main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII All About Anaheim - Airports, Hotels, Parks, & More!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 31, 2013.

1. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    If there aren't going to be any shuttle buses servicing travel to your hotel (I think you're staying at the BW in Garden Grove?), then, yeah, paying for ART is better. I think it might be cheaper to buy one of the daily/weekly passes rather than paying $3 each way.

And my question is: does anyone know if the Convention Center is going to have a makeshift post office so we can ship our goodies home? I've never been to this particular Convention Center, so I have no idea. I've seen that the Hilton and the Marriott have (I think) FedEx, but I'd rather avoid that since they have high convenience fees.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Not sure.

There is a US Post office on the other side of Disneyland:

HOLIDAY
    1180 W BALL RD

ANAHEIM, CA 92812-9998

Lot Parking Available
    800-ASK-USPSĀ® (800-275-8777)

It's right between the Shell gas station and the SpringHill Suites Marriott, and there's an ART stop right in front.

3. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    Thanks a lot for that info regarding the location of a post office. I was just hoping for something closer to the con. I didn't know about the ART stop, though, so thanks for that. But I will cross my fingers that the Convention Center has a makeshift USPS (I remember CIV had one in Los Angeles but I don't know if that was because it was tied in with the SW stamp release).

4. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Question regarding parking at the Convention Center. I've seen that they have multiple parking garages/decks there. Does anyone have any experience regarding how full they get? Or do they typically have plenty of parking?

5. Linny

Linny Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2015
    Well, I've been to Wondercon there and parking was bad. Get there early. I tried to go to Wondercon on a Saturday around 11am. Besides lines of cars up and down Harbor and Katella streets, all the parking was gone--the convention center parking, the hotel parking (the hotels will charge $20 to park in their lots, but all were full), and the Disneyland overflow parking across the street was all full. So get there very early.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you are staying at a hotel, it might be worth seeing if there is a shuttle bus to the convention center either from there or another nearby hotel. No need to worry about parking then..

7. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    I'm staying at Motel 6 Maingate Wednesday - Sunday then flying out again on Sunday night. It's like a 20min walk from the Convention Centre and 5min from a 7/11, it's not too bad.

8. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    Kind of a odd request I guess, but not being a local....

How does one get from the Anaheim area up to Long Beach? What's the best (and safest) choice? Taxi, bus, etc.?

I'm considering attending CVII for a couple days, then hitting the Grand Prix of Long Beach on Sunday 4/19. Thanks!

9. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    I've heard cabs can be about $70 or more from Anaheim to LB. You could consider Super Shuttle and that would take you from Anaheim to the LB Airport (http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/DisneylandAirportShuttle.aspx) and from there you could take a cab or use LB Transit (http://www.lbtransit.com/).

Personally, I'm more familiar with this method: take Metrolink (a commuter train) from Anaheim (the stop is near the stadium) up to Union Station, then catch the Red Line (a subway) and then catch the Blue Line (another subway) and that goes as far south as downtown LB (1st street area, a few blocks from the harbor). But that method is rather lengthy (about 2 hours).

10. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I just downloaded the apps for Lyft and Uber. Those sound like excellent alternatives to a taxi or bus...especially if you're riding with others.

I've not used the service of a private "taxi" ride myself, but I know people who have in the Denver area and they rave about how easy, fast and convenient it is. And how much cheaper.

Since my wife and I plan to arrive early and take in LA/Hollywood, we decided not to rent a car, but to use the Uber or Lyft service instead. Here's hoping we don't end up dead in a ditch somewhere! ;)

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  11. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    Wow, thanks for the info! I'm in NYC a lot so switching trains is nothing new to me. I may simply rent a car, and get a hotel further away for less $.

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Does anyone know of you can take a SuperShuttle roundtrip from LAX to one location, but have the return pick-up to LAX be at another location? Never done a Shuttle roundtrip from two different locations and didn't see the option on their website.

13. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'm booking SuperShuttle as well, round trip from Long Beach Airport to Desert Palms Hotel (Disneyland). I sure don't see an option to have return trip from another location. Maybe give them a call or contact them online. :)

14. ANGRY_LEIA

May 15, 2002
    I'm doing SuperShuttle...sounds cheaper than renting a car, etc. $70.00 round trip. Would like to go into Hollywood, but might try Uber or Lyft for that...

15. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    Not sure if you're into it, but during the week, it's $8.75 on an Anaheim Metrolink to Union Station (in Los Angeles), and then it's $1.75 to take a Red Line subway from there to Hollywood/Highland (near the Chinese Theatre, Walk Of Fame, etc.). Amtrak will also take you from Anaheim to Union Station, but it costs more (its advantage is that it doesn't limit itself to rush hour schedules).

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  16. ANGRY_LEIA

May 15, 2002
    Excellent, thanks for the tip klingklang! :)

17. EROK27

EROK27 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2015
    Does anyone know if the taxi fare is still a set price from LGB (Long Beach airport) to the Disney/Convention area? LGB website states $45 flat rate. Also, would it be better to take the surface streets or freeway at 7:30am Thursday morning? Also it look like Uber won't do LGB but Lyft will. Any info on that? THANKS!!!