main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Alexsandr "Hot" Kallus

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Kallus is a rebel confirmed. :p

2. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    This still doesn't change the fact that he KILLED Minister Tua!!![face_frustrated]

Vialco likes this.
  3. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004

True and maybe that will be referenced sometime but eh... I don't believe she will be due to various factors.

The important thing is that Kallus had the chance to eliminate two skilled defecting pilots and one of the most capable Ghost crew members he's been pursuing for years - yet he chose to take a risk and save three lives instead of just the one. He ensured the safety and enabled the survival of three people fully dedicated to the rebel cause despite knowing they'll go on to interfere with Imperial interests, as well as help and save more lives.

Kallus's action doesn't erase the bad deeds he's participated in and he's got a long way to go for redemption, but his choice to aid the defectors and Sabine was a good start.

La Calavera and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  4. Fuzzy ambassador

Fuzzy ambassador Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2012
    I wonder if the short comic Sabotaged supplies is still considered canon? In it Kallus admits to having food for Tarkentown residents poisoned and a little girl almost dies. It falls under the just following orders catergory, but man... It felt strange hearing him talk about civilian casualties on the show.

I loved Kallus as the 'bad guy'. With good writing (believable motivation) a villainous character doesn't have to be shallow. I thought his sparing of Sabine and the others was a nice touch though. It's like he was saying 'Ok Orrelios, now you and I are even'. Let's get back to business.

La Calavera and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

I never got the feeling he was behind it. I thought that Vader set the bomb up, and Kallus genuinely believed the Specters were behind it.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Well he is the secret police.

7. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Nah, Kallus had an evil smirk in that scene, he was definitely behind it. Plus Lord Vader gives the orders, the Imperial officers execute them. Who do you think put the bomb there?

That doesn’t bother me, because Tua was a traitor ready to conspire with terrorists in the eyes of an Imperial. The Empire shows no mercy to traitors, and there is no reason why Kallus should. It’s not the same as when it comes to uphold one’s values of honor and law.
    Also, it might be worth noting that when Vader ordered for Tarkintown to be burned, Kallus had the citizens removed before burning the empty houses. That certainly fits well with Kallus' concern about the civilian casualties.

However it still does not explain Kallus kicking a Stormtrooper to his death in the season 1 premiere for making an honest question. I really don’t think they had Kallus’ character planned out already when they started the show.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I completely forgot that actually.

9. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    Great point. I don't think Kallus will ever fully defect. But he will help them from the inside (maybe as Fulcrum) and at some point will be found out and likely killed by the Empire.

vncredleader likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why wouldn't he ever fully defect?

11. Darth Blade

Oct 29, 2014

When I say "fully defect" I mean actually join the Rebels, fighting along with the Ghost crew. I don't think that will happen because I doubt he would be fully accepted by them or that he's really a good character based on his previous actions. I think he's just very conflicted, and will help them while still being with the Empire. I also think that if he continues to do this he will SOON be found out by Price, Thrawn, Tarkin, or Vader the same way Minister Tua was.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think they'll kill him off at least not this season since he is the shows longest running villain next to Konstintine.

13. Darth Blade

Oct 29, 2014

They definitely won't kill him off and take it lightly - he's an important character and was created for the show. But I also don't think they'll have a problem killing him off, even this season, if they can tell a great story out of it and if his death can have some meaning and impact. My point was just that he won't be able to get away with aiding the rebels for long with Governor Price and Thrawn breathing down his neck, wondering why he has been so unsuccessful in stopping them.

Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a great story! I really like the character.

Danifae likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Pryce already seemed skeptical of him in the newest episode because of his lackluster results.

Darth Blade likes this.
  15. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think to really enjoy Rebels you have also follow the Rebels magazine comics as they're like missing episodes or scripts that never made it. Will Kallus follow his own advice, is he a double or triple agent?LOL

[​IMG]

Cynda likes this.
  17. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I kinda hope Kallus stays Imperial. Like he helps the Rebels when he feels it is what is needed to stop Imperials he disagrees with but he is still 100% on the side of the Empire and its ideals. Kinda like a new canon version of Soontir Fel.

18. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    I can't believe Kallus is dying in five weeks...

19. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Yeah, he is a dead man walking.
    Edit: And so is Sato.

20. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    It's sad because I find his character kind of interesting right now, even though I feel like there was a scene missing between The Honorable Ones and Season 3. We got to see the seeds of doubt planted on that ice moon, but we never got to see them sprout and instead we jump right to he's a guy taking incredible risks for the Rebellion.

They never told gave us much detail as to why he defected, although based on what bothered him in The Honorable Ones and listening to Henry Gilroy during Rebel Recon (its pretty obvious Gilroy's the one who planned out Kallus's arc at least from season 2) I fairly certain Kallus defected because a) the Empire wasn't the propagator of law and order he thought it was and b) he wants friends.

And its sad to lose David Oyelowo. I can't believe Dave Filoni is going to make that man's kids watch their dad's character die!

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Who's Sabine

Who's Sabine Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2017
    He is definitely one of the best original characters for evil that Filoni has created. I will miss him.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Has it actually been confirmed anywhere that Kallus is going to die? Or is that just the conclusion you guys have come to because you don't want Thrawn to let him get away? It could be that by rescuing Kallus, the Rebels reveal their base or something.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Not revealed. I actually sorta hope that Kallus is the one to kill Thrawn. But I doubt it.

Vialco likes this.
  24. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    It would diminish Thrawn if the Rebels manage to rescue Kallus right under his nose. Thrawn shhots at someone in the trailer. I'm pretty sure that's Kallus.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Just don't let yourself get tunnel vision or ignore anything else that could suggest otherwise.