main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Alien rerelease

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I read recently the Alien re-release was coming out Oct. 29 and on more than a thousand screens. I just read the run was being reduced to 350 screens, which probably kills the chances of it coming to IF. Do you guys know if it is coming there or not?

2. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I will get an answer for you sir.

3. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Let's all go to this if it does in fact come to Boise...it's a sci-fi/horror classic.

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I saw an interview with Ridley Scott once where he said seeing Star Wars made him want to try his hand with a science fiction movie, so it is kind of related. plus it opens with the Fox logo. And afterward Scott made a movie with Harrison Ford.
    Plus I read some of the newly mixed soundtrack on this director's cut includes sounds created by Ben Burtt.
    I hope it makes it to IF, but if not I'm making a road trip. It is a classic and I think it still holds up well today.

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    talkec to a person this morning that said they will have a copy of this movie

6. NewBoiseOrder

NewBoiseOrder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    How many of you in the club are planning to attend this if it should release here? Remember the pricing considerations as the IMAX does cost more than the regular screen.

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm in!!! I believe the Cmd. and Jar Jar may be in to, but I'm not sure yet. Gang?

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Its not on IMAX Please have your facts straight. Its in regular format. Hey NBO how do you know so much?

9. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    Lets go, I am in. I have honestly never seen this movie and now I have a chance to see it on the big screen, I can't wait.

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    So this isn't going to be on the IMAX?

11. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Are you guys sure its coming. I've checked Fandango and there is nothing and from what I understand it is released tomorrow. I'm wondering if Boise got axed when the lowered the amount of screens it is playing on.

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Nothing offical yet, so I am beginning to think it isn't playing here even though I was assured it was by a member of management. Edwards strikes again.

13. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I read somewhere it was going to be on 1,200 screens than it was cut to 300, which is weird, cause I think alot of people would have gone to see it. I really think Fox underestimated the popularity of the film. I guess I will have to wait for the Alien Quadrilogy set to be released to see that new cut.

14. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I can say this for sure that its not playing here, since its wednesday and its not here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.