main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho ALIEN VS PREDATOR

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Just wanted to let anyone interested know that the trailer is online at quicktime.com. It doesn't show much, but the release date is 8-6-04.

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Just knowing it's happening is exciting... I just hope it's not a complete let down.

3. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I really hope it isn,t like Freddy vs. Jason and the eay it ended.

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I've been waiting for this since I picked up my first Dark Horse comic way back in 1990. Did anyone watch that featurette where the director talked about the plot and showed artwork. While there are naysayers, I think it sounds pretty cool.

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I think what I have heard so far is all good. The ffact that's its in present day time period is even better. I don't know if I was excited before I knew about this movie, but I am excited for it now.

6. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    I finally saw "Alien" on DVD this weekend. It was great. I have seen "Predator" as well. So I imagine the combination will be fantastic if done well enough. Too bad we have to wait until August.

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    My opinion is still the same, a movie like this can only really be real good or real bad. Hard to imagine an in between.

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I don't know...Alien 3 was an inbetweener. And Ressurection was just plain awful.

9. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    I've read the synopsis of the script and it doesn't look good so far, it's very far fetched, and messes with the continuity quite a bit. Then again, the optimist in me secretly hopes it's awesome... as with everything, what will happen, will happen.

10. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I was reading somewhere that the report on the script for AVP was a review for an early draft and that there has been numerous changes since then. I'm not sure how much of a comtinuity problem will be. some things I've make it sound like an Alien prequel. Especially with them casting Lance Henriksen, the guy that played Bishop. I hear the character's name is Charles Weyland. Which suggests he is one of the founders of the Weyland-Yutani corporation. So far it sounds interesting to me.

11. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I found a copy of the "script" online today. I hopr they have made changes because I am not sure that one id\s good enough. I saw the "Last Samuari" a couple of weeks ago and the audience laughed during the trailer. I hopr this movie isn't another "Mortal Kombat".

12. GeneralAntillies111

GeneralAntillies111 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    Blah, Blah, Blah more talk that isn't Star Wars!!!

13. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    There is a new featurette on the making of the creatures for AVP over at www.avp-movie.com. This thing is really looking promising!

14. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    There is a new featurette up at www.avp-movie.com. This one is about the actors and has an interview with Lance Henriksen on it. This is loooking very promising.

15. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Anyone see the new trailer just posted on the Internet and placed in front of some prints of Riddick. Holy crap that movie looks awesome.

16. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Looks VERY promising...that queen looked awesome, like right out of Aliens!!!

17. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I have a confession to make, I read the novel. That being said and no spoilers here either, this movie is gonna ROCK!!! I loved the book, can't wait to see it play out on film.

18. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Anyone know what rating this thing is gonna get?

19. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Not sure, I think Fox would like it to be PG-13. But I know writer-director Paul W.S. Anderson would have issues with that. Could be either at this point.

20. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    There's a novel????

21. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Yep, there is in paperback. I read it because i wanted to know if this movie was going to be worth it. I was sceptical of what the script might be like. I am happy with the story line.

22. Corni_Wisea

Corni_Wisea Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2003
    I wouldn't be suprised if it's rated R.

23. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I have seen three seperate TV spots the last couple of days that have really blown me away. This should be one of the best movies this summer I think.

24. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    It's official. The film has a PG-13 rating. This surprises me but I'm not real worried. The TV spots I have seen have me all kinds of excited.

25. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    As HUGE as the video game is, I figured on this being PG-13. I'm not sure what the big deal is with this rating seeing as two of the best movies of this year (Return of the King and Spiderman 2) were both PG-13, not to mention all five (and I presume all six) SW films that were rated PG. So there is a little less gore and language, I can live with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.