main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Alias Discussion Thread - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Ok season opener was pretty cool although I felt myself not caring about Sydney and Vaughn at all. I was stoked about Dixon, as most of you know, and intrigued by Sloane. I didn't like Marshall's girlfriend, I think she was a little rough to such a cool guy. But here's what I think about it all:

1 - I think Sloane flipped the switch on Sydney turning on the secret assassin like we saw in the first season with the guy in the looney bin.

2 - I think Sloane is still bad, very bad. I also think the Rombaldi device gave him some power of divination. I don't think it was coincidence that he knew all that about Sydney. Or he implanted a chip in her like was implanted in him that recorded everything she says.

3 - Vaughn's really a little girl and I hope he leaves the show.

4 - I found it a little odd that Sydney was an enemy of the state, walked right in to the CIA and blackmailed that guy to get her dad out of jail when he could have arrested her and took the plans anyway. Was that a little bit of a stretch to anyone else?

5 - I hope they focus more on the Rombaldi/Sloane stuff along with Syd's mom or this season may be going downhill for me. I don't know exactly what it is, but I don't have the Alias fever for the time being.

2. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I totally agree with the Sloane still being bad scenario..... I mean how could a guy like that make a complete 180 because of the word PEACE!!!! whatever..... Um....Vaughan...yeah....not too cool with me but he's still Michael Vartan which means I still love him, in the start of the episode I was actually thinking, "Wow, I hope he is a clone so that he and Sydney can get back together.".... yeah the walking into CIA headquarters when you're an enemy of the state thing tripped me out too, and also Sydney never asked for her warrant to be taken off when she got her dad out of prison, if i was Lindsey I would have said, "Yeah, you're dad can leave but you have to take his place..." .... Also, I don't remember her asking for her dad to get his job back and I thought it was a little weird that the moment he got out of solitary confinement he went right back to work for the CIA..... um... oh yeah....maybe it's just me but Jennifer Garner is not the least bit cute when she's all mad and weepy (like in the scene where she chews out Vaughan) she looks icky.... I hope there are no more scenes like that..... Oh, and I'm glad Will made it out of the fire alive, I dig Will.... but not as much as I dig Vaughan..... can't wait for the rest of the season, too bad i'm going to be in Spain for the last half of it.....

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    C'mon. Sloane has had a change of heart. He's a good man, now. You heard him, feeding 3 1/2 million hungry children and doing cancer research.... NOT!

I think that it was implied the the 'deal' that the enemy of the state thing be taken off Syd and her dad get her job back. It could have happened 'off camera', as not everything needs to be shown to the audience when you only have 1 hour.

Plus, I think that Dixon arguing that the enemy flag (hee hee) be taken off Sydney helped her walk in. And you know she was followed, in any case. And scanned for weapons. Hey, if Irena can walk right in and turn herself in, why not?

I agree that Marshall's little friend is too harsh on him. I don't like her either.

Marshall's poem was killing me!

4. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    About sloane, I'm sure he does do good things like feed kids and such, however, as far as his reasearch goes, lets take a look at a movie called Resident Evil... those guys were good on the surface (umbrella corp) but underneath it all they were doing research on weapons, biotechnology, and something else evil... Sloane has a good front going, but i think underneath it all he is doing research into evil not good things....

Sydney: I havent cared about her since season 2, and my previous statement that all she does is cry every episdoe still stands, cause she cried twice last night, and Im sure she'll cry again next week... I dont care if she has a good reason to cry, she is still crying, which makes me mad at the writers for having to put a tear or two in every episode..

Marshall: Yeah the girl is dumb, she needs to change her attitude quickly.. Usually I would say just kill the person, but I dont want to put marshall through that much pain... and I am SO EXCITED to see the episode where he is all cowboyed up and goes on a mission with sydney and plays poker...

Vaughn: I liked him the very first time I saw him.. Talon made a comment that he was bummed when they first hooked up cause it took away all of the tension, well if that show realized they made a mistake doing that, they sure changed it on us. I am glad that something different happened, other than the two of them just kissing all the time cause that got old. So now it seems he goes back tot he CIA, and somehow his wife is involved in a case or two as we see her working with Sydney. But I am glad that he didnt marry Alice, she was ugly.

Weiss: I'm glad he got a bigger part in the season premire, and from the looks of it, it would seem he has a bigger part in general, which is a good thing.

Sark: No news on him yet, but his name is on the opening credits, which means he'll be on this season. I do agree that his coolness went downhill season 2, and I hope they make up for that this season. (remember, his name is David Anders and he is 22 years old)

Will: Glad he's alive, I was kinda hoping he would be all in the CIA, cause the couple of episodes where he was actually at the meetings were really cool.. however, if he was all in the CIA i would have thought that he would have been there with Sydney in the very beginning.. which was odd to me cause they showed her back home for at least a few days, but in none of those days did she try to contact her best friend will?

Jack: Great character, glad hes back and stuff.. yeah it was wierd how they gothim back, it seemed like the writers just kinda threw something together to bring him back. and he looks gross with a big beard and stuff... Its good to see him and sydney all father daughter lovey and stuff, that warmed my heart.. although if i learned one thing about this show from the first 2 seasons, nothing good ever lasts, so im sure something will happen in a few episodes that makes her hate him again for a while...

I wonder if they are going to drag this whole "i dont know where I've been for the last 2 years" thing for the entire season? By the looks of next weeks previews it seems like they give the answer next week, but that would be kinda a letdown to find out after only one week. But also, I would not want to wait for the entire season to find out what happened.... although it now marks the official 3rd season and we still dont know what the heck Rembaldi was up to.

All in all I dont think it was the best episode, I found myself walking away a bit disappointed, although I couldnt really explain why, I just had that feeling like "thats it?" maybe its cause Im used to watching it for 13 hours straight and only 1 hour just didnt feel like enough.. I dont know... but im looking forward to this season.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Congrats to Gerson Sith who had the highest score in the Alias triva contest, and won the complete set of Alias Trading Cards.

And congrats to Darkstar who knew (as he wrote above) Sark trivia.

Gerson, did you ever take those with you, or are they still at my place?

6. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I have them and am very proud of my victory. I did not expect to win although others may have seen it coming. I felt that the questions were challenging and fair. I thought for sure that Darkstar's Sark knowledge had edged me out, but my attention to Ewokese and Jen Garner movies won the day. Thank you Talon.

7. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Indeed it was tricky, and without Sark I'd be down at the bottom, but alas Gerson usually wins everything

8. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I just discovered something interesting and thought i'd share... Marshall was in a couple of big movies with not big parts though... now i have to watch them again to see him.. hes in the rock as an uncredited tourist and gone in 60 seconds as "intern #2" i gotta watch these movies now... well they're good movies too...

9. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I was upset that they didn't show Will at all or explain how he managed to climb out of the bathtub with a stab wound in his belly AND escape a fire without trying to help the "Sydney" that died in the fire.

And what happend to the Francie clone? They never really say yay or nay. Did she die til she was dead? Or was she wearing a bullet proof vest? Did she save Will?
    Because she totally has a crush on him...

I am also very intrigued by the Sydney in the video tape her father recorded. Is that the real Sydney or did Sloan make a clone? (heheehee I made it ryhme!)

About the Sydney chewing out Vaughn; I thought that was rediculous. Of course he got married! Was he supposed to remain celebat (sp?) for the rest of his life? It was two stinkin years! I think she will regret saying all those terrible things to him. He really seems to still care about her. BTW, his wife is really pretty, but she kinda reminded me of Sydney...perhaps now that Vaughn is married off and Francie is either dead or exposed for the fraud that she is, Sydney and Will will hook it up.

I am also of the belief that Sloan is evil, evil, EVIL! He could never have changed because of some box saying, PEACE!!! That was also rediculous.

But overall, I thought it was a success! However, I would have liked a two hour season premire.

10. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I think we'll see sparks fly between Sydney and Sark. That just makes perfect sense. Well not really at all, but in this show everything could make perfect sense.

11. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Dang you Gerson, thats what I was going to post... see I am living vicariously through Sark since he is only 3 weeks older than me... so for me to see Sark hook up with Sydney would be the same to me as if I hooked up with her... Well not really, but if i just try not to think about it too much, then its the same...

By the by, I had an Alias dream the other night that I grew up with Sark, and when I heard he was all bad I went to the CIA to help them, and they kept calling him Sark, and I was all "you mean steve?" ( I guess that was his first name in my dream) so i went on this mission with Sydney and I got in this action packed fight with Sark, then we both turned on Sydney and trapped her so she had to do something for us, I dont remember what it was, but it had something to do with sneaking info out of the CIA otherwise we were going to kill her. So in the end i was like Sarks old buddy who he called and asked to join the evil business with him, then i became a regular on the show.. it was fun...

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    STEVE SARK

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's awesome

13. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Darkstar, I think you may be thinking about Sark just a little too much.... hahaha!! Sark isn't your brother, he's your girlfriend!

BTW, speaking of brothers: mine finally got a job! isn't that the most incredible thing?
    He is now a Pizza Hut delivery boy. :)

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    which brother?

15. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    wait....don't delivery boys need like money for gas? and doesn't he like have to drive 2 hours to go to school? dude, Ekrin's never goign to have any money cause he's going to end up spending it all on gas!!!!!!

16. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Pretty much. But his school doesn't start until January, so he has three months to save up. As if... I bet that he wouldn't have saved up enough money for gas by then. He will spend it all on clothes and his girlfriend. But he worked five hours the night before last and made $12 in tips+75 cents every time he goes out+his pay (7 something). Not too bad really.

17. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    BTW, nick can't drive.

18. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    What did everyone think of Alias last night?

I am upset that we won't be seeing anymore of Will...that really sucks actually.

Syd looked really cool at that night club place!

Sucks that she killed the old guy so fast. I wonder what the nightmares will be about.

Vaughn made me mad. How could he? Syd should kill his wife.

19. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    My mind is reeling in the wake of the first two episodes of this season. I have no idea what to think. It used to be easy, there were two sides, the CIA and SD-6. Once in a while K-Directorate would show up and there were slight mentionings of Rembaldi. But now, there are so many things you have to take into consideration...it is out of control. I like it and I hate it at the same time. These are just a few of my mental ramblings:
    -I don't think that Will is out of the picture for good, they just haven't re-introduced him for this season yet.
    -What is going on with this whole "miss you business with mom and pop Bristow?
    -There is no way that two years of build-up in the whole Rembaldi plotline is going to end with "peace," that would be one of the worst cop-outs in history.
    -It really sucks the way they introduced Vaughn's wife:
    Sid: Do I still have feelings for Vaughn? Yes, of course I do.
    Vaughn's Wife: Hi, nice to meet you. By the way I'm Vaughn's wife.
    -"You kept your promise. You told me you would come back to kill me. You were always my favorite, you never broke." Wow, cool scene, but way too mentally frustrating.

There is a lot more, but that's all I have time for now.

20. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    while I agree there are cool things so far about these episodes, but so far i have walked away from them both going "hmmm... thats it?" I find myself not satisfied with what they are giving me... Im skeptical about the whole 2 year gone thing, i feel it was a cheesy way to just change the whole show around to keep it new and fresh, i mena think about it, what easier way was there to close certain chapters, or to keep an entire season fresh with an idea, slightly cheesy...
    Sydney is still a whiny baby, she should die and have everyone else be the main stars... its sad, before I watched the show, i had this celebrity crush on her, I was all like "wow she's dreamy..." but now that ive been watching alias, i dont find her all that attractive anymore... I find her annoying and whiny and girly...

Sloane is still cool, i really do want to know what the whole rambladi thing was... and I think there was more going on with Jack and his wife than they showed so far... Yay for Sark, although I'm not a big fan of the new haircut... Im glad Weiss has a bigger part, hes cool, and now hes her neighbor (that scene in last weeks episode where she was moving in, and the two of them were talking, reminded me SO much of felicity, if you've ever seen the show you should know what im talking about, and it didnt help with the fact that weiss was in teh show, and Sydney is the right age and look for that show too...)

ok i cant think of any more rants or raves... I just hope this season picks up cause so far im left wanting more, and not really caring much for the story they;re giving me... To me its on a fast path to start going dumb and cheesy, i just hope they dont drag this out for too much longer before they give us something new and cool and solid....

ok now im done..

peace

21. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    funny that you mention felicity, darkstar, because not only was weiss on the show and j.j. abrams the creator and writer and producer and sometimes director, BUT......sydney also had a small recurring role during the first and second season as noel's (scott foley, jennifer garner's ex husband) high school girlfriend, Hannah, the music student.....gosh i hated her, i thought she was sooooooo ugly and i wanted her to die......yes, my name is petra blakkwing, and i'm a closet fan of felicity...... oh and btw....i just finished the season one dvds of alias......i can't wait for season 2 to come out.....and darkstar i think this beats your record of watching the whole season in 5 days, i just did it in 4.......oh and who else wishes noah didn't die? am i alone there? oh and why does sloane wear two wedding rings....and axia are you just copying him??? (just kidding axia)

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I think Darkstar watched season 1 in 3 days...

23. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    no it was 5

24. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Petra would know... :D

25. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Whoa, i want to keep the record. I finished season One AND Two in 5 days.. yeah thats right Season 1 was 3 days and season 2 was 2 days.. so there! I win!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.