main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Alien races allied with the Empire?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gorefiend, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I was just skimming through the Wookieepedia and was rather surprised no one ever made a list of Alien species that we know where more or less willing supporters of Palpatines Empire. So why not give it a go, so someone can add the list to Wookieepedia later :)

Ailon
    Chevins
    Hutts
    Trandoshans
    Umbarans

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The terrorist organization calling itself the "Rebel Alliance" represented only a near-insignificant portion of the galactic population. The vast majority of alien races acknowledged and embraced their role in His Imperial Majesty's New Order, which is likely why no attempt to index them has been made until now. Their numbers are too vast to calculate.

3. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    That’s why it would be a list of the ones we know off :p sure the Empire has more or less mass support, though most of it will be more along the lines, of “we don’t mind this new face of the Republic too much”, than we embrace it with all our heart.

4. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't say the Hutts were supporters of the Empire. They maintained their own territory, had their own interests, violated Imperial law, had the Empire seize some of their worlds and every now and then threw some credits the Empire's way in exchange for their independence. I doubt very much that the Hutts particularly care what government is in power, just so long as they can make a profit off it and maintain their independence.

But apart from that, great topic! Just off the top of my head I can think of the Yagai, the Flakax, the Swokes Swokes, the Mustafarians (at least, Empire at War seems to maintain that they were loyal to the Empire), the Umbarans, the Tunroth (Begrudgingly after being saved from the Lortan Fanatics), the Neimoidians (at least in TFU II, although this is probably cowardice as opposed to loyalty) and possibly even the Xi Char since Haor Chall was absorbed by the Imperial loyal Sienar and Charros later became a fortress world, although this is admittedly speculation on my part.

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Let's not forget the Sullustans, either.

6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Most Moffs also seemed to be rather fond of violating Imperial law ;) so I would not make that too much off a qualifier. The Empire seems to accepted than as a kind of Vassal state, a status the Hutts seemed to be fine with as well and engage in active diplomacy and trade with them, supplying labor, resources and funding. Though of course not all of them.

Xi Char would indeed make sense, sadly it never gets brought up again what happend to them.

Hmm weren't Mustafarians and Neimodians pretty much forced into cooperation with the Empire, kind of like the Geonosians?

Ailon
    Chevins
    Flakax
    Hutts
    Sullustans
    Swokes Swokes
    Trandoshans
    Tunroth
    Umbarans
    Yagai

Almost forgotten about them [face_plain] though they do seem rather divided on the topic as time goes on, but they seem to back the Empire more than not.

7. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Muuns. Zabrak.

8. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Everytime The Loyal Imperial posts, I keep thinking "I didn't make that post" and have to read the name under his avatar since I used a Cronal one myself before :p

Herglics weren't allies but surrendered quickly after the Empire uh... showed them the error of their ways which soured their reputation afterwards.

9. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Didn’t they resist the Empire so fiercely they got bombed too subsistence living?

Didn’t they fight against the Empire until massive looses just forced them to submit?

Some more from memory.
    Devaron backed the Empire so much that had their own Army kill civilians that protested against the Emperor.
    The Rodian government was supported by the Empire and would regularly lend them Bounty Hunters and was also a weapons manufacturer for the Empire.
    Zygerrians where major forced labor suppliers to the Empire and closely involved with them.

Ailon
    Chevins
    Devaronians
    Flakax
    Muuns
    Hutts
    Rodians
    Sullustans
    Swokes Swokes
    Trandoshans
    Tunroth
    Umbarans
    Yagai
    Zygerrians

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Looking at the list....isn't kind of odd how many of these are CIS supporting races? The Empire came down hard both on aliens and on former CIS worlds, so you think more of them would throw their lot in with the Rebel Alliance, but the Geonosians are the only ones I know did so. Matter of fact, many Rebel species were staunch Republic loyalists in the Clone Wars. How very odd.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Let's not forget the Habeen.

12. Black Sun 4 Life

Black Sun 4 Life Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2012
    There was a race that worshipped Palps, which one was that?

13. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    the Noghri? (in a way...)

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Not really, many of the CIS supporters are in it for financial gains or local political concerns, things the Empire can offer them just as well. I am sure the Trandoshans will back pretty much anyone that can’t stand the Wookiees and gives them a economic boost. Zygerrians would be also fine with anyone who would hate the Jedi and allowed them their slaving businesses.Other less cooperative CIS races did suffer rather harshly from the Empire.

They would be more opposed to what the Emperor was turning the Republic into than anyone else.

The Tiss'shar own major manufacturing and support the Empire quite readily.

Ailon
    Chevins
    Devaronians
    Flakax
    Habeen
    Muuns
    Noghri
    Hutts
    Rodians
    Sullustans
    Swokes Swokes
    Tiss'shar
    Trandoshans
    Tunroth
    Umbarans
    Yagai
    Zygerrians

15. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Odd IU, but obvious OOU, with the CIS and the Empire being the "bad guys" for their respective eras. So of course they would attract all those "bad" aliens... [face_alien]

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    GrandAdmiralJello.

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    SoroSuub allied with the Empire, but the majority of the population wasn't loyal. Sullustans in general were either apathetic towards the Empire or against SoroSuub like Nein Nubb, Sian Tevv, and other Rebel Sullustans.

--Adm. Nick

18. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    I was thinking of the several Zabrak to be found serving the Empire in Galaxies, including, I believe, such eminences as a grand inquisitor and a fleet admiral. Certainly they exceed in number the Imperial representatives of any other species that comes to mind.

While the Zabrak of Iridonia and its closer colonies fiercely resisted Imperial rule, perhaps the wider galactic population was more accommodating.

Alternatively, it could be a situation analogous to that faced by the Kel Dor in Legacy.

19. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I suspect that many of the Republic loyalist species that joined the Alliance were from worlds that joined the Delegation of 2000. Basically, what Gorefiend said.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I wish there was a bit more consistency between the CIS and the Rebellion. They ought to make common cause. Sadly for out of universe reasons, the bad guys are always bad guys. It's unfortunate, because I could see a lot of thematic resonance between the honest-to-goodness seppies and Rebels, as well as perhaps even support from the revanchist sorts. Sadly that's not to be. We can take Jason's explanation from Warfare: the Rebels, many of whom fought for the Republic in the Clone Wars, were just unwilling to associate their cause with separatism. It makes sense, it works, and it's a great explanation--it's just unfortunate that it had to be that way.

Dr. Steve Brule, Zeta1127 and RC-1991 like this.
  21. Black Sun 4 Life

Black Sun 4 Life Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2012
    Then you are a Krytollak?

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh nice find Black, had totally forgotten about them. And Nick makes a good point, so Sullustans are of the list.

The Coynites supported the Empire with Merc troops on mass.

Ailon
    Chevins
    Coynites
    Devaronians
    Flakax
    Habeen
    Krytollak
    Muuns
    Noghri
    Hutts
    Rodians
    Swokes Swokes
    Tiss'shar
    Trandoshans
    Tunroth
    Umbarans
    Yagai
    Zygerrians

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, what an upstanding and fantastic species. They are almost human in their sensibility.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  24. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    The Caridans

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Guess we can add the Nami, after a fashion.