main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Aliit ori'shya tal'din: The Mandalorian Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, May 17, 2016.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Su cuy'gar vode
    . If you're posting here, you must be a friend, or at least the enemy of my enemy. Here we gather as fans of all things Mandalorian. From the ancient Taung through the Crusaders, True Mandalorians, the cursed Death Watch and yes even the faithless New Mandalorians to the days of the Protectors, all are welcome. I shall serve as your Mand'alor, and will lead this club to glory.

[​IMG]

So olarom, pull up a chair and grab a mug of ne'tre gal and let us bring honor and victory to our clans and houses.

[​IMG]

Please note also our, vod fanclub in the EUC in which discussion may also take place and these off site aids for your mando'a language translation needs.

Online English/Mando'aTranslator

Online Dictionary

[​IMG]
    Rather than simply joining and discussing the various aspects of Mandalorian culture we've decided to make the fanclub a bit more interactive. To those of you involved with the Jedi or Sith fanclubs these alterations will seem somewhat familiar.

We have now introduced a more fixed rank structure as well as implemented a system of Honor Points which will be earned the through the accomplishment of various tasks assigned to you though your chain of command. The fanclub will also be split into various Houses, headed by their own leader. It is within your House (once assigned) that you will earn your Honor, and your rank.

[​IMG]

The Houses:

House Vizsla: The warrior clans of Mandalore yearning for a free and independent Mandalore flock to this banner and the leadership of the Protector. Their methods at times are seen by aruetiise (and some other Mandalorians) as brutal, but they are accomplished warriors who are feared by all who meet them.

House Saxon: Not all of the warrior clans of Mandalore seek independence, some seek to be a part of something larger, an Empire. An Empire with Mandalore as a cog (a rather large and important cog) in a galaxy spanning machine. These warriors find their way to House Saxon headed by the Viceroy.

House Kryze: The warrior ways of the Mandalorians has caused much death and destruction not only to their planet and system but to their very existence. Some Mandalorians have cast off their warrior ways and seek only peace, not only with other Mandalorians but with others as well. House Kryze, led by their Duke or Duchess, believes that the New Mandalorian way is a path to a peaceful and prosperous future.

Rank Structure:

Though the leaders of the various houses have differing titles, the rank structure within each House is the same. New members of a house start at the bottom and work their way up by earning Honor Points. The ranks are as follows:

cabur--Protector: House Leader Greater than 100 Honor Points.
    al'verde--Commander: 61-100 Honor Points
    ver'alor--Lieutenant: 41-60 Honor Points
    ruus'alor--Sergeant: 21-40 Honor Points
    alor'uus--Corporal: 1-20 Honor Points
    verd'ika--Private: 0 Honor Points, new recruit

Honor Points:

Honor is at the very heart of being Mando'ade, and it is with Honor Points that we track our member's rank through the fanclub. Honor Points are earned (as is everything in Mandalorian life) through the accomplishment of various tasks assigned by your chain of command. Anyone in a member's chain of command may assign a lower ranking member a task related to Mandalorian culture and heritage. Tasks may also be related to furthering a member's understanding of the JC Forum in general. The completion of that task can see the assigned user points awarded by the ranking member.

An officer or NCO can never award more than three (3) points for any task, and can only award points for tasks they have assigned. In addition to assigning their own tasks (for their own potential of three points) House Leaders can also reward excellence and award an additional (1) point to any task assigned by another within their chain of command that suitably impresses them.

As head of the fanclub the mand'alor has renounced his/her House affiliation and looks out for the good of all mando'ade. As such he or she may assign tasks and award points to any member regardless of House. In addition the mand'alor can also reward excellence and award an additional (1) point to any completed task if he or she deems the answer worthy. This means that if a mando'ade impresses not only their ranking officer (giving them three points), but also their House Leader and Mand'alor, their action can earn them five points.

Honor Points are to be awarded openly and in this thread only (for book keeping purposes). It is the duty of the mand'alor to keep track of Honor Points awarded and rank for all members by editing the Master roster in the opening post of this thread. As a member earns Honor points they are promoted to their next rank. Two members of the same rank may not assign tasks or award points to one another (time in rank, number of Honor Points held doesn't grant one a higher place within that rank). Upon reaching the 100 point threshold a Commander is eligible to lead the House, though unlike all others this promotion is not automatic, the House seat must be vacant before making claim to it. If two Commanders claim a vacant seat, it is the duty of the mand'alor to decide which of the Commanders is the most worthy, usually through means of assigning a new task. When the seat of mand'alor becomes vacant it must be filled by one of the current heads of House of the fanclub. All appointments to heads of Household and mand'alor are subject to approval of SWC Site staff.

Relationship with the rest of the SWC and other forums:

Members of the mando'ade are expected to act honorably not only within the confines of this thread but also on our sister thread in the EUC as well as throughout the various JC Forums. If Honor is lost through a member's actions then that will be reflected in lost Honor Points or even expulsion from this club and the labeling of you as dar'manda by all mando'ade. Membership in this fanclub does not preclude membership in any other fanclub in the SWC or any other forum. Members are encouraged (but not required) to create a Mandalorian character for themselves for use in this fanclub and throughout the forums as their Mandalorian personality. Such characters will be added to the roster after your name in parenthesis.

Joining:

Joining the ranks of the mando'ade is easy. Simply announce yourself and the House you wish to join (example I am Sabine Wren and I pledge my allegiance to house Vizsla). It is here that a made up character for yourself can be helpful if you want to get into things like Clan and so forth that don't really get explored here in our ranking system. The mand'alor will add your name to the roster (along with probably granting you your first Honor Point for declaring a House affiliation). If you later desire a change of affiliation for any reason you may renounce your House membership at any time and declare your loyalty to a differing House. However, such is seen as a dishonorable act and you will forfeit all Honor Points accumulated as well as your rank.

Roster:

Mand'alor: Bardan_Jusik, formerly of House Rau, Leader of the Fanclub Beskaryc Taab

Viceroy of House Saxon: Sinrebirth,

ruus'alor Mitth_Fisto (34 Honor Points) Susulur Dha'tra
    ruus'alor
    E. L. Knight (32 Honor Points)-- joha'alor of the Fanclub: Nakir Tal'Orar
    alor'uus
    Snokers (11 Honor Points)
    alor'uus Lady Belligerent (9 Honor Points) Ve'vut
    alor'uus
    Captain Owen (14 Honor Points) Xel Saxon
    alor'uus
    Chancellor Yoda (11 Honor Points) Jaster Deshra -Clan Ordo
    alor'uus
    Adirondackjedi27 (1 Honor Point)
    alor'uus Anakin_SkywaIker (1 Honor Point)
    Power of the Dark Side

Protector of House Vizsla: TheSilentInfluence

ruus'alor The Vanguard (28 Honor Points)
    alor'uus Jax Nova (12 Honor Points) Jax Nova
    alor'uus
    MandoArtist (13 Honor Point)
    alor'uus Fandalorian (17 Honor Points)
    alor'uus clone commander bossk (23 Honor Points) -Clan Wren
    alor'uus
    Darth Rozic (2 Honor Point) Xane Valkryie
    alor'uus
    DavrelKex (2 Honor Points)
    alor'uus Master Vo'Un'Var (9 Honor Points)
    alor'uus MandoA101 (12 Honor Points)
    alor'uus Darth Skippy (4 Honor Points)
    alor'uus KaleeshFett (3 Honor Points)
    alor'uus padawon goulden (3 Honor Points)
    alor'uus Kyber Acyk (1 Honor Point)
    alor'uus Illyrika (1 Honor Point)
    alor'uus Cowgirl Jedi 1701 (1 Honor Point)
    alor'uus Skorge (1 Honor Point)
    Dank Farrik (3 honor points)

Duchess of House Kryze: (Currently Vacant)

alor'uus Gamiel (4 Honor Points)
    alor'uus SatineNaberrie (7 Honor Points)
    alor'uus Jedi Knight Fett (5 Honor Points)
    alor'uus Sadie Erso (2 Honor Points)

mando'ade (House affiliation undeclared)

verd'ika Darth_Furio (0 Honor Points)
    verd'ika CometSmudge (0 Honor Points)
    verd'ika Darkslayer (0 Honor Points)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2023
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Very nice! I'm a friend of the Mandalorians, and enjoy reading about their world and culture.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Ah, our first convert friend. Shall I add your name to our glorious roster?

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I would be honored.

Sadie Erso and Darth Basin like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The honor is ours.

6. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    sucuy vode, nice to see a growing mandalorian community on the boards

Kato Sai and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yes, it truly is. Shall I add your name to the roster?

8. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    elek vode, it'll be fun to be a member

9. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Add me as a friend! But I can't become Mandalorian since I only speak Basic &Old High Galactic is my alphabet!

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Friends are always welcome, but only official members will be added to the roster. You may still join us of course for discussion and to enjoy the richness of our culture.

And of course the fun, can't forget the fun. :p

padawon goulden likes this.
  11. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I'll join.

I was always a bit of a Mando fan, but never got as much into the material as I wish I had. I loved Star Wars: Bounty Hunter though. That was a great game.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Su'cuy! I've never played the game. Sad to say I never played the Republic Commando games either though. :p I did very much enjoy the books though.

13. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I would recommend it, but I think you'd have to own a very old console to play it :p It was cool - running around as Jango Fett, collecting bounties. The jetpack was fun.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I actually have an old PS2 that's still hooked up even though it doesn't get used much anymore. I may have to go looking for that game. :p

15. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    You had me at "ancient Taung."

*bows to Mand'alor*

What's always drawn my curiosity (surprise surprise) is the overlap between Sith and Mandalorian history. One thing I'm sad we'll never have closure on is the allegiance and identity of Mandalore the Ultimate; we are told the Kunite Sith replaced him with an infiltrator, yet Revan paints a different picture, of the true Sith mentally influencing him, goading him to attack. Of course, KOTOR simply says the Sith - which Sith? - came to him with an offer of conquest and spoils.

If we are to take a completist approach, then Mandalore the Ultimate was replaced by a Kun infiltrator who was approached by Sith with an offer of conquest and then mind-controlled (perhaps if he rejected such an offer?) Which Sith were behind the Mandalorian Wars, I suppose we'll never really know.

One idea I played with was that Mandalore the Ultimate had the upper hand, actually - I dislike historical depictions that ignore Mandalorian autonomy and power; an alliance, as with Indomitable and the Krath, sure, but no more - and he infiltrated the Kunites, somehow. Nor do I like the idea he was successfully mind-controlled, either; Mandalorians being trained to resist such tricks, and being exceptionally good at negating the advantages of Force-users in general, is a recurring element of the lore, after all.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "the cursed Death Watch and yes even the faithless New Mandalorians " o_O

You really know how to make people feel welcome BJ.
    We have to remember that the KotOR creators seemed to think that they had the same mandate as Lucas to ignore continuity. And Continuity Charley Foxtrot is something that seems to follow all the TOR games

Padawan4687 and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Just having a bit of fun, have to stay at least somewhat in character. ;)

Lady Belligerent and Gamiel like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Which character is that again ner vod? :p

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The total lack thereof. :p

Would both of you like to be added to the roster here?

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sure vode. Don't know if I can keep finding this place after your link drops back a few pages but such is life ;)

Sinrebirth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hey hey, Vode Fisto, I'm looking for you in AtA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitth_Fisto and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Just have to keep it active then. Or you could just watch the thread. :p

Edit: Hey Sinre! I'm adding your name whether you want me to or not. :p

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Add me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I would like to join as well. I've always appreciated the Mandalorian culture and way of life.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Done and done! Welcome to you both!

TheSilentInfluence likes this.