLeish is a good manager and a decent bloke but has he really proven he is good enough to manage a huge club like Rangers and when has having a technical director ever worked?

Only time will tell but I am not convinced at all. Still as a Celtic fan, I am not unhappy either!

SDM
  3. sideshowtob Jedi Master

star 3
    In other news Rangers have drawn Feyenoord in the UEFA cup fourth round. Who did Sellick get? Oh that's right...I forgot...

:D
  4. MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight

star 6
    Hey PSDM :D Havent seen you for a while? You and your good lady all organised for Christmas? You going to the inlaws?

Yes, I am happy that Dick won 5 out of 6...but WE WANTED 6!!!!

I am reserving my judgement of McLeish. He did play for Aeberdeen afterall ;)

I read on the Scottish Prem website about us getting Feyenoord, Toby. Is this good or bad? Me dont know...

The gehm the night will be a cracker methinks... (is it tonight? Rangers and Hibs?).
  5. sideshowtob Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, they are a good team but probably the best tie we could have hoped for. If we get through we could be playing Leeds in the next round!
  6. MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight

star 6
    Oooooooo I remember that from before.

I went to see the home tie... But my loyalties were divided cuz I fancied the pants off Gary Speed at the time :D
  7. Gav Daragon Jedi Master

star 5
    not amused

McLeish was my childhood hero when her played for the Dandy Dons (they were good back then) - and now he is with the scum that is the gers. Gads :_|
  8. PadawanSDM Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey Cass - how you doin?

Nearly all organised for Christmas, only a couple of things to get, what about you? Yes, we're heading down to Doncaster for New Year - I just love those curries after the bells!

You coming up to Scotland over the festive period?

SDM
  9. MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight

star 6
    Yup, me and Jon are driving up next Saturday for 2 weeks. YAY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.