main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Aliit ori'shya tal'din: The Mandalorian Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, May 17, 2016.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    No. I have neither the time nor the inclination for hand holding. As stated, you will receive your next task sometime later this week.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Okey :)

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Mandalore the Indomitable, translated as Te Kandosii Mand'a, this one does not deserve to be remembered.

Why? Why should we? He did not keep his own words, instead of fighting to the death or selling Mandalorian services he bargained his loyalty and people for his own safety and sake to a Sith. These are not the actions of a true Mandalore. These are the actions of a conquest hungry coward who chose a system that was stronger than he thought. He couldn't even save his new Sith Master and had to get another to do so with Massassie warriors to save the Sith from the Republic's tribunal. He couldn't defeat Onderon and died in retreating separated from his warriors. Alone he died succumbing to the tooth and claw of the beasts of Dxun. He was not the strongest of us, except perhaps as a sniveling politician.

I have 10 honor points atm.

The Vanguard and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A controversial argument. Would not Mandalore the Ultimate be all the worse than Indomitable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Te Ani'la Mand'alor? No. He was a great one. You might be referring to his actions against the Cathar? Against Sacorro? The Cathar is unclear, was it truly his orders? Or was it Fett's need for revenge, for a statement or Sith influence? I am not certain that Fett wasn't a Sith plant. It is unclear and I will not dishonor the memory of Mandalor with further conjecture on such a matter. As for the bombing of military targets that tried to use civilian shields, and using nukes to do so. It was war. There are always some collateral damage, and a cowardly enemy to do such a thing should know. Sooner or later, shields are shot.

E. L.Knight and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Three honour points, Mitth_Fisto. You argue well.

7. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Because of the sound of silence.

Mando's, that's where it's at.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If our ancestors was as great and honorable warriors as the skalds of the warrior clans paint them they had found another way around the shields that would have involved actually fighting the enemy instead of bombing them from high orbit

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Tasks for our House Kryze members.

SatineNaberrie and Gamiel, compare and contrast the philosophies of the New Mandalorians with those of another pacifist culture (of your choosing) from the GFFA.

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Skalds? I do not follow. The skald I know is a servant/vassal.

Anyway, it was not a matter of a single battle, it was a war campaign. Tactics and strategy have to come into play when considering such things, how many would have needed to be deployed to hit all the military targets in a safe and expedient fashion by Mandalor's standards? What is/was the timetable? Just because it is more honorable to fight with beskad and kill a Jedi that way does not mean it is what we do. We bomb when there are too many targets for us to devote ourselves to, we use blasters and bombs. Sometimes it is not always about honor, but about getting the job done.

E. L.Knight and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    An honour point, Mitth_Fisto.

E. L.Knight and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Captain Owen

Jan 1, 2017
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Was I using the wrong word? I meant the person that has the roll of history-keeper/storyteller

But what was the job.* And is job that has to be done without honour worth doing?

*This is partly an OOU question actually, because I have trouble keeping up the different reasons to why the mandos made war at others at different times.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well, well, well. A hint at some very interesting Mandalorian lore in the sneak peak at the end of this Rebels Recon...

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Is it not honorable to not waste lives? In a war against another host of races, another world that is merely one in many we must face, whose life should we hold in lesser standing and deserving of more honor? Some shabla aruetiise deserving to face their betters in combat? Or our own vod, who would be ground through too many ground battles without enough rest? In one scenario we risk our vod's deaths on a stepping stone.

There will always be another battle where honor is to be had. So let me ask you, why waste it on aruetii who do not have any?

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If you believe that, why do you talk for attacking them?

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Because they are coward aruetiise who tried to use civilian shields as their defense. Their lives were offered, why waste Mando lives?

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh carp that's curious.

*watches his kin argue with the auretiise lover*

21. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    After years of the canon trying to appease Fett fans. At last!...

[​IMG]
    Our time has come!.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. Captain Owen

Jan 1, 2017
    "Warhead" was quite interesting.

23. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Gamiel, must you argue with everyone over every little point? It grows tiresome.

Also, Mitth has the right of it. In war, tactics play a big part in success or failure. Why would you waste men, supplies and equipment on an attack that you know is strategically impossible to move in your favor when you can simply bomb them and increase your advantage?

You seem to have very little of a mind for war.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    In war, it is most ethical to end it as quickly as possible. That often means utilizing some of the most brutal tactics in order to put a quick (and victorious) end to the bloodshed.

Also, for everyone's viewing pleasure, a longer cut of the Legacy of the Darksaber previewed in the clip I posted earlier.

25. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

Someone posted a theory that Sabine might be the beginnings of the Knights of Ren, and now this makes it very interesting indeed.