main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV ALIAS SEASON 4 PREMIERE - WEDNESDAY JANUARY 5TH!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jankarakk, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Just posting this in case you folks don't watch much tv....there's like a 2 episode premiere thing on Wednesday at 9...I have yet to see the commercial with audio since both times i've seen it i was at buffalo wild wings....but yeah...you've been informed now.

2. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    so did anyone watch this??? i watched most of it...i got home late and missed the first 20 minutes...someone...please fill me in.

3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    SPOLIERIFIC REVIEW

Well the premiere of Alias made me feel as if ol J.J had had a Bond fest right before writing this episdoe. First the thing with Sydney being kicked out of the CIA to join a secret faction of the CIA. Die Another Day anyone? Then theres the fight between the big guy and Vaughn on the train. It so Reminded me of the fight between Jaws and Bond in Moonraker. There was something else that was Bondish but I cant remember what it was.

Killing off Irina is just BEYOND LAME!! I know the actress didnt want to come back but I really loved her character and there was always a chance. Now there isnt. I really didnt like this Irina was just such a great character.

I cant decide if I like the new theme. It was short and simple. However, while they're flashing dozens of pictures of Sydney at me I find it difficult to concentrate. Further analysis is called for.

First 20 minutes Jan....? Well tit started out with her coming out of the bathroom on the train in that nighty and her seducing the scientist guy into opening the case with the isotope in it. Case opened. scientist knocked out. Running, kicking, kung-fu fighting...will have to continue this later, must go to work.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    As a Bond fan, Axia, did you like the Bond feel of the show?

5. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I have to say I enjoyed this episode. There were some cheesy factors that I wasn't too huge on, but I've waited so long to watch it I'd sit through just about anything.

It makes me laugh that at the start of every season they have to go to a new building, though this one does look the coolest. It makes me wonder what they'll do next season. Maybe Sydney will get reassigned to like another country, but what do you know, it just so happens that her dad, Vaughn, Marshall, Dixon and her sister got reassigned too... wierd.

I do like that Sloan has a more intrical part of the show. this season thus far reminds me of the first season, and I like the SD6 feel. and i really like that Dixon is back on the field. and that they brought Marshall back. Now I JUST NEED MORE SARK.

6. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Although the show is about spies and you cant get rid of the Bond-ness of it on that level this episode was just a little much I think.

I prefer the show have its own feel to it. But Im overly critical when I have to wait so long for something.

Also I like Sloan having a larger role again as well and I like how they addressed Dixon taking what was really a step down.

I dont like the new timeslot, on at the sametime as West Wing is a bad thing in my house. Those are the only two shows that my wife (West Wing) and I (Alias) are intractable on. why put something up against West Wing anyway? Thats not very smart.

7. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i think the new building would look a lot like a target commercial if they were all wearing red instead of black...that's waht i kept thinking throughout the whole thing.

i liked the beginning but i was kinda upset with the ending. why didn't syd just tell nadia that jack killed her to save syd's life? that would have been so easy.

me and petra think that vaughn is gonna snap in this season. he seems a little unhinged.

flippin marshall was really funny. im super glad they brought him in. now they just need wiess...

i really liked the fight scene in the train. both of them. there was some cool moves in the sydney fight. woo! im glad alias is back!

8. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i saw the whole isotope thing, but i didn't see from like 9 to 9:20ish.....the whole thing at the beginning with angela bassett or was that whole part just reviewing what happened last season?

9. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    no, sydney got "fired" and then joined the black ops. did you see the part in the goth club? The dude she was with is a guy who was in Felicity (yes, another one), he was Noel's slightly annoying (to him) resident advisee. That was a cool scene too. she pierced his ear. hehe

10. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    who saw it this week? i totally missed it. was playing halo2 and forgot that it is on wednesday now. im so very sad. my mom and petra have been telling me all about it tho. they said that marshall was pretty hilarious. boo for me. :p i won't miss it this week, thats for sure.

11. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I thought this weeks Alias was REALLY boring until the last 15 or 20 mins. Then it picked up.. then I stayed around and watched Wifeswap. that was a funny show.

12. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    can someone please give me a full rundown of what happened??? i was anavoidably detained at 41,000 feet ad 545 miles an hour or somethin like that at the time the show was on...so yeah...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.