Alice in Wonderland Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Seagoat
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm listening to a sample of it right now on Barnes and Noble online. Absolutely brilliant. It's magical, but not too strange. It gives you a sense of wonder and anticipation, but doesn't overwhelm you. This just might be Danny Elfman's best work yet. Not to mention Tim Burton's best movie. :p
  2. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    A friend of mine got the "Almost Alice" soundtrack - the one with the pop music - and it's actually quite good. The songs seem to fit the story and so forth pretty well. I haven't had a chance to check out the score yet, but will hopefully do so soon. I've heard a lot of good reviews thus far.
  3. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm kind of reluctant to try out Almost Alice, seeing as most of the groups that were singing those songs at the AIW event in LA looked like freaks. :p But I might break down eventually.
  4. Ranofer Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's not a bad recording at all. Like you said, it isn't terribly crazy and the music fits with the story well enough. I do wish though they would have done a remake of one or two of the old Alice in Wonderland songs...perhaps a dark "Painting the roses red" or something similar would have added to the story (since in some regards it is a continuation of the original story).
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, I've heard the actual score and it's pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned.
  6. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, the score's quite good. Brilliant themes, epic fantasy music. Better than the movie deserved for sure.

Not quite a 5-star score but not too terribly distant either.
  7. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Not only is it a brilliant score, but it's used incredibly strategically during the film, too. Case in point -- Alice's trip down the rabbit hole is made all the more epic by the score that accompanies her all the way down.
  8. Darth_Furio SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 8
    After watching the film, I really enjoyed it and the score was very fitting especially during the battle sequence.
  9. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, we've definitely gotten some good scores out of Elfman between 09 and 2010; the top two are Wolfman and Alice, and Terminator: Salvation wasn't terrible, either.
  10. darkerdave Jedi Youngling

Elfman has always been a firm favourite of mine, I've been a fan ever since Batman in 1989. Although he did kind of repeat himself with the other Batman soundtracks - he has now peaked again with Alice. Hope there's more to come!
Moderators: Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.