Aliens: 20 years later....

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by sith_rising, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    I just realized that it was 20 years ago that I went to see it with my dad and brother. I was in 6th grade, and it blew me away. I don't know how many times I've seen it since then, but it's STILL one of the most ripped-off movies ever, and nothing that has mimicked it has come close yet. Good job, James Cameron.
  2. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I think I was in either kindergarten or first grade when Aliens came out. When it came out on cable I got my dad to record it for me and we would watch it all the time. I love that movie.
  3. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i was only born that year it came out. however, i saw the first Alien and Predator movies when I was only about 9. i soon saw Aliens and was in love with the franchise
  4. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    I was 1.5 years old. I remember looking at the video case for several years because my aunt and uncle had it but my parents wouldnt let me watch it. I finally saw it my Freshman year in high school. I bought it while I was spending the week at my gramma's and watched it everyday. :) Definately a great movie, I love the pulse rifles, I even have a replica resin one. :D
  5. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    lucky. :p i was always a big fan of the Smartgun that Vasquez carried
  6. severian28 Force Ghost

star 5
    Its about being a mother.
  7. lorn_zahl Force Ghost

star 4
    [image=http://www.iespana.es/alien2001/graficos/Pers_gra/hudson.jpg]

Game over man!
  8. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    The Smartgun would be y weapon of choice if I was in that situation, that was my favorite weapon in the games.

Theres one thing that I have alwas wondered about in the movie, when they are all escaping through the vent shaft, I was thinking that they should have used flamethrowers. Can anyone think of a reason they didnt use it? Besides ofcourse if they did we wouldnt have had acouple more people die.
  9. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The flame throwers only seem to be useful against eggs and new borns. Against the adults, using one seems to be the equivelent of using socks in a gun fight.
  10. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 4
    Greatest action movie of all time, and also a prime example of imbuing a sense of dynamic individuality in pretty much every single supporting character. This film alone is a major reason why the Alien series is my favorite of all the well-known franchises.
  11. Only_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great movie. One of the best sfi movies ever[:D] The two first alien movies were awsome. The rest of em kind of sucked:(
  12. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    True, but they still would have been a good distraction. Even if they didnt actually hit the alien, it would have stayed a great distance away from them.
  13. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    I actually love Alien: Resurrection too.

Best bit, apart from all the great action has to be that computer, Father.
    All the previous ones had the maternal Mother, who would be half-hearted about her advise; a frelling nuclear explosion and she would be "You hjave twenty minutes to reach minimum distance", but I loved Father's no nonsense approach:

"We've been compromised on all these decks; so, um, get the frag out."
  14. Sniper_Wolf Force Ghost

star 4
    I enjoy the film quite a bit, but I'm in the minority by considering it the weakest of the four films. Reason I see it as the most popular because it is the most mainstream of the films.
  15. Syntax Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They actually got the voice actor for Father to record all kinds of new dialogue when they made the 'Alien Resurrection' videogame for the PlayStation (which wasn't bad at all, once you got used to the controls. In fact, it got downright scary at times). I still have a whole bunch of .WAV files from that game that I use for various Windows events, so every time my PC boots up, it's Father saying "This is Father", and every time it shuts down, it's him saying "Thank you for your cooperation". I've also got Father saying "Access restricted to crew personnel only", and a few other good ones.
  16. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    That game scared the crap out of me. It was bad when I got a facehugger on me and I didnt know what to do so I just cowered in the coner panicing.
  17. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i remember reading some fan fiction a couple years ago where Hudson actually survived after he was pulled under the floor. i really liked the design of the weapons in this movie, the dropship, and the APC. that'd be awesome to have a car like the APC, just driving it around.
  18. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    I've seen some awesome replicas of the weapons in Aliens - it would be cool to have a complete outfit for fancy-dress purposes.
  19. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    IT was my mission in life to make and/or buy a replica outfit, but since I was only a sophmore in high school and I was broke and my parents thought I was stupid, the closest I came to was me buying a resin replica pulse rifle off ebay.
  20. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i loved how they only had around 8 - 12 alien robots/costumes but the way they worked it out made it seem like 100 something aliens were in the movie
  21. BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Knight

star 1
    Drake-- we are lea*V*ing!

definitly the best action film.
    dropship and APC were kick@$$
    i love everything about it
  22. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    if i'm correct, i believe the dropship was designed by randomly putting pieces from a model apache helicopter kit together
  23. Syntax Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, there's never more than 6 Aliens on-screen at any one time. :)
  24. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    hicks said that, clicky .
  25. BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Knight

star 1
    LORD-WIZ

that is awesome! =D=

hicks is cool:cool:

hudson is the ulimate bad@$$
    we got nukes. we got knives, sharp sticks...

hes coming in. i feel safer already!

A-ffirmative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.