main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Alice in Wonderland Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I'm listening to a sample of it right now on Barnes and Noble online. Absolutely brilliant. It's magical, but not too strange. It gives you a sense of wonder and anticipation, but doesn't overwhelm you. This just might be Danny Elfman's best work yet. Not to mention Tim Burton's best movie. :p

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    A friend of mine got the "Almost Alice" soundtrack - the one with the pop music - and it's actually quite good. The songs seem to fit the story and so forth pretty well. I haven't had a chance to check out the score yet, but will hopefully do so soon. I've heard a lot of good reviews thus far.

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I'm kind of reluctant to try out Almost Alice, seeing as most of the groups that were singing those songs at the AIW event in LA looked like freaks. :p But I might break down eventually.

4. Ranofer

Ranofer Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2004
    It's not a bad recording at all. Like you said, it isn't terribly crazy and the music fits with the story well enough. I do wish though they would have done a remake of one or two of the old Alice in Wonderland songs...perhaps a dark "Painting the roses red" or something similar would have added to the story (since in some regards it is a continuation of the original story).

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, I've heard the actual score and it's pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned.

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Yeah, the score's quite good. Brilliant themes, epic fantasy music. Better than the movie deserved for sure.

Not quite a 5-star score but not too terribly distant either.

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Not only is it a brilliant score, but it's used incredibly strategically during the film, too. Case in point -- Alice's trip down the rabbit hole is made all the more epic by the score that accompanies her all the way down.

8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner star 8 VIP - Game Host

Apr 17, 2008
    After watching the film, I really enjoyed it and the score was very fitting especially during the battle sequence.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, we've definitely gotten some good scores out of Elfman between 09 and 2010; the top two are Wolfman and Alice, and Terminator: Salvation wasn't terrible, either.

10. darkerdave

darkerdave Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2010
    Elfman has always been a firm favourite of mine, I've been a fan ever since Batman in 1989. Although he did kind of repeat himself with the other Batman soundtracks - he has now peaked again with Alice. Hope there's more to come!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.