main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Alfonso Cuaron and Simon Pegg Rumor and Some Possible Plot Detailes.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rancorrr, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So are some people basicly saying if you don't like the prequels then you can't be in a Star Wars film? Wow.

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Agreed, Claire. As a prequel apologist from way back, I've long since accepted that an unavoidable part of the ST era is going to be about Gen-X-ers reacting to their disappointment with the PT. It's just going to happen. There's going to be passive aggressive snark about Han shooting first and midiclorians. I just hope they get the butthurt out of their system, so that we can all move on and enjoy Star Wars.

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If your interest is diminished by baseless rumors I'm afraid you'll be burning copies of all Star Wars related material within a year.

4. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    For those of you who don't like Simon Pegg, this should make you happy.

@simonpegg
    No idea where this silly rumour about me attached to the new Star Wars film came from but I can confirm that it's absolute Bantha poodoo. "https://twitter.com/simonpegg/status/306480440921964544">February 26, 2013

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Hey it took me watching episode 1 eight times in theaters to realize and admit to myself it wasnt nearly the movie it could have been (still saw it twice more in theaters and Im not talking in 3D, I meant within weeks of it releasing). I fully admit now that it still gets this Star Wars fan giddy every time I watch it even though it is bad (I just finished watching ep 3 moments ago and marathoned the other previous prequals in fact). That said as a film fan, I cant help but HATE the prequals at the same time, for reasons mentioned Im assuming on this site a billion times over by now. Point isI suspect fans who claim only true fans love/like the prequals are in both a state of denial and filling in blanks they wish to see(same reason I prefer KotOR II over KotOR I in fact ). Yes in some ways The prequals are better subjectivly, that said the OT overall is the superior trilogoy hands down.BTW insulting someones fanhood is just asking asking for trouble and needing to be blasted. Now calm down prequal fans, its not like the ST was ever going to be like the PT anyways, the old republic died a long time ago, but relax soon enough someone will revist tnat time period, your desires as fans will be sated soon enough.

yodasbum and KilroyMcFadden like this.
  6. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I could easily see Pegg in some sort of periphery Wedge like character. But I don't think Pegg will be a major player in these movies if he is involved at all.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    My greatest fear is that Abrams will use some of his Star Trek cast. That's the reason why I don't want to see Pegg or anyone else from Trek. There are plenty of actors out there. Also, I kind of hope that Abrams sticks with the SW tradition of casting relative unknowns or renowned thespians over "stars".

8. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I never said it was because he didnt like them. Its because this guy goes OUT OF HIS WAY to publicly bash and belittle them. Want a job acting in the new Star Wars? Dislike the PT all you want, just dont go out of your way to publically bad mouth them. That is the difference.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Is it just me or does it seem like the people who claim hate TPM and the Prequels in general always also claim to have seen them just short of or into the double digits? I loved that film, but I only saw it twice while it was in theaters, same with AOTC. Granted, maybe I would've seen it more times if I had a driver's license, but I had one for ROTS and only saw it 6 times, and then it was mainly to see it with friends who hadn't.

10. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What about that Warner Bros./Bad Robot Prod./NBC project. To me it sound like it could possible be about Alana Solo. Wait I'm not in the EU thread. (Runs away)

11. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    How is this relevant? I hate me some PT and I'm a Huge SW fan!

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  12. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    You mean you are a huge OT fan.

JainaSoloYJK, Samnz and rezpen like this.
  13. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    lol. I love Star Wars, you are welcome to be in denial about that. ;)

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    To me it doesn't matter if you hate the prequels or not. As long as you dont destroy SW7 interviews with ranting. Like if a person asks ya "What is your favorite scene in the originals" dont go ranting on how the prequels destroyed every one of your favorite scenes in the originals. Keep the ranting for BEFORE you get cast, not afterwards. Then you kinda have to BS your way through and pretend you love everything.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    It was easily the best one. None of the other films even came close to capturing the world of the books the way his did.

DarthPancho likes this.
  16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    In my case it was the advantage of living in a divided family, Mother and Father (both fans too) took me independently to see it several times each so I had that advantage over you. Also me and my dad are film nuts, I've seen one movie 42 times in theaters (nothing Star Wars related) and I worked in a theater at the time too, so I saw it free.

That said I can only speak for myself when I say Im being truthful here, I cant speak for others, nor can I speak for an apperent multitude of times you claim to have heard this before. However I can say what you seem to be arguing is a Strawman Fallacy. Simply put, I am not them or you, so it is quite possible I haveseen thee movie as many times as I said and to imply I didnt because others maybe lying too since they said something similar is pure conjecture.

17. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    I LOVE the Die Hard series, but loath the most recent installment. Am i not a fan of the series because i dont pretend to like crap when i see it? I love star trek but thought several of its series and movies were pretty awful. Does that mean i cant say i'm a star trek fan?

Peggs hatred of the Phantom Menace makes him the best kind of fan - one who's not a moron. TPM is a completely horrible movie. I never ever, ever watch it. I tried recently and decided to just skip to the final battle sequence. I played on my ipad during every part of that sequence except for the lightsaber duel. Its a horrible, horrible, horrible movie. I dont want to divert the thread in to a prequel bash - i just wanted to vehemently disagree with your statement that he's not a fan because he hated TPM.

18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Interesting that Plagueis, a relatively (seemingly) unimportant character is mentioned along with the likes of Yoda, Palpatine, Boba, etc.

Perhaps our suspicions of his presence in the ST are... correct.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's good to know that you don't like the film and that you think anyone who does is a moron. So I guess I'm a moron because I absolutely love the film or could it be I simply have different tastes in movies. Nah that's not at all possible, I must be a moron. :rolleyes:

21. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    As someone who hates George Lucas's versions of the PT, I can say that I went to see his version of TPM 5 times the first week and 3 times over the rest of the run because I wanted desperately to like it. After that, I gave each of the other movies 2 tries in the theater before giving up. I've seen one particularly brilliant fan edit of these movies that fix most of the problems more than 10 times each and find them quite enjoyable.

22. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    If Simon Peggy is involved as a script writer or development I'd worry because whilst his films are funny and entertaining they have no substance they are bubble gum.

As for Simon the actor I don't want just because he is JJ's mate. But I wouldn't just rule him out because Eve's been in Star Trek either. If he's right for the role the damn right he or anyone else should get the job.

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Since Pegg "debunked" it I am reminded of this new sad fact: Since this is JJ Abrams we'll never know if any actor is telling the truth since Abrams is known to have actors lie about their involvement/what they know. Damn you Abrams! :mad:
    but I doubt Pegg is involved

24. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Bullet: Dodged.

[​IMG]

DarthPancho and lbr789 like this.
  25. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    1.) That sounds about as mature as Pegg manages to appear :rolleyes: .
    2.) Why did you write these pointless four sentences before then?

Oh no, not again. It would be a sad world where an artist was not allowed to make the movies he wants to make...
    I'm sad rather there weren't people in Pegg's life that taught him something called "respect".
    btw. "turned out better" = "turned out my way". But, you know, get on with your own movie!

Nobody said that. It's not about what you like, it's about how you deal with it.
    But if you want to make a point out of nowhere, fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.