main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aliens in the Empire?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    And don't forget that there are no Black People in the Empire.

2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I would be inclined to say that was casting and such - at least, going by the movies - rather than an implication of racism on the part of the Empire. Although I do agree that there is distinct anti-alien sentiment.

Jes

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I also know why there are a few Aliens in the Empire. Because Vader does not discrimenate and the Emperor does.

4. deckyrd

deckyrd Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2004
    Yeah, the Empire is pretty much a Humans-Only club with a VERY few aliens present either A) only when they serve a specific purpose or B) they're so damn good at what they do they simply won't be ignored (like Thrawn).

Although my original thought when I saw the topic of this post was more akin to this response:

Good point! The Emperor could have saved himself a TON of money if he had simply made a few visit to LV-426 and picked up a queen.
    Consider the possibilities! Imagine the power in an Alien that burst out of the chest of a Jedi!

And on that note, it would have been cool to see a Predator delegation in at least one of the galactic senate scenes. Maybe next to the ET delegation, starting down at them hungrily... Maybe getting out a tape measure and taking some measurements of ET's skull and unusually long, telescopic neck... ;)

5. Darth_Compyraptor

Darth_Compyraptor Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2003
    I was never keen on the idea of the Empire being anti-alien, passing anti-alien legislation, sending them into slave labour and sending them to concentration camps. I find the idea too silly IMO. It's like, for example, the USA enslaving the world and sending all the british, chinese, russians, kenyans, japanese, french, germans, spanish etc. etc. to concentration camps and/or slave labour. Far too silly.

I reckon there are aliens in the Empire, just we don't see them. If George Lucas was making the OT today then I'm sure we would have seen aliens in the Empire.

6. deckyrd

Sep 4, 2004
    I find the idea too silly IMO. It's like, for example, the USA enslaving the world and sending all the british, chinese, russians, kenyans, japanese, french, germans, spanish etc. etc. to concentration camps and/or slave labour. Far too silly.

So... You never studied the Civil War in American history class?
    (slavery - blacks)
    Or the wild-wild west and railroad buildin' times of the late 1800's?
    (slave-labor conditions and prejudices - Chinese)
    Or the Californian Concentration Camps of WWII?
    (political prisoners and concentration camps - Japanese)
    Or the Laissei (sp?) Faire policies of early American Government?
    (persecution and genocide and massive relocation after relocation - Native American Indians)
    Or the taking of the Texas-territory or California territory?
    (mass genocide and persecution - Mexicans)
    Or the Revolutionary War?
    (post-war hatred and bigotry - British)
    Or the "battle against communism" in the 1960's and 70's?
    (trade embargo - Cuba)
    (invasion and forced political system - Vietnam)

Want me to go on?

7. Darth_Compyraptor

Darth_Compyraptor Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2003
    Here in Britain, we don't learn about the American Civil War or have American History class. I forgive you in advance for thinking me as an American. I know of atrocities committed in the past, but lets leave such discussion for the Senate chamber.

8. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    All deckyrd was doing, Darth_Compyraptor, was pointing out that the point you brought up as an explanation of why you find the idea silly wasn't really valid - not trying to start a discussion on American atrocities.

Jes

9. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    It would cut down on costs quite a bit to only have to make one general uniform structure in different sizes rather than accomodate uniforms for a wide variety of species.

10. deckyrd

Sep 4, 2004
    Sorry Darth_CompyRaptor, you're right and I shouldn't have assumed you were an American. My mistake.

However, Jesina is right in his/her assessment of my post. Couldn't have explained it better myself. ;)

11. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    It is because The Emperor hates them thats why they dont have any aliens in the Empire.

12. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    I think Palpatine uses anti-alien sentiment simply as the ideological basis for the Empire.Its a way to attract loyal servants.Palpatine as no intrest in creating a Sith Empire because he knows how that turns out(Kotor1&2- see Koribann)And nobody in the empire knows they are simply pawns for the Sith.Remember that Palpatine was fully willing to have Darth Maul succede him as the latest Sith Lord.

13. Evil_Otto

Evil_Otto Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 28, 2004
    Here in Britain, we don't learn about the American Civil War or have American History class. I forgive you in advance for thinking me as an American. I know of atrocities committed in the past, but lets leave such discussion for the Senate chamber.

No maybe not, but I as an English person know about much of what he's talking about through watching documentaries and movies.

14. saq428

saq428 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    Have you really looked under ALL the helmets?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.