main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All Alone- An I Dare You Challenge by pink_saber_girl, AU, angst/romance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pink_saber_girl, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pink_saber_girl

pink_saber_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2005
    This is my I Dare You Challenge. It's a little over the word limit, but I couldn't bare to cut anything! Read, review, and enjoy!

pink_saber_girl

P.S. It's a sorta alternate universe. Here are the things you need to know so it makes sense.

1. Jango was never a bounty hunter. In fact, he and Padme were good friends. You'll find out what I mean if you keep reading.

2. Padme was never pregnant.

3. Not only did Anakin kill Mace and the younglings, but Obi Wan as well.

K, now you are all set!

The Challenge:

Wow! That's very evil for one so young!

Okay, so your challenge is:

Write a story in which Jango Fett does not die on Geonosis and Padme and Jango Fett plot together to take over the galaxy. In this scenario, Padme is married to Anakin. But you can take this story in any direction you want: angst, drama, humor, etc.

Good luck!

LadyPadme

The Story:

Padme and Jango crouched low to the ground listening for any coming storm troopers. This was their one chance. If they failed, the galaxy would forever be ruled by a tyrant, never seeing the good of democracy again. If they failed, they were as good as dead. We might already be, she thought to herself quietly

The Death Star was huge, but Padme had lived- no, been trapped- inside its walls long enough to know where everything was located. This place had been all she had known for 5 long years. Sidious had implanted a slave tracking device in her neck, making sure she didn?t go beyond her boundaries. She had cried to Anakin, begging him to remove it. He had just shrugged, saying that there was nothing he could do.

There had been many things Anakin had let her down on though. He had told her that they that one day he would destroy his master and they would set up a democracy together, the way she had always dreamed it. He told her one day they would have children and leave this place for Naboo. He had told her he loved her.

But as the days passed and slid together, it became increasingly clear that none of it was true. He was enthralled too much with his new found power. Hate and love were the same to him. Anakin had forgotten everything he had believed in in their younger days, when there had been nothing but love and hope between them.

She couldn?t honestly call him Anakin anymore, the boy with the passionate blue eyes. Anakin had died the day he turned to the dark side, the blue orbs turning a disturbing shade of yellow. Anakin had died the day he tricked her into coming here. Anakin had died at Sidious?s hand, along with democracy. She couldn?t and wouldn?t love this cold monster whose body had once been her husbands..

When the coast was secure, they took of in a mad dash down the corridor. The cold stone durasteel floors echoed eerily in time with their feet. The beads of sweat trickled down her face, but she could waste no time to wipe them away. The only thing she could afford to push down were her personal feelings. Ones of guilt, hurt, regret, fear, and lost love.

Jango quickly punched in the codes to set off the alarm in the hanger. ?It should buy us just enough time,? he quietly told her. ?There?s no turning back now.?

He planted a silent kiss on her cheek, and they once again began the hurried pace to the Sidious?s chamber.

?Come on Padme, I?ll race you!? a shout came from the top of the hill. Her young eyes looked with glee to see him. He hadn?t broken his promise. He had come just like he had said he would.

She yanked up her skirts and took off in a futile effort to catch up. The Lake looked beautiful from here; the cool waters beckoned to be swam in. It was the first swim of the season, and she was sharing it with Palo. She could hardly believe her good fortune

He had asked her after the Youth Legislator meeting. They had been good friends, yet she had always liked him secretly. Today, though, was the first time that they had spoken outside ?school.? The day promised to be wonderful.

When she got to the water?s edge, he was already swimming

2. pink_saber_girl

Aug 9, 2005
  3. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    You know my opinion. Your best work yet, my dear. It's long (it may not fit within challenge regulations, but I certainly like nice long ones!), the characterizations are spot on, It's just awesome. You did good girl.

4. Senator_Nora

Senator_Nora Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    Congrats on another great piece, pink_saber_girl! Best luck in the challenge. I'm sure LadyPadme will be pleased with it. Again, a wonderful job! =D=

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderfully done! =D=

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great response!!! =D=

7. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Very nice and tragic! I really liked it!

8. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Really nicely done.

Excellent!

9. pink_saber_girl

Aug 9, 2005
    Thanks for the reviews you guys!

kotorchick- Yes, I finally listened to you and extended a fan fiction! Be proud.

Senator_Nora- Thanks so much! I like this one much better than my other pieces, and it's always nice to see when you reply!

VaderLVR64- Thanks so much for reading!

rhonderoo- Thank you for taking the time to review! Glad it was well recieved :)

VA-Parky- Yes, it is tragic. I had such a tough time writing it because it didn't have a happy ending, but I think it bettered the story. Thank you for reviewing!

cdmcc- Thanks a ton! Glad you liked it :D

Keep reading and reviewing! I'll try and reply to everyone!

10. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    Because she begged.

Bump.

11. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Waaaa :_| but, but, but. Poor Padmé.

A lovely tragic dare response. Good job.

KD

12. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Okay, wayward challenge partner reporting in.

pink_saber_girl, first off, my apologies for not replying here sooner, but when you PM'd me that you'd already completed your challenge, I was still floundering on what direction to take my own, and I was a bit ashamed at how badly I was doing up to that point, so I told myself I'd R&R when I was capable of handing in my own challenge...and I told myself I'd get it done soon, but then procrastinated, and procrastinated.

Anywho, my own portion of the challenge being completed, I wanted to come in and compliment you on the great job you did answering all the points of your own challenge.

I loved the twist of Jango being Palo! What an interesting juxtaposition. I'd never considered the possibility, but of course, we never knew where Jango came from nor what happened to Palo, really after the youth legislation thingy. Kudos for great imaginative twist! I enjoyed the background that you gave them. And as I read through the vignette, I had no idea of how the mission would end, but when I got to it, I was shocked in a most enjoyable way. Great ending and how very poignant!

=D= =D= =D=

Great job! @};-

13. pink_saber_girl

Aug 9, 2005

Thanks! I really wanted to not have the typical happy ending. Too cliche' for my taste, plus I can't write them worth a flip! Glad you enjoyed it!

Nice to see you again! don't worry, I'm the Queen of Procrastination. *glances as pile of homework* So glad you liked it! I was really hoping that you would. Shock value is kind of my thing. Absolutly love leaving and audience stunned. *wicked grin* Again, you did a great job with yours. Glad to have been your partner. It was loads of fun!

14. Senator_Nora

Senator_Nora Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    Nice to hear from you again! So, when are you going to post that cover you told me about? Dying to see it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.