main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aliens Vs. Predator The Movie!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DRK_HLMT, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Read about it here. It looks to be based on the video game. All I can say is "It's about friggin time!!"

2. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Hell yeah!! Two of my fav. movies come together. And the game rocked too. Now if they would just make Robocop Vs. Terminator. I guess I'll have to settle for T3 next summer. :D

3. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Sweet! :cool:
    Finally they make the movie...can't wait :D...

4. Galactic_Emperor

Galactic_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Man, i cant wait to see this movie. Its gonna be great to see them face to face in the big-screen.

5. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Somewhere some CGI animators going on 2 packs of cigarettes, 2 pots of coffee and no sleep.

I want his job :(

6. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!I have been waiting a long time for this movie. I hope its not dissapointing cause the videogame rocked. I wanna see those Predators kill those damn Aliens and behead the Queen :)

7. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Ever notice the Alien head on the ship in Predator 2? Maybe the aliens are the predators big game hunt. "lions and tigers and humans, oh my"

8. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I ain't holding my breath on this one...

Ever since the comic series came out about this, there has been talk of a movie being made. When Predator 2 came out with the Alien skull that fueled the fire BIG time. Yet, it's now only getting to the mainstream press.

Until I see it on the marquee at my movie theater I won't believe it.

If it's made right, it'll definitely ROCK!!

9. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Oh yea!!!

10. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Considering they're also supposed to be working on Iron-Man, Doom, and a few others...

Never read the comics. How exactly does the plot work? No dialogue, just the predator out looking for the alien?

Batman Vs Superman doesn't make much sense either... these two would fight because...?

Then again, like I said, haven't read the comics. But, I'll go see Alien Vs Predator, and skip Batman.

11. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    The batman vs superman works along the lines that they've both got very similar goals and ideology but have very different ways of going about it. Eventually they reach an irreconciable differernce on how to handle a situation, and one sees the other as getting in the way and not condusive to the problem. It's easier to compare a lesser known good guy like the Punisher vs. Spiderman. Both are after the bad guy but one will do anything to save the innocent while the others on a quest to rid the world of evil, and sometimes the innocent get trampled.

As for aliens vs predator, in the game (never read the comic) the predators show up on a human colony infested with aliens, and try to save the humans (who are less honorable to kill) from the aliens. If it was just aliens and predators there'd be a whole lotta subtitles going on.

12. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Hmmm. Subtitles for Aliens and Predators:

Alien: Screeech!!
    Translation:I'm gonna like totally kill you Predator dude!

Predator: Roar!
    Tranlation: Not before I rip that second mouth out of your head and shove it up your Censored.

13. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    They've been talking about that Batman Vs. Superman movie for years. In fact there are 4 Batman movies being talked about and even a Catwomen movie. I for one don't want another Batman movie if it's as bad as the last one.

14. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The bad news is that it's directed by Paul Anderson. Mortal Kombat was okay for a vidgame flick, but Resident Evil sucked the big one.

15. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, I hope it won't be a Mortal Kombat type film.

Alien: You will DIE!!

Predator: No, I may get injured, but you! You will DIE!

*cue techno dance music*

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> The bad news is that it's directed by Paul Anderson. <<

eh, he gets jabbed on too much I think. MK was decent, RE was entertaining in a popcorn-film way (and at least had the balls to end the movie on a bad note), but he did do Event Horizon, which was very solid.

Recent word mentions Bishop will make an appearance.

17. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, Event Horizon was rather good in its genre. If he does something a bit like EH, then it might be good. (Haven't seen RE, though...)

18. flyingseal

Mar 20, 2002
    Decent, entertaining in a popcorn-film way, rather good in its genre...I don't want any of this, I want to see a movie that can be compared to Aliens in quality.
    Sure Paul Anderson has got the style of movie making for this movie but does he have the quality ??? I doubt it...but if he does have it, then I hope he proofs it with this movie.
    Sorry, Paul Anderson just wouldn't be my first choice for directing...

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm not saying he's my first pick either, but he's also not the worst you could do either :):cough schumacher cough::). He has the talent, I think, to make good films when he has good material to work off of.

20. flyingseal

Mar 20, 2002
    I know you were only defending him from the bashing :p...
    And Joel Schumacher would have been indeed an awfull pick :D Although sometimes he can deliver a surprising good movie (Falling down, A time to kill) but most of the time he makes crap :D...

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  22. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    AVP ON FILM?!?!?! [face_shocked]

23. Rowland

Rowland Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    I thought Resident Evil was terrible. He did not even come CLOSE to nailing the RE atmosphere. Event Horizon is the only decent movie on his resume, and that is simply because the movie seriously freaked me out. I know it is not a good movie, by nearly any standard, but still, the movie had quite an impact. Too bad the credits had that horrible death metal, right after the very creepy ending. He is writing the script for AVP as well. I seriously hope he consults someone who might actually be able to translate the game to a movie format. He failed utterly with RE, and less so with MK, which was still a piss poor movie, but at least that had a sense of humor. We will see what happens...

24. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I hought mortal kombat one was a hit while 2 flopped?

25. Ketalis

Ketalis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    Imagine how cool it would be if it was directed by James Cameron or Ridley Scott. I think we're going to get another Alien Resurrection quality movie here sadly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.