main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aliens vs Predator - Who Ever Wins... We Lose

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    This left me weak in the knees

THIS IS SURE TO BE THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! I saw this during the Mtv Movie Awards and I almost fell out of my bed...ugh...what a good trailer...

EDIT by Krash: Thread title change...not so vague next time, please! And one spelling error.

2. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Dude You just found out about this?! My only problem with this movie is the director. Paul W.S. Anderson. He did:

Resident Evil (2002)
    Sight, The (2000) (TV)
    Soldier (1998) (as Paul Anderson)
    Event Horizon (1997) (as Paul Anderson)
    Mortal Kombat: Behind the Scenes (1995) (V)
    Mortal Kombat (1995) (as Paul Anderson)
    Shopping (1994) (as Paul Anderson)

Not a very good track record if my book.

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Looks pretty sweet! Should be interesting to see why they're fighting each other, and who wins. The cast looks somewhat lacking though, all a bunch of "n00bs", I don't see any all-star cast. Looks like the aliens/predators are gonna carry this movie.

And Bret, I gotta disagree somewhat, some of those movies you mentioned are brilliant. Resident Evil was great, considering the fact it was a video game tie-in. It didn't bomb like most other tie-ins do. And Event Horizon was one of the freakiest movies of the 90's I had ever seen, plus it starred Laurence Fishburne, who's a great actor. As for the other movies though, the Mortal Kombat movies tried to be good, but failed miserably. And the others listed I've never seen, although I heard Soldier, starring Kurt Russell, was horrid.

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Considering I haven't really seen any of the Aliens or Predator movies in their entirety... I'm actually more excited for Blade: Trinity, which also had a clip that was shown on the MTV movie awards yesterday. Plus today I got the first Blade on DVD for less than $10. :)

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I thought Event Horizon sucked. I had no idea what it was about.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Dude You just found out about this?!

No...I've been hyping this movie since it was first invisioned way back in 1996.

7. GenerationX7

GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2002
    It does look like a excellent movie, but looks can be deceiving. I'll go see it for myself and see if it lives up to the hype.

8. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Anrev - Peter Jackson's track record wasn't so hot before LOTR and look what he made (But I also thought Event Horizon stunk, too). ;)

I'm looking forward to this one.

9. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    As far as I know, Event Horizon was about a ship with a newfound ability to fold time and space, and instantaneously teleport through space, ...but something goes wrong and most of the crew is lost, so a rescue ship comes to look for survivors, and finds one. However, what they don't know is that ship actually teleported through Hell itself (using that as a noun, not a cuss word), and the ship is now possessed, and so is that lone survivor. Which explains all the crazy hallucinations, gory scenarios, and all that good stuff.

10. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Grn- Point. You would be correct.

Yeah thats what I understood about the flick but it still didnt make much sense. Its a good story idea, but they didnt have a great script. And Im not convinced in his story telling ability. But I'm still looking fwd to it. Of course I was looking fwd to Aliens Resurrection too. [face_worried]

11. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Hey! Aliens Resurrection was pretty good! And for a 3rd sequel it was better than most. I might be biased since it was written by Joss Whedon, but we still pop that one in the ol' DVD player on a cold/rainy day. :)

12. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I havnt seen it since it was in the theaters. I want to buy the DVD set. But mainly just for the 2nd one. The others I liked but not nearly as much. The 3rd was good but I hated what they did to Hicks and Newt. HATED! The 4th one was ok till the end with the baby hybrid. I'm glad this will be a fresh start.

13. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Aliens Resurrection was pretty good!
    I liked it, even the hybrid alien/mother relationship was at least an attempt at something different. Alien 3 (IMO) has to be the worse of the series. Cinematically, it's a very interesting film...and the scene with Ripley and the Alien has become one of the icons of the series; but it was just too far from what fans loved about Aliens.

Peter Jackson's track record wasn't so hot before LOTR
    Having seen "Meet the Feebles" (not something I'm proud of...it's really bad)...it's hard to believe the same Peter Jackson worked on these.

14. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    The 3rd was good but I hated what they did to Hicks and Newt. HATED!

Exactly!!! This ruined both Aliens and Alien 3 for me. They made a big deal in Aliens about the Ripley/Newt relationship and Ripey saving Newt at the end, and to kill her in the first five minutes of Alien 3 defeats the point of Aliens!

15. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Alien- ROCKED!
    Aliens- My favorite movie EVER!!!
    Alien 3- What was this carp?
    Alien Ressurection- This movie proves CGI is sooooo fake.

16. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    NEW TRAILER NEW TRAILER NEW TRAILER!!!!
    (EDITED AND REMOVED FOR SOME REASON IM NOT SURE OF YET)
    Best trailer yet!

Just go to Apples site and find it for your self.

17. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I think I'd rather see this.

[image=http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/07-02-04-faceoffs/Jolt.jpg]

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    That is freaking awesome Drew. I'd go see that.

19. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
  20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Alien- never seen the whole thing?
    Aliens- ROCKS!
    Alien 3- Frell that!
    Alien Ressurection- I like the "new" Ripley and aside from the mutant version of the Alien...classic sci-fi/horror movie!

I'm looking forward to this movie. Sounds like one of those classic "Godzilla vs Mothra" movies or "Spiderman vs Daredevil" comics. I had ZERO interest in "Freddy vs Jason"...just cause I don't like horror movies, but the showdown betwee 2 genres is a good concet.

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    1 week till AVP opens...who's up for meeting over @ Valleyview for some classic sci-fi!!!

AVP thread

I'm free (after 7pm) on both Saturday and Sunday, Fridays are still up in da air with RoP scheduling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.