main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Alexsandr "Hot" Kallus

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That could be awesome.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    looking forward to some cool ot style imperials.

CoolyFett and Dra--- like this.
  3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Without any kind of reliable link (IMDB is so often wrong) putting Spiner as Kallus, I'm not going to assume that it is correct. Frankly, the Inquisitor sounds more like Spiner to me, but there are also other characters that have yet to be properly introduced, like the Devaronian and IG droid featured as upcoming toys, with either potentially being voiced by Spiner. Doing a google search puts the last reported news of Spiner being involved with the project at all being in reference to a tweet made back in February.

It's possible that Spiner is Kallus, but I remain skeptical until a formal announcement.

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    If it wasn't true, I'd think someone at LFL might edit or ask Wiki (not IMDB) to edit the character info. That leads me to think it's true or LFL hasn't seen it. Wiki can have errors, but it seems to be more reliable than IMBD.

The Rebels Wiki entry also states that Boba Fett is in Rebels, voiced by John Morton?

By the way, a Devaronian character sounds great. :)

5. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    probably just because morton said he was. i don't even now if that's true now.

6. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Do we think he's going to be a bad bad guy? As in, borderline sadistic? Or more like an honorable/lawful evil type?

I think I'd prefer to see the latter.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think the Inquisitor is borderline sadistic and Kallus is just his henchman.

I don't think he takes any pleasure in carrying out evil acts, but I don't think he's bothered by it either. He just doesn't think about it or care that much.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Pretty much this.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I figured he'd be a "you rebel scum" kind of villain. I don't know if you can call that deriving "pleasure" but I figure he'd be a rigid man of law, disgusted by the rebel opposition as treasonous individuals.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Maybe he's actually a really nice guy but he plays a stringed instrument so his finger tips have thick calluses. [face_idea]

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You just described me. :p

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Looking forward to seeing what he does.

13. RandomGuardian

RandomGuardian Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I'm loving the legionnaire helmet, I want to see some more Romanesque connections all across the Empire like that.

14. AdmiralScreedFan

AdmiralScreedFan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2014
    Is there any news about who might be voicing Agent Kallus?

15. Tanz

Tanz Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2014
  16. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Man do not want the Inquisitor in Episode VII anyways. I want as few characters showing up in any movies as possible and don't want any confirmations any new characters from Rebels are in Episode VII. Maybe I should just quit and go spoiler free. I want Rebels to have better unpredictability than TCW. Hopefully Agent Kallus proves to be the correct rumor.

18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kallus may be similar to Tarkin on CW, seems Spiner is trying to go for the evil English accents used in the OT. Wonder if the Inquisitor is voiced by Peter Serafinowicz.

19. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I was just going to link this here. Finally we get a Kallus video.

David sounds absolutely menacing and authoritative in the role. I can't wait to see this guy in action.

Edit: And the reaction of his kids? Priceless. :D

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Dammit! Why did they apparently conceive of him as a Chiss but then go and make him human??? Whyyyyyyy :(

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    They should have gotten Christoph Waltz to voice Kallus.

23. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    That video definitely got me excited. David Oyelowo (yah I had to copy and past his last name, so what, wanna fight about it?) sounds like he's doing a great job with the voice acting.

What I found most intriguing was the way Filoni and co. talked about the character. It makes me wonder whether Kallus will be growing along with the other characters, as he is apparently both ambitious and suited for power. The problem with that, of course, is that the crew of the ghost will be foiling some of his plots. So if his character is going to be around throughout the series there are a few options for what will happen. 1) He succeeds in other area's and gains the favor of imperial higher-ups. 2) The ghost crew is what stands between him and promotion and he becomes desperate to destroy them at any cost. 3) He decides his higher-ups are what actually stands between him and promotion, and we begin to see an Empire where people frequently kill those who are in the positions they desire.

Pfluegermeister and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    With those sideburns he kinda reminds me of Zhao from A:TLA (and he seems to have a similar demeanor as well).

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The thing is we're used to seeing a Galactic Empire where people get one chance, if they don't do well at something then a guy in a samurai mask and a black cloak telekinetically chokes them, calls them inept, stupid and says they have failed for the last time.

But that's because we've only seen the Empire around Vader. Away from Vader and Palpatine, people screwing up is likely to be a lot less over-the-top punished.

Revanfan1 likes this.