main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alien species

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi_Jason5001, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    When you're writing a story and you mention what species a race is, do you captilize the species' name or not?

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I think so. It is the name of a race (like the name of a planet and so on), so I assume that you would capitalize it.

However, don't take my full word on it, rather wait until people with better grammar then I come along :)

Kit

3. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    I know proper names and places are capitalized but lets say i said this: the twi'lek Randy ran away. now would i stil capitalize twi'lek or not?

4. Moogle

Moogle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    I don't think I've ever seen a Star Wars novel where the names of alien species weren't capitalized. And I suspect if I read something where alien names weren't capitalized I'd be confused.

-Moogle
    Wookiee v. wookiee - no contest

5. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah thanks Moogle I was sort of thinking the same thing to myself, after typing up "noghri" it just didnt look right so i went and changed it back to "Noghri". At least, I hope that is the right way to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.