main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alien Three Marines...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by abodeofthedamned, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abodeofthedamned

abodeofthedamned Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    Just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction in finding reference of the Colonial Marines in Alien 3.

There's any number of sites dedicated to the creation of Marine armor from Aliens, but reference from Alien 3 is next to impossible to come by. I've checked a couple of forums dedicated to Colonial Marine creation, but many have not been posted to since 2005.

The only starting point I have is this pic of the Marines helmet...

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/abodeofthedamned/Alien3MarineHelmet.jpg]

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I know it's been awhile and I only vaguely remember it, but I can't recall seeing any Marines in Alien^3. Weren't they stuck in the prison the whole time?

If any research exists, it would be sitting in the Alien section at A Site About Props.

3. Darthgordon

Darthgordon Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    yeah aside from a dead Hicks... which was pretty much just a broken cryotube....

4. abodeofthedamned

abodeofthedamned Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    The "Marines" appeared at the end of the film, when the company scientists arrived at the foundry. They were dressed kinda like snow troopers. They wore large padded suits, the afformentioned helms, a large white backpack and carried black pulse rifles (M41-B).

They may not have been marines at all, but something like Weyland Yutani enforcers.

Still, they looked kinda cool.

*Edit*

They were apparently Weyland Yutani Commandos.

Found some nice pics of a replica of the above helm, but still no pictures of the armor.

**Edit2**

Ok. Found one (after 3 hours of searching).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.