main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Alexsandr "Hot" Kallus

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Oh, that would almost be like in Avatar: The Last Airbender with
    Admiral Zhao
    at the end of season one.

podjazd and Mia Mesharad like this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    People like Kallus will be Fodder for Kanan, Ezra etc.

When it's time for the inquisitor himself to bite the bullet, She (thou knowest of whom I speak) shall be coughed forth from... wherever, to do the honors.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It seems the Inquisitor and Agent Kallus are assigned to the case of the Rebels from Lothal and their 'Ghost' ship. These 'criminals' are causing problems for the Empire and its various interests on Lothal. Lothal is on the Outer Rim, so best to subdue them quickly before word spreads to other systems throughout the region and closer to the Core.

So far, so good with Agent Kallus. The proof is in the pudding. We'll see in September.

Is there only one Inquisitor? I thought they were a group called the Inquisitorius and that the had the same look, or is there just one Inquisitor (name?).

Given the propaganda poster with the Inquisitor aside other stormtroopers, who are a multitude, I assumed these Inquisitors might be as well,

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Kallus' agents in the field have detected criminal activity on the Lothal system. Kallus investigates, and when evidence of possible Jedi involvement is unearthed, the Inquisitor is brought in to the picture?

Something like that? Could be a cool set-up.

Well the Inquistorious always were many, but we'll have to wait and see if this is still true under new management.

I prefer the idea of multiple Inquisitors, myself. There are different ways of reading it, but naming our Rebels baddie The Inquisitor does make me wonder.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I remember a boss of mine, very eloquently explaining that when things go wrong, "**** rolls down hill." It was in the context that if a job needs to get done and it doesn't get done, the guy at the bottom of the chain of command is going to get blamed.

We have the Emperor that is "less forgiving" than Vader. We have Vader who is known to choke subordinates, sometimes to the point of death, for failure or insubordination (Ozzel, Needa, Motti). Now we're getting the Inquisitor beneath Vader and presumably Kallus beneath the Inquisitor.

And my thinking is just that there really wouldn't be a show if the villains caught the heroes and killed them. So I'm thinking it's a lot of close calls mixed with times that the Imperials catch the heroes, only for the heroes to get away (like how the heroes escaped the Death Star in ANH).

And in the face of that kind of constant failure, I feel like someone has to pay the price, or else it just wouldn't feel like the same evil Empire from the films. And Kallus seems like the guy at the bottom of the chain. Granted, I am assuming that Kallus answers to the Inquisitor, I think someone else suggested that they might have more of a peer relationship like Tarkin and Vader did. If so, I'm thinking the Inquisitor and/or Kallus are going to have an impatient Vader breathing down their necks.

Revanfan1 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It could end up being one of those "neither confirm nor deny" situations where they don't affirm the EU way of it by depiction, but don't explicitly retcon it either.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Speaking of which, I am eagerly awaiting a jailbreak episode where the entire crew of the Ghost is captured and put in prison to await interrogation by the Inquisitor, but they escape before he arrives in typical hero fashion. Then the prison warden, whoever he is, is choked to death by the Inquisitor. Arcs like that are always fun.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Somebody has to.

10. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009

Well, I was thinking about this, and maybe the Ghost crew only knows him as an Inquisitor and don't know that there are others, and the Imperial forces kinda just call him "the Inquisitor" in a kind-of contempt towards their authority being superseded.

11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm curious at to whether or not he'll be given a name in the show itself. I have no doubt that he'll be given a name, but whether it is spoken on screen or if he'll just be "the Inquisitor," I don't know.

Just because he's called "the Inquisitor" in no way implies there is only one, IMO.

I don't know how the EU handles them, but I would think that the Inquisitors are spread out throughout the galaxy, each given a jurisdiction or something, and are in charge of flushing out any Jedi in that area. I wouldn't think that they would work together or anything like that.

This particular character might just happen to be the Inquisitor tasked with eliminating Jedi in whatever sector, or other jurisdictional boundary that Lothal is in. The heroes might just call him "the Inquisitor" because they don't know his name and because he's the only one pursuing them, so it's not like he's going to be confused with any other Inquisitor. And those beneath him might call him "Inquisitor" as a means of address or rank. Like how Palpatine is "The Emperor," Piett is "Admiral," and Vader is often addressed as "my Lord." "Inquisitor" might just be used as a form of address, in no way precluding the possibility that there are other Inquisitors out there, hunting down Jedi in other regions of the Galaxy.

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm wondering if the Inquisitor's identity is intended to be a mystery...or at least, a secret.

13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Do you mean in or out of universe?

In universe perhaps, because it might be more intimidating to have "an Inquisitor" aboard your ship and looking over your shoulder, rather than "Inquisitor Thompson." Could be a psychological thing.

Out of universe, I don't see why it would matter. Since it's a completely new character. It would be one thing if they were teasing a villain with a secret identity that turned out to be a returning character, but since we already know this character is new, I don't see why withholding his name would really matter.

Jedi Knight Fett and podjazd like this.
  14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Both. I mean, they don't want us to know his identity OOU, because in-universe it'll be a surprise. For example, and this is just an example, what if Kanan mentions a Jedi he grew up with having died in Order 66, and it turns out later to be the Inquisitor. Something like that, where if they told us his name OOU then it would spoil the show for us.

cdgodin and TaradosGon like this.
  15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    If only Mother T could baptize Tano in the green goo...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    She doesn't need it, she was already baptized in the light of the Daughter. :rolleyes:

*I swear to God, when I first watched that, I said to myself "oh, no -- now they've got an excuse to keep her forever young and indestructible."*

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Anakin's eyes rolling into the back of his head in that scene was karking creepy.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, but it was nothing compared to how my eyes were rolling! Shoulda been there, mate!

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I feel you....

Talzin had me [face_hypnotized] + :eek: + 8-} when she baptized Ventress, modified Opress and then restored Maul.

;)

20. AdmiralScreedFan

AdmiralScreedFan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2014
    Who is the voice actor for Agent Kallus in Star Wars Rebels? He sounds a lot like James Marsters in the clip that was shown on Good Morning America. I am not sure if they would have him do the voice because he was already Captain Argyus on The Clone Wars. Does anyone else have any ideas on who the voice actor for Kallus is?

21. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Nothing stopping them from getting the same actor who had a one-episode guest role in TCW from voicing a (I presume) recurring character on Rebels.

At the end of the day, all you need for a typical Imperial Agent is someone who can sound British and upper-class.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    AdmiralScreedFan Merged your thread into the existing Kallus thread. In the future use Search to check for existing threads before making a new one. ;)

23. AdmiralScreedFan

AdmiralScreedFan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2014
    Does anyone have any ideas on who the voice actor may be after seeing the new trailer?

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Agent Kallus is definitely up there with General Grievous and Savage Opress for worst Star Wars character name.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    According to the Rebels page on Wiki, Brent Spiner is playing Kallus.