CVII All About Anaheim - Airports, Hotels, Parks, & More!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 31, 2013.

1. lucaslinda Force Ghost

Wow- fantastic thread! Will be checking daily as we zero in on the one year mark in April. I did notice there's a bit of conflict on information regarding shuttle from Ontario / John Wayne Airport. Some say there is one, some say there isn't?? Anyone know for sure and if it does make more sense to fly in there vs the jungle of the LA Airport with traffic probs? I'm thinking of flying in, taking a shuttle, experiencing CVII and then renting a car and heading up north. Thanks for all of this information, Miana. You've been here for earlier Celebrations, and I knew we can count on you this time, too.
  2. walldoggy Jedi Knight

If you can swing it, I would recommend flying into the John Wayne. It IS a smaller airport with less airlines flying into it, so it will generally be a little more expensive. But it's about half the distance compared to LAX. And with traffic, the time can be more than double to get to Anaheim.
  3. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Thank you. That's the kind of information some of us can use.
  4. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Flights for April 2015 are being taken at American Airlines,
    Delta, US Airways and United. I've been checkng since
    last Tuesday. Fares are running between $440/$550, non
    stop with a possibility of one layover. Flying directly from
    DTW into SNA. Been through LAX back in the middle 80's,
    don't want to experience that again. Marriott reserved, CVII
    confirmation ticket and flight were biggies! Now I can start
    saving for Disneyland Park Hopper.
    jedinightwing likes this.
  5. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I paid $465 with the 2% Delta code IND-LAX Direct Flight.
    I am going to use the "Super Shuttle" to get to the Hotel witch is $17 OW but I also seen that they offer discounts on their facebook page so I am keeping an eye out for that.
  6. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    FYI guys, The TSA implemented a new security tax today. I checked Delta where I booked my tickets and they are now $10 higher ,ya its only $10 but u know that old saying? $10 is $10
  7. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  8. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    The Anaheim Hilton and Marriott are VERY nice places to stay and I have been to both. My personal preference is for the Hilton for sentimental reasons.

The staff at the Hilton went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of after a booking mishap about 10 years ago. In short: their booking server had crashed, I was given a room which had already been booked so I was upgraded to a King bed suite only to find out after I came back from a long, LONG afternoon at Disneyland that my card key didn't work. I stood around, blisters on my feet while the security guy tried his master key which also didn't work. I was hot, sweaty, and just wanted to lay down but couldn't and this guy saw it. The security guy then called the top guy who deals with locks who got me into my room with his key. I crashed and the security guy told me to wait in my room and that he'd be back with a good key. He arrives back 10 minutes later with two working keys and three bottles of ice water, for me. on the house. It wasn't much, but it showed me that they cared about my wellbeing and that hotel has my business whenever I am out there.
  9. Zzzman74 Jedi Youngling

It's so great that it's right next to Disney. We will do Disney AND CVII !!!