main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Alfonso Cuaron and Simon Pegg Rumor and Some Possible Plot Detailes.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rancorrr, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Indeed, I guess Plagueis intrigues a lot of people around here, you yourself seem to lurk the "Darth Plagueis In ST" thread quite often.

TreborSabreon and Dra--- like this.
  2. DarthPancho

DarthPancho Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2013
    I hope Pegg isn't a main actor in EVII. I don't dislike him or anything, but I don't want many recognizable faces in the new cast, let alone a main character from the new Star Trek.

Now Alfonso Cuarón is a very talented director. His Harry Potter is my favorite, and Children of Men is a fantastic movie, one of my favorites.

I'm not completely sure that he'd be a good fit for Star Wars, but him being the new Kirshner for Episode VIII sounds about right.

3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm afraid he's one of those pesky OT purists. (But let's not digress into OT/PT crap - I'm a lover of SW)

4. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012

- Apparently, personalities are going to have a massive fight. May the best bipolar win.

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    just reread that very article... they said that back in 2009 and stated the 3d was dependent on Avatars success. So I wouldnt discount them based on that, it doesnt prove them right eeither since even a broken clock can be right twice a day (once if digital and the screen still works :p). Just that for the time they reported that there rumor turned out pretty close to what turned out to be. in that announcement they also stated Lucus would just produce but not direct, which is kinda close to whats happening now minus the whole Disney/Kathleen Kennedy thing, which was still 3 years into the future. still that said, I see nothing in this that hasnt already been speculated taking this one with a grain of salt, but curious to exactly how Pegg wiould be involved since that could go either way...

edit... my pesdotablet doesnt seem to let me quote stuff... damn... in reply to comment towards the bottom of last page

6. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Maybe not. But as Kyle Newman says, if you dont like the prequels.... guess what? You only like 50% of Star Wars. In school that is a failing grade..... an F. I am never going to deny someone like him isnt a fan. But to say he is an all encompassing Star Wars fan would be inaccurate. He is an OT fan, nothing more.

As such. If I publically bash a business transaction or product a company did, no way would they hire me as an employee. Why should he be any different? He goes out of his way to rip the prequels. That is his perogative, but he shouldn't expect to be hired by LFL to be in the franchise. Its dumb enough Lucas let him be in TWC.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Interesting article. It didn't really reveal too much that we didn't know already or have been kicking around ourselves on this forum for weeks, but it was still a nice read. Thanks for the link!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    All encompassing fan, there is a label absolutely no one is aspiring for.

There is no fan grading system.

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I think you misread that article. Read the tittle in conjunction with the colon. It describes his feeling for the PM and SW in general. There are plenty of peole here that hate not only the PM but the entire PT. But they are still Star Wars Fans. A fan does not have to give his unconditional support to everything in the SW universe.

10. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    These rumors smell like BS to me.I would like Cuaron to be involved but unless multiple sources are confirming this and official sources don't deny it I'm taking it as someones wish.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I wouldn't discount them completely, either. It’s just that, if you read this new article carefully it literally says nothing. And I mean nothing at all. Even the Alfonso Cuaron thing doesn't sound like they're "dropping a scoop", but rather what they would like to see happen. Same with the Simon Pegg thing. Honestly, apart from those two sentences they say nothing else. Just looks like they're looking for traffic. Again.

It’s getting a bit annoying, really. All these websites are coming out saying things that we all guessed would happen via common sense (“OMG, our new scoop confirms that Luke Skywalker is returning!!!”). So? Everyone and his mother already guessed that there was a very good chance of that happening. Until a website actually comes out with something more concrete, something that no one has talked about prior, like a plot-point or a new character, then I’ll be interested. However, I’m kind of hoping that doesn’t happen. As I said, it just looks as though a lot of websites are taking this opportunity to get some much needed traffic.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I tell you, I smell a Supershadow here.... [face_sick]

13. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I tend to agree, it's probably nothing. As was pointed out earlier, Simon's link to both JJ and Star Wars makes him a natural person to speculate about.

14. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Could not agree more. Pegg does not need to be a part of the new SW. He should stick to his lousy Scotty impression that he does for Trek.

15. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    It's one thing not to like something but to criticize it in the most destructive way possible just flat out bashing and ripping to shreds, it just contributes nothing and personally I wouldn't want someone with that mindset anywhere near the sequels.

Samnz, stormcloud8 and darthgator1217 like this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree with you on that point. The thing with Pegg is that one never knows whether he is serious or not.

eDisc likes this.
  17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Dear everything, please, no. Pegg's a piece of feces.

18. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Simon Pegg? So after twelve years of eviscerating George Lucas and his prequels, he gets in.

My interest diminishes by the week.

Krueger and Gallandro like this.
  19. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Pegg is a douche, that's already known. What bothers me more, oddly, is the possible involvement of Cuaron. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a director, but he's an even further example of the JJ Abrams problem of having completely the wrong style for "Star Wars".

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    IS TF.N so desperate for news that they put this bit of garbage on the front page? *shakes head*

21. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I love how the article of the MTV blog article about Pegg starts oit by stating he enjoys TPM, but then resorts to agreeing with everything Pegg says and admits he hates 99% of the movie except for DOTF at the end. Not only is Pegg garbage, but that article is contradictory and garbage. Its the old its good.....but in reality its "really bad" proclaimation. People literally have no clue about the prequels. They want to say they like them, but then are afraid to just say it so they give them all kinds of back handed compliments sometimes. The negative vocal minority has literallly scared anyone and everyone into claiming the prequels are crap despite the fact they might think there is alot to like about them. Bunch of garbage.

22. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    It might not hurt to have someone with a different perspective around. Doesn't mean that you have to follow their advice but asking killer questions during the filming making process may help. An example which didn't bother me was the perception of racism (brought up by Pegg in the video) in The Phantom Menace which centered around the Nemiodians, Jar Jar and Watto. Now I don't see it as racism about the characters have been portrayed they way they have but I understand why others have misinterpreted those characters as stereotypes. If you have someone like Pegg around who has the balls to ask the difficult questions before the sequences are locked down and prints of the film are made. Moan has its place. I agree with many of Simon's points but I don't agree that there are no redeeming features. Visually TPM and the PT is stunning and still holds up today.

Simon Pegg is a fan of Star Wars. I don't think the PT was made as well as it should have been but I still enjoy watching the three films over and again. I like aspects of the EU, I think a lot of it is crap and conceited. I know plenty of fans on here who prefer the EU to the films and fans who don't like Star Wars. That he is so vocal about the PT is a sign that he is a fan and wants the story to be created with more quality in certain areas.

23. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    It's too bad there weren't people like Pegg around during the making of the PT instead of a bunch of Lucas yes men. They might have turned out better.

yodasbum and kubricklynch like this.
  24. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    people actually dislike Pegg? wtf? he's a legend. i'd welcome him in any capacity.

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  25. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I would welcome him, as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.